Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujatha V
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha VYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with breast pain I think it is swollen also n I have lumps in breast. Can I know the symptoms of breast cancer? Are this symptoms of cancer.
My father is 68 year old and his blood contain 101.1 pH thous total leucocytic count. Are you sure this is cancer . If yes so please give me guideline about it.
My mother has multiple diseases like diabetes with insulin, alser, thyroid, blood pressure and also having breast cancer in past but it has been operated and radiotherapy & chemotherapy has also done. In november 2014 pacemaker has also linked up with her heart.in june 20 2016 she has two heart attacks on same day. There are 8 blockages in her heart and all 3 arteries has also blocked. So Dr. has done angiography and gave a stunt to her heart. Som please tell is there is any way to open heart blockage without by-pass surgery. Angioplasty is not possible.
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a Ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through Ayurveda are mentioned here.
- Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many Indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in India since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
- Green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant: Green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is not only used in Ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.
Brain cancer is a disease of the brain in which cancer cells (malignant cells) arise in the brain tissue. Cancer cells grow to form a mass of cancer tissue (tumor) that interferes with brain functions such as muscle control, sensation, memory, and other normal body functions. Tumors composed of cancer cells are called malignant tumors, and those composed of mainly non-cancerous cells are called benign tumors. Cancer cells that develop from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors while tumors that spread from other body sites to the brain are termed metastatic or secondary brain tumors.
- Brain cancer is actually the abnormal growth and uncontrolled growth of the cancer cells in the brain,that forms a tumor in the brain.Tumours can be either benign or malignant.
- Benign brain tumours are abnormal collections of cells that reproduce slowly and usually remain separate from the surrounding normal brain.
- Malignant tumours reproduce and grow quickly. Their borders are hard to distinguish from the normal brain around them.
There are few early symptoms of brain cancer, but as the tumour grows within the confines of the skull, it causes increased intracranial pressure and exerts pressure on the brain, causing signs to develop.
Brain cancer symptoms and signs are varied and depend on the area of the brain involved, but can include:
- Nausea and Vomiting, which, CANSA reports, may be worse in the morning or after a sudden position change.
- Difficulty walking or clumsiness.
- Vision changes.
- Changes in alertness.
- Behavioural impairment.
Brain cancer occurs when there is an uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the brain that form a malignant brain tumor. The underlying cause of primary brain cancer, cancer that begins in the brain, is not known. Secondary brain cancer is caused by a cancer of another organ in the body, such as the breast, prostate, kidney, skin, or bone, that has spread to the brain.
What are the risk factors for brain cancer?
- Certain inherited conditions, including neurofibromatosis, Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, and Turcot syndrome
- Personal history of cancer or family history of brain cancer
- Impaired immune system
- Radiation therapy of the head
Surgery is the main form of treatment for brain tumors that lie within the membranes covering the brain or in parts of the brain that can be removed without damaging critical neurological functions. The goal is to remove the entire tumor, whenever possible, as a tumor may recur if any tumor cells are left behind. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy are generally used as secondary treatment for tumors that cannot be cured through surgery alone.
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a treatment option that delivers a high concentration of radiation directly to the tumor in order to stop its growth, while delivering only a minimal dose of radiation to the surrounding tissue. Unlike conventional surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery does not require making an incision to remove the tumor. It can be especially effective in patients with many small metastatic brain tumors. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!