Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sulatha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SulathaYour feedback matters!
Hello, What is the correct time to have sexual intercourse, but pregnancy should be avoided? Please answer.
Iam 6 month pregnant and i am suffering from serious pain in my left side chest n hand n back plzz suggest me something soon.
I got married 1 year back and still could not enjoy sex life completely. When I try to insert I am unable to completely. Not sure my penis not that hard or her vagina is not smooth easy. When I get excited I feel my penis to be hard. Can you please help me on this to have beautiful sex life.
Hi doctor I am thirty seven old virgin. Mujhe periods to regularly a raha h but buht time se period time me five days me buht kam blood a raha h. Kya future me mujhe is se koi problem to Maui hogi. Marriage regarding etc. And I am insulin dependent diabetic.
I have been passing hard stool since last 3-4 days that is causing stretching n pain in anus. I had c section delivery a month ago. please suggest any medicine.
The lack of libido after pregnancy is common in women. Almost every woman goes through this phase. Apart from hormonal imbalance, there could be a range of other factors, such as fatigue, distraction and psychological fear that may contribute to it. Doctors often suggest refraining from sex for six months after the baby is born. If, however, you still suffer from a lack of sexual urge, here is a checklist that could help you to reignite the old spark.
- Communicate with your partner: Talking to your husband about sex is important. Women often shy away from discussing sex with their partner only to complicate things further. Men, on the other hand, take a lack of interest in sex from their partner as a sign of their inability to satisfy. Before things go out of hand, it is important that you communicate your feelings and explain how your body is not supporting you. This will set the expectation straight.
- Visit your doctor: While a lack of interest in sex immediately after giving birth is normal; if it continues to persist for many months following the delivery, it is time to visit your doctor. A lower libido can be a sign of other physical problems as well. Some simple tests by your doctor can easily reveal any problems that you might have.
- Address fatigue: More than 70% of the women suffer from fatigue after giving birth. This is one of the major reasons of low sex drive among women. Short naps throughout the day will help you to fight fatigue and stabilise your hormones. Enough rest will inch you towards increasing your libido.
- Try some running: Brisk walking or jogging for every thirty minutes a day will make you feel better. This will ensure that your heart pumps faster and your sexual desire doesn’t wear out. It will help you to become more active and take charge of your sex life. Jogging also helps to wipe out the excess fat that you might have accumulated during the pregnancy.
- Try a supplement: There are a plethora of supplements out there in the market to enhance your libido. From creams to natural herbs, vitamin to herb creams, the options are many. Ginseng, for instance, is a proven herb that is known to increase a women’s sexual desire. Most of these supplements do not lead to any serious side effects.
- Prepare yourself mentally: It is always a good idea to prepare yourself before the act. A warm bed, a little wine, a romantic movie will direct you to transform from a young mother to a lover. Often these little preparations go a long way in increasing the sexual drive and reigniting the old spark. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
If you can run do run at least for 10 minutes alternately. Its always better to start early in your life.