Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha MohanYour feedback matters!
My eyesight power is decreases very frequently from last 5 years, before this I had no specs, presently m 28 yrs. M suffering this eye problem of eye sight since 22 years n its contineusily decrease and reached at -3 at both d eyes approx. Very much worried regarding my eyes issues, please help me if you people can. Thanks so much.
Is there a chance to reduce the power of eyesight without any surgery? And does exercise really works?
I am having blurring of vision n, I am using spectacle, having lack of concentration. What should I do.
I have a eyesight problem but I hate from glass tell me other way to improve my eyesight as soon as.
Sir mujhe apne aankho me pain hone lgta hain jb v main kisi ek hi jgah dekhte rhta hoon. To main iske liye kya precautions Kr skta hoon.
My eye problem. When I sit on computer table to view on screen then I feel very tribal and. After 3 or 4 our I can't see unread. So how can I do noe.
My age is 25 and my eye number is right eye 1.5 left eye 1.25 Could you please suggest me glass brand which will help maintain eye number so that it won't increase over period of time ?
His eyes is not able to see far things but he wears spectacle from last 7 years then what he has to do?
My question: I have wearing a 8 no lenses and I am working for 8 hours in computer so I will you use simple plan spex over my lens for my protection. Because I am using the same spex while driving along with the contact lenses. So kindly suggest what can we do to reduce the no of my contact lenses. Regards, yash.
Mai lense lagati hu ek eye ka power -5.5 hai ar dusre me -6 hai mai 3 years se lense laga rahi hu us se pahle mai glasses lagati thi mujhe 12 years k age me hi eye sightness ho gya tha maine lense lagana start kiya to I think 6 months k baad ek din meri right eye red ho gyi to maine eye drop dala to thik ho gya lekin ye problem baar baar ho raha hai mujhe ab continue eye drop daalna padta hai eye drop mai use karna chodti hu to kuch din thik rahta hai phir eye red hi jata hai mujhe lagta hai scratch pad gya hai please suggest me mai kya kru mujhe glasses ab lagana pasand nhi.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?