Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sulatha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SulathaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr, I missed my period from 2 day I have pain on my stomach back and head I done pregnancy test but positive line was so much faint what its mean can I pregnant?
My problem is, my wife not get pragnet before 3 years and I live together last 6 month I check to Dr. (Gyeno) but all test are ok I. E hb, vdrl, blood sugar, hiv, hbsag, urine, l, r, thyroid function, hsg and my semen analysis, but no response received.
My sister is 2 month pregnant. please anyone tell what are the food she must take in her regular diet.
Married 4 months b4 but still wife is unable to conceive, during intercourse it takes lot of time for sperms to come out and sometimes sperms also don't comes It there any problem? Kindly advise.
Sometimes, when it comes to problems in the abdominal area, an ultrasound is not clear enough for a diagnosis. In such cases, an Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) may be performed. This procedure gives the doctor a clear view of the duodenum, bile duct, pancreatic ducts, gallbladder and papilla of Vater.
This procedure is usually performed under intravenous sedation without general anesthesia. This procedure involves the use of a duodenoscope, which can be described as a thin, long, flexible tube with a camera at one end. It also has a fiber optic bundle that transmits lights to the camera and a chip to transmit video images to a TV screen.
This is inserted through the patient’s mouth and sent down the throat through the food pipe to the stomach and duodenum while the patient is lying on his or her back. The air pipe is left undisturbed so as to not interfere with the patient’s breathing. Since the patient is not under general anesthesia, he or she can move and turn according to the doctor’s needs. The papilla of Vater is a small nipple like structure with an opening to the bile duct and pancreatic duct. Once this has been identified, a small plastic catheter is passed through the duodenoscope into the bile duct or pancreatic duct through the papilla. Dye is then injected into the area and X-rays are taken of the bile ducts and pancreatic duct. In cases where a biopsy is needed, other instruments can also be passed through the endoscope. Plastic or metal stents can also be passed through this to relieve obstructions in the bile ducts and pancreatic ducts.
ERCP can be used to diagnose and treat a number of conditions in the liver, bile ducts, gall bladder, pancreas and papilla of Vater. These include:
- Blockage of the bile duct by gallstones, cancer, scars, tumors or compression from adjacent organs.
- Jaundice due to an obstructed bile duct. This can also cause light stools and dark urine.
- Persistent upper abdominal pain
- Unexplained weight loss and loss of appetite
- Diagnosing a Dysfunctioning Sphincter of Oddi within the Papilla of Vater
ERCP can also be used to confirm pancreatic cancer and cancer of the bile duct. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, the doctors can customize treatment according to the patient’s needs.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
My husband age is 31 my age is 26 I have bilateral polycystic ovaries and thyroid, my amh level is 4.5 and both side ovaries I have 6+ follicles and endometriam is 7mm, I have done my hsg we are married for three +years, two ivf cycles failed, my husband staying aboard in a year we have intercourse is one month my husband semen analysis is normal, please do the helpful.
If the girl have periods & man wants a intercourse, due to pain the girl don't want intercourse, in that conditions what a man should do?
My wife period date start in Feb 22 in march 29 and in April now 26 when I will do sex Pl tell me period with date because we'll try for baby from six month but not success.
I had got my last periods on 3rd march and it go over on 9th march. On 11th march I had oral sex with my bf and without condom he rubbed on my vagina n before perming he stopped. I have not got my periods yet I'm worried Am I pregnant Pls help If I am pregnant what will I need to do? Pls tell me the ways to test if I'm pregnant or not.
Iam 23 year old. I have late periods that 2 months and 3 months. please tell me. How to get regular periods and what can I do?
Muje pcod prblm h thyroid bi h .iske chlte pregnancy me problem aari h. Agr in dino problem k sath meri tube block hone k chance h kya. Or hai to uska pta kese chalega.
Hi I have a very important question. Me and gf. Was dated last month on 26thdec. We were dry humping. She were on her panty inside panty her period pad was there as she was in periods on 6th day. She was still bleeding. During dry humping. I cummed and that liquid just touched her panty. She changed both panty and pad and cleaned herself. Der was nothing Penetration's or intercourse between us. And she is still virgin. This month on 22nd was her period due she is still not getting her period. We both are very afraid that she will get pregnant. Can you tell she's pregnant or something problem. What should we do to get her periods soon. Please help. Very much confused and scared off. My age is 26 and she is 24.
Vaginal dryness can be caused due to a range of factors, including hormonal alterations, medicine side effects, psychological factors like stress and anxiety and much more. Female lubrication begins as your hormones signal your brain that you are being aroused sexually.
There is swelling in the inner and outer vaginal lips and your vulvovaginal glands start secreting fluids to help the process of penetration. But some women find it really difficult to feel wet and ready for the intercourse and experience painful intercourse before they finally lose interest in the whole act of lovemaking. Before you give up hope, ask yourself these few important questions and make the necessary changes to help yourself lubricate enough while enjoying intimate acts.
Are you too stressed out?
This is one of the most important reasons behind the lack of sexual drive in both men and women. It also occurs when you are ageing and approaching menopause. Lack of proper lubrication also takes place as your hormones rise and then fall, and you can consider meditating or performing a few yoga exercises in the morning to help your sex health.
Are you on a medication?
There are certain antibiotics and other medicines that lead to vaginal dryness as a form of a side effect and your sex health would come back to its normal state after seven days of finishing the course.
Are you hurrying too much?
It can so happen that your regular sexual activity is demanding for a longer course of foreplay, such as kissing, touching and cuddling, so that you get the time to become fully aroused. There are some erogenous spots in your body that crave for attention, and you can try a new position or a new sex toy or probably go with playful stroking and kissing all over the body to get stimulated.
Is everything about your diet alright?
Your diet mirrors how your body is going to respond to various situations. It is good to include loads of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet and curb down those sweet meats, cream coffees, fries and junk foods and drink more water. You can also consider incorporating zinc and vitamin supplements as they help in lubrication.
Thankfully, these ways of handling lubrication issues are much easier than estrogen inserts. If you are experiencing symptoms like hot flashes owing to vaginal dryness, you can go for an oral medication as prescribed by a health expert. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.