Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sulaika Ajmal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sulaika AjmalYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to get period after getting pregnant? Does the girl gets 3 times implantation bleeding in pregnancy?
I am 10 weeks pregnant and I don't feel like I am pregnant. No vomits or vomit sensations. No other symptoms too but I am pregnant of 10 weeks. My stomach is a bit grown and I suffer alot from back pain. Is back pain common during my stage. And why am I not getting or feeling any other symptoms. Is my baby healthy. Because I have heard it if vomits happen baby is healthy. So I am worried please help me with it.
Hi I am 26 years old. I had got periods 5 days before my periods date though ,is there symptom of pregnancy as my breast is feeling heavy n constipation problem please let me know what to do.
I am 29 years old. I had a miscarriage one year back. When doctor did ultrasound she said there is no heartbeat of baby. So I abort a baby. Its one year passed I am not able to conceive again. I consulted a gynae she gave me fertomid 50 but no output so she said now I should go for tubes test. Might be doctor who aborted has blocked the tubes. I am bit confused. What should I do now ?
Over the years, infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. And each of them leaves the persons with feelings of betrayal, anger and guilt. There are 101 reasons for infidelity – even among the harmonious marriages - emotional disconnection from a partner is cited one of the most common causes. Feeling deprived of affection, appreciation, emotional support, feeling lonely and sad and the consequent feelings of anger and resentment all culminate into why people stray.
- Bad judgment - But it could be as simple as impulsive decisions and acts too. The primary relationship (that is, the relationship with the spouse or long-term partner) maybe perfectly harmonious, yet in a momentary attraction and a rash decision a person may sow the seeds for infidelity.
- Sexual dissatisfaction - Sexual dissatisfaction is stated as another important cause.
- Search for an emotional connect - Many a time, it's also the urge for attention, to be flattered, and to be attracted by someone, causes infidelity.
Whatever the reasons for one to stray away, the act shatters the trust of the betrayed persons, and everything they believe to be true about the partner. People find themselves crying a lot, not being able to concentrate, being upset, and feeling depressed. The most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship. However, emotions change over time. Once the initial shock is over, there are steps one might try before walking out of the relationship-
- Ending the affair immediately - The first and foremost step that one must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion - If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise - Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be nearly what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it, as well as have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy - Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also take the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist can, through a series of sessions of discussions and sound counsels, avert the possible ending of the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am a 24-year-old girl. I have one lump in my left breast for over a year now. I got a mammography test done last year and it showed the lump was benign. But it is still there. What do I need to do to dissolve the lump? Please, advise.
Swine flu is the commonly used word for H1N1 influenza virus infection. It is a relatively newer strain of the influenza virus, and is so called because it was originally discovered in people who were in direct contact with pigs. This is not necessarily the case now. Also, one should note that despite the name, it does not spread by eating pork or bacon or ham.
It is very contagious and spreads from person to person very rapidly. Swine flu was big news in 2009 when it was declared a pandemic an is in news again as a number of people have succumb to death in 2017 because of it.
Mechanism of spread: When a person with flu sneezes or coughs, the virus is released into the air, and when another person breathes the virus, they get the disease. It could also be through surfaces like doors or restroom handles which were handled by the infected person. The symptoms take about 7 days to develop, and could be quicker and severe in people with weak immune system
Symptoms: Swine flu resembles the regular flu with generic symptoms including:
Testing: A swab test can be done but is not required in all people, except the below
- Extremely young or old people
- People with known weakened immunity
- People with debilitating medical conditions (chronic lung or liver disease, severe diabetes, nervous disorders, etc.)
- People in nursing or assisted living
- When swine flu is detected, one of the following medications is usually given – osteltavimir, peramivir, or zanamivir. The results are best when given in the first 48 hours.
- Antibiotics are not effective as it is a viral disease.
- Cold and fever medications are given for symptomatic relief
- Aspirin should be avoided
Prevention: When there is a high incidence of swine flu in your surroundings, do the following:
- If you are affected, stay indoors to avoid spreading the disease
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Contain coughs and sneezes with a kerchief or a tissue so that virus spread is limited
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with likely infected hands
- Keep elderly, pregnant, asthmatics, and young people away from the infected person. They have lower immunity and can contract the infection much faster
- If you are infected, limit your movement in the household and try to stay put in one place
- Caretaking preferably should be done by one person to limit exposure among all the members in the family. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Hello, I am 25 year old, I am new married, I have problem about sex, before sex when I doing foreplay then no liquid spread from my vagina it's dry after foreplay, so I have suffering pain during sex due to lack of lubrication, so what can I do? Have any solution for vagina dryness, I want natural lubrication, I have other options but I want natural if possible.
Becoming pregnant is indeed the most special experience for any woman and should be enjoyed. However, at this point you’re not looking only after yourself but also an unborn baby. Hence complications that occur during pregnancy affect both the health of the mother and the baby if not addressed and treated in time.
Here are a few health conditions that are commonly experienced by pregnant women.
- Anemia: A drop in hemoglobin levels or red blood cells count is termed as anemia. In most cases, this is triggered by iron deficiency. You may also feel excessively tired, look pale and experience shortness of breath. Taking iron and folic acid supplements can stabilize iron levels and treat anemia.
- Gestational diabetes: Blood sugar levels often fluctuate during pregnancy. The body’s inability of processing sugars and starch is known as gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes can be diagnosed with a glucose screening test and an oral glucose tolerance test. If untreated, this can lead to a number of complications during delivery and preeclampsia. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and getting regular exercise can help stabilize blood sugar levels and prevent this condition.
- Depression: For some women, the joy of being pregnant can be overshadowed by extreme sadness. This could be a result of hormonal changes, stress or changes in the brain chemistry. Depression can harm both you and your baby by not motivating you to take care of yourself at this time. To deal with this, avoid alcohol and tobacco smoke both first hand and second hand. Build a support system and if need be consult a mental health professional as well.
- Preeclampsia: This is a condition that can begin around the 20th week of pregnancy. It causes blurred vision, high blood pressure, abdominal pain, dizziness, headaches and swelling of the hands. In some cases, it also causes seizures. Preeclampsia can result in premature delivery as well as trigger a number of other maternal and fetal risks. It can be managed with oral or intravenous medication but only delivery can cure the condition. A regular antenatal checkup should be done.
- Urinary tract infections: Fluctuation in hormone levels can lead to changes in the urinary tract thus, increasing the risk of catching a urinary tract infection. In addition to this, the growing baby in the uterus puts pressure on the bladder and does not allow the bladder to be completely emptied. This stagnant urine is another leading cause of urinary tract infections. Along with kidney infections, it can also cause premature delivery and low birth weight of the baby.