Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. SujathaYour feedback matters!
My mother had bypass 3 years back yet she has high b. P. Problems every 3-4 days after taking tablets also n because of this she feels high breath problems every week almost. What should I do?
I am suffering with itching back palms and feet back, when I scratch getting swelling and swollen portion becoming heat. Feeling fatigue, frequent moth ulcers, I recently consulted dermatologist, after screening my report is HB 11.7 differential count - GRAN-52.9% LYMP-39.9% ESNO-05 MONO-03 and Platelet count- 1.48 lakh HCT-33.6% MCV-69.9 flt and MCH-24.52 Pg MCH- 34.8% ESR-0.55 mm/hr Is anything dangerous about my blood picture, I am tense, kindly guide me sir.
1. Be smoke-free
Being smoke free is one of the best things you can do to protect your heart. Read more about smoking
2. Manage your blood cholesterol
Cholesterol is a fatty substance carried in your blood. Your body needs cholesterol to be healthy, but an imbalance of cholesterol in your blood can lead to a heart attack or stroke. Find out more about blood cholesterol and how to manage it
3. Manage your blood pressure
Blood pressure isn't usually something you can feel. If it's too high, it needs to be treated. Read about blood pressure and what you can do to control high blood pressure
4. Manage diabetes
It's important to manage your diabetes to help prevent a heart attack or stroke. For information on managing diabetes, visit the diabetes australia website.
5. Be physically active
Regular, moderate physical activity is great for your heart health. It's never too late to start and get the benefits. It's also important to sit less during your day and break up your sitting time. Find out what you can do about getting active and sitting less
6. Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the risk of heart disease and other health problems. It can help to know your body mass index and waist measurements and what these mean. Find out how
7. Enjoy a variety of nutritious foods
Eating a varied diet of healthy foods can help with your weight, blood pressure and cholesterol. Find out more about healthy eating
There are also specific changes you can make to your diet to help prevent heart disease:
8. Eat less salt: reducing your salt intake is good for your blood pressure. Read about salt in your diet and ways to reduce it
9. Replace unhealthy fats with healthy fats: replacing saturated and trans fats with unsaturated fats can reduce your risk of heart disease. Easy ideas for making the switch
10. Limit alcohol: read about alcohol recommendations and tips for cutting down on our drinks page.
*look after your mental health
We know that there can be a greater risk of heart disease for people who have depression, are socially isolated or do not have good social support. Having a good social life with family and friends can help.
Depression is more than feeling sad or low. If you feel depressed for more than two weeks, talk to your doctor, a family member or someone you know well.
I'm 23 years old suffering from sharp upper abdominal pain following with frequent washroom, diarrhea. Kindly suggest best and quick relief medications. Thankyou.
I am suffering with headache for the past 2 years and the ace is mostly on left side of the head and backache is also coming.
I work in night shift. I have trouble sleeping. I get easily distracted during my sleep during morning hours. Please suggest a feasible solution. Thanks.
I am 27 years old and my legs get itchy and swollen and big bumps appear on my whole body. I identify it when my motion is not free. And when I take laxatives and I get free motion my swollen legs and bumps disappear can you please help with it.
When I am eating I am feeling to vomit and I have problem in my urin its irritate while urination and not able to take diet in proper ways suggest me what to do.
Dear Doctor, Caught with Hepatitis A, bcoz of water pollution at my place, It was pointed out 7.9 Bilirubin on 25-07-2016 and recent report shows 2.15 bilirubin on 30-08-2016. I married recently, due to this situation, my first night postponed till I am perfect. My question is that, I would like to know how long we have to postpone it? And I sexually emotional now while in talking, is it also make problem of my health? I know if it is physical intercourse it may transfer to her, even If I am talking to her will it disturb my health? Please help me.
I have low sensibility in my feet when touched and can't identify weather the touched object is cool or hot except water. And i'll get cramps in my legs very soon if they are in one position for long time. What should I do now?
I am 22 years old I feel tired and body pain all day whether I do some work or not. I feel faint when I standup after sitting.
home remedies for fungal infections
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas