Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sulochana Ananda KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am asking about my wife, she is suffering by uncontrolled periods, uncontrolled flow of blood regularly for 7to 8 days. Coz of it she gonna bodyweakness, feels body fully broken, how can solve this long time irregular periods problem.
We are trying for pregnancy. Today my wife did HSG test. Her report is normal both fallopian tubes are open. Today doctor advised to her Mvista tablet by ensure content are L methylfolate, mecobalamin, & pyridoxine 5 phosphate for 30 days. I have searched information about this tablet on Internet but there is no any information about tablet. So I want to ask that is it safe to take this tablet for month. Please give information about this tablet it's uses, side effects etc.
My wife have a lump in left breast but we don't know is this a cancer or not please help me to know whether it is a cancer or simply a lump.
I got married since 1years 2 months still I am able to conceive. My periods are regular. And my health is normal no issues.
Doctor, We are trying to conceiving a baby. I have been recently married on May 10th 2015. I had sex regularly. My wife menstrual Cycle 30-35 days last menses due dt# 08/08/2015. I have done my Sperm count test, Result was good no negative points. Can you help me with fast Pregnancy tips and healthy diets.
I am 31 years old. Suffering with pcod. Suddenly Experiencing pain upper left side of my stomach and feel the pain mostly when I use washroom. Is it related or could be muscular?
My reports have arrived where it has shown child is in unstable lie. And NT reports is 0.6. Is a good news or bad ones?
I am planning for baby and In last month period date of my wife was 22 Feb but in march date extended to 29 March and so I am very confuse on which date I start sex with my wife Pl tell me becoz in last month I considered next period will be on 22 March and done sex as per minus 14 days but period came on 29 March Pl tell me exact date to start sex becoz we want baby.
Hi, I am 32 years female. After pregnancy my weight is gained. Now my weight is 71 kg and my height is 5.4feet Can you please suggest me the way by which I can loose my weight.
Is it possible to get pregnant without having intercourse, by touching the vagina with the hand of pre cum (fingering). I didn't got my periods and having stress in my stomach. And I am virgin?
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly.