Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Sir I was pregnant three years ago on sex with boyfriend but now I am going to be married after two month so please suggest the method or any cream that can hide virginity or fool my husband bcoz I am very afraid. So please guide me to hide virginity. Please sir.
My wife periods begin on 3rd in this month. And we had unprotected sex from 7th to 24th in this month except 21,22 so is it possible she can get pregnant. Because we are planning for baby last six months but no result till date. Also she is feeling joint pain so she thought she could become periods (period hone wali ha)
Hey doc. Wanna ask u. My mate had an ipill on 6th morning. And she is on ayurvedic medication, however she didn't had her ayurvedic medicine after she had the ipill. Can she start having her Ayurvedic dosage from today. I mean is it safe now, after 5 days of having ipill?
I had a child and we are planning to next children but I want gap 5 years so tell me any birth control process.
Sir I m 25 her old & my wife age is 24. Sir we have a baby girl , her age is 4 year. Sir now we want to another baby. So we had tried 2 time recently but unfortunately our embrio miscarriage 2 time . Yesterday the last miscarrege, it was only one month embrio. Doctor why is the resion behind it.
My girl friend went for a blood test to determine the thyroid levels and there was a biological reference range given. Like pregnancy First trimester: Second trimester: Third trimester: Mat I know what is about? Is it anything related to pregnancy. If so I want to know the status of it.
I am 31 weeks of pregnant and last two days I feel my baby's keeping kicking my lower abdomen and I feel to pee however if I try to pee it stops by few drops, also let me know it s advisable to go for a long travel by car.
My mom is continuing with hempushpa since 3 months is it good to continue or it will have some side effects? Please tell me.
I am suffering with diabetes since last few years and taking regular medicines and it is under control too but since last few months I lost my libido and avoiding my husband. I am feelings guilty. Please advice.
I am 29 years old. Am suffering from adinomyosis. What to do? is it safe undergoing histactamy at this age?
I am 23 years old female. I am suffering from irregular mensuration. I will be travelling around 5 hrs per day. Is travelling may be reason?
Hello. I'm 23 years old female. I had Anal Sex during my periods which was two months back which was not a complete sex though. Since that was my first Anal sex, my partner just inserted Twice and pulled off immediately. The very next month I dint get my periods. I went to doc, gave me tabs.(Sandoz) And syrup (Femitone) just to get periods for that particular month. And I had my periods after taking them. Which was very light period. In between I had Abdominal scanning and came to know that there are tiny CYST's in both the ovaries. And this month I still dint get periods yet. Is this due to Cyst in the ovaries or Is their any chances of getting pregnant ? Please suggest me. Thank you.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.