Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sulaika AjmalYour feedback matters!
Recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the musculature of the outer third of the vagina that interferes with sexual intercourse.
Vaginismus may be mild, moderate or severe. In some females, even the anticipation of vaginal insertion may result in muscle spasm and prevention of penetration. Desire, pleasure and orgasmic capacity may not be impaired. The condition may disrupt relationship. Unconsummated marriage and infertility have been found to be associated with condition. Diagnosis is made during the routine gynecological examination when the contraction of vaginal outlet is observed. Contraction of the muscles may cause pain.
In some vaginismus cases occurs during sexual activity but not during gynecological examination. This disorder found more in younger women. Vaginismus is a psychosomatic problem. Women can experience orgasm by getting effective sexual stimulation, without penetration. Husband may become ‘impotent’ being persistently unsuccessful in penetration or because of not wanting to hurt his wife. We are treating such cases at WNHO Clinic, Pune. Detail Information help line Mob. No. 9822006427.
At first time penetration the hymen breaks and bleeding compulsory or not in all girls? What was the reason for bleeding and non-bleeding it indicates virgin?
I had sex with my boyfriend last week. 4 days earlier I found that my right leg labia is swollen and irritated and now my right Labia is irritated, swollen, very big and there are pustules all over my vagina, Labia and clitoris. It is so painful that I can't even open my legs. I consulted a gyno three days back she gave me an antibiotic (azithral 500), painkiller and Vibac ds. All my STD test came back negative. Pain has reduced a bit. I'm taking medication for last 2 days. Pustules busted and all the puss came out now it is more like an open ulcer wound. Doctor has told me to continue the medication for 5 days. My question is that weather the antibiotic medicines which I take be sufficient enough to heal the ulcer wounds. Ulcer wounds Now gives out a yellow color discharge. It pains a lot because the ulcer ones are all over my vagina, clitoris inside my labia. Is it normal because all my STD tests are negative when will the wounds heal? Will antibiotics be sufficient enough To close and heal the pustule wounds.
Dear Doctor, i am suffering from 1 and half years different types of problems 1. Every 1 or 2 month suffering from aphthosis (like black big spot) 2. My vagina is itching any smelling so much with wet 3. Also i am suffering with gas problem so can you suggest me what should i i has also check up and take lots of medicine.
Should there be a minimum age for the insertion of IUDs? I have learnt that barrier methods are not 100% effective neither the withdrawal methods.
deviry 10 mg for 5 day. Is it harmful for future my gf height is 5 ft and weight is around 45 kg id this medicine creates any problem for future period and her age is 21.
Hi sir my last period date 15 october and this month today I had period 13 november so 2 days distance so can pregnancy possible ?
4 year ago I married I don't have any good news in this hole time suggest me what's going on my wife say me his time period come to one month 15 days tow month.
My friend is using overall tablet for irregular periods on regular course basis of 21 days which is consulted by a doctor. Is it ok to use the tablet continuously? is there is any side effects with those tablet by using it on regular basis. My doubt is that if the tablet changes the activities in a body and how harmful is that tablet to human that to especially for girls! please reply me on this. Thanks.
How to know whether I am pregnant or not before periods and give the symptoms and authority to check thru pregnancy test kit.
I want to tone my tummy as after becoming a mummy I have developed a pouch becuse of 2 cyerian. I have 2 daughters aged 7 and 4.
I am 46 year old and completed my period .I am gaining. Weight very fast so how to boost metabolism.
The LES valve in the stomach is designed in such a way that as soon as food passes through it, it closes. If however, LES remains partially or fully open, acid produced by the stomach can move up to the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation called acid reflux or heartburn. This condition is commonly known as the hital hernia.
Some of the common symptoms of acid reflux:
1. Consumption of large meals at one go.
2. Lying down immediately after having a meal.
3. Obesity or being overweight.
4. Consumption of snacks just before bedtime .
5. Consumption of certain food items such as chocolate, garlic, onion and citrus-related food.
6. Consumption of caffeine related products such as coffee, liquor and cigarettes.
7. Certain medicines such as aspirin is also known to be a trigger for acid reflux.
8. Pregnant women or patients with blood pressure are known to be suffering from acid reflux.
Tips to deal with acid reflux
There is a wide range of treatment options available for acid reflux. If you are suffering from occasional heartburn, there are some wonderful home remedies that can be tried. However, if the acid reflux recurs more than once in a week, it is best to consult a doctor. Home remedies to deal with acid reflux:
1. Sleeping on the left side is known to reduce acid reflux.
2. Reducing weight greatly helps in tackling acid burn. Patients with obesity are more vulnerable to acid burn.
3. It is best to avoid food that triggers acid burn.
4. Chewing gum greatly helps in countering acid burn. It helps in producing saliva which soothe the esophagus.
5. Intake of One spoon of baking soda every day proves to be extremely effective. Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which has a pH of more than 7 and can effectively neutralize the acid from stomach.
6. Intake of aloe vera, apple, banana or ginger is known to have very positive effects on acid burn.
7. Intake of 1 table-spoon of mustard can give instant relief from acid burn. Mustard’s alkaline properties can make the acid neutral in the system.
8. Regular intake (one after every meal) of almond helps to fight acid burn
1. If you are buying over the counter, Histamine 2 blockers is a great medicine that instantly gives relief from an acid burn. Typically Doctors suggest this medicine with a higher dosage. This medicine can be consumed half an hour before the consumption of a meal. However, It is best to consult a doctor before consuming any medication.
2. Doctors often suggest medicine from the PPI family. It effectively blocks acid production in the esophagus for a longer duration. Some common medicine from this group includes Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole. Although, a doctor should be consulted.