Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am a 22/f and having itching n irritation in vagina n burning sensation while peeing. I hv got urine culture test done n results are normal. What shud I do.
Hi I am 22 years old, I am suffering from pcos problem past 1 year but havent been treated properly. I have consulted both gynecologist and an endocrinologist to leave no doors closed. Can someone please guide if pcos/pcod is a gyn or an endocrine related issue?
Hello Sir/madam, please suggest me the busy sexual position for getting my wife pregnant, please explain in detail, does sex on 15 th day of MC is really helpful for increasing chances of pregnancy, please guide me. I am 28 years old male.
During sex. While I eat vagina. Some semen going inside my mouth. I think urine also gone inside my mouth. I am also eat vagina of only virgin girl without use condom. Can I get hiv aids. Dear female sexologist kindly reply my answer. I am doubt on this reason.
Taking I pill but periods still not come after sex. Now its 9 day? Can period delay after take I pill 9 and more days?
My mother is 51 years old, and over the past one year, she has been having cough problems. This seems to happen every two days (sometimes before food, sometimes after). On some of these occasions it is just cough, but on others it leads her to throw up (not necessarily food, sometimes only phlegm). One of the previous doctors she had consulted, recommended she take an endoscopy of esophagus, but she is not comfortable with that. Do these symptoms have anything to do with menopause? is there an alternative to endoscopy? if endoscopy is a must, can it be done with anesthesia? kindly advice. Someone I know from work has consulted with you for their mother who had similar symptoms, hence seeking your guidance.
Dear Sir / madam, I am 33 years old, married 11 years back, and I am having 10 year old daughter. And I am having thyroid. From last 5 years in the period time more and more bleeding happening, it will happen 5- 6 days. I suffering like any think I once thought to die also for this problem. In period time too much stomach pain also will be there. Kindly suggest me to cure. This above said problem.
My right breast is producing milk since last week. I have my regular periods and I'm definitely not pregnant. Are these symptoms of breast cancer or any serious. please help me.
My Dr. prescribed me vivo conceive f tablet for infertility treatment. So can you tell me side effect of this tablet and is this really help me for my treatment? I search on net for this tablet but can not find anything so I am little bit confuse regarding this tablet.
I am 31 year old, had pcod and today my 9th day of period and still bleeding after passing urine with clot. What shall I do to stop period. Kindly given advice.
Sir I am 31 yr old male and my wife is of 22 Year . We married on 23 may 2012. My wife have pcod on that time. Still she is fine. My report and my wife reports nothing to complecated but still my wife has not concieve everything is normal. Please give advice to me have any position wrong? or what a problem we dont know. Please revert back to me.
My wife has delivered baby in August. Her last period was on 8th November. Since then she is not having period. What may be the reason. We have intercourse few time but with safety.
My wife is feeling pain in her Vagina because of sex for one week. How to prevent with this. She's has already taken the medicine for that.
An often painful condition usually involving the bowel, ovaries or the tissue lining the pelvis, endometriosis is characterized by the abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue beyond the premises of your uterus or your pelvic region. The endometrium, in fact, functions perfectly normal with each menstrual cycle, but because of it being displaced, it cannot exit the body and consequently gets trapped.
Besides causing severe pain and distress, endometriosis can also adversely affect fertility. When the ovaries get involved, certain cysts known as endometriomas tend to develop which often result in the formation of scar tissues and adhesions.
Complications associated with it
- Infertility: Impaired fertility is the most common kind of complication arising from endometriosis, with approximately one-third to one-half women having problems with pregnancy. During endometriosis, the fallopian tube gets obstructed, thereby restricting the union of the egg and sperm.
- Ovarian cancer: Women with endometriosis are more likely to suffer from ovarian cancer. Moreover, they are also more susceptible to acquiring endometriosis related adenocarcinoma, which is another variant of cancer, but a comparatively rarer phenomenon.
How best to treat it?
Depending upon how severe your symptoms are, endometriosis can be treated via the use of medications or through the advent of surgery.
- Pain medications: Certain medications, including pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, are particularly useful in providing relief to painful menstrual cramps.
- Hormone therapy: Undergoing hormonal therapy can help ward off or reduce the pain of endometriosis, but it should be kept in mind that it is only a temporary fix and that symptoms might reoccur. Hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: This can either be done through laparoscopy or, in more extensive cases, through traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques: These include in-vitro fertilization, and are sometimes more preferable over conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is usually done in more severe cases of endometriosis whereby ovaries are also removed with uterus and cervix