Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SujathaYour feedback matters!
I hav hole in my tooth very little. Its hurting lot since 5 days specially at bed tym there is continue pain n m unable to sleep. M also 1 mnth pregnant. please tell me wat to do.
I am of age 32 years and my teeth's became yellowish and stain marks. So planning to do teeth cleaning and whitening. Please suggest.
I have yellow stains on the front of my teeth. More are there in the backside of the teeth. I would like to know how to remove teeth stains naturally from home.
Kuch dino se jib aa gayi hai Gfolvin medicine liya lakin fayda nahi huwa. Please suggest me medicine. Thanx.
I am 30 years old male working in abroad country my problem is when I do brush in bathroom at morning time vomit comes and sometime I feel vomit in daily basis and spitting around on my work site before Enter the office I take toffee then enter and some time water come in my tong like test of vomit then I can not bear and result vomit I do control by toffee but how many time pls advise me what should I do.
What is jaw reconstructive surgery, does it imclude removing a part of jawbone and replacing with implants like titanium, does it help to reduse curvy jawline?
I have sharp pain in my front 2 teeth and one of that teeth is milk teeth and behind that milk teeth one more teeth is present what I do to stop this pain or will my teeth come in sequence of other teeth after break of this milk teeth and how?
I got some red color spots on my tongue. Very painful and burning. I am unable to talk and eat. I think the reason for that is bubble gum. That is not suited for me. Please give me good medicines.
Hi sir this is sunny I have some gum pain problem after filling my teeth since 1 year before. I have already consult with dentist .and she suggest to use enzoflam tab for me. Also she said that your teeth is good no need to do route canal treatment also she said that if you feel more pain than she will do route canal treatment. So that I just wants to know can it is safe for teeth problem. please suggest right information. Regardssunny.
I 29 year old, and I am suffering from gum disease which causes lots of pain and swellings of gum very frequently, for I am unable to eat. Please suggest some permanent solution I can follow.
Hello Doctor my self rajesh I am 35 year old man I have cavity and yellow teeth problem last 2 month and sensitivity problem what should I do please tell me.
Hi, I am having cavities in one of my teeth. Its been 4 years since I have my capping done last tym, but any how it is not working or might be removed and today I had suffered from extreme pain please suggest me what should be done on this and what should have happen to my old capping ,is their any possibility that capping might have gone in my stomach after dissolving aur may effect my health.
Hi Lybrate team. I am a 26 years old man. I am suffering from bad breath problem. When I woke up at the morning, my mouth breaths so bad smell. I brush at morning and at night before sleep. Then why this happens.
Sir, my left side of the face (i.e. My left eye ,left cheek, and left side upper teeth) is paining so much that I'm not able to sleep. What is the reason why it is paining.
Hi. I had started having root canal treatment around one month ago. But it still pains. After having so much sittings. And when the doctor does the final filling. It again start paining. Please suggest what could be the cause as this pain is very intense. Please help.
Teeth are remarkably strong, but they can chip, crack (fracture) or break. This can happen in several ways:
- Biting down on something hard
- Being hit in the face or mouth
- Having cavities that weaken the tooth
- Having large, old amalgam fillings that don't support the remaining enamel of the tooth
When a tooth chips or breaks, it may not hurt. However, your tongue usually feels the sharp area quite quickly. Minor tooth fractures usually don't cause pain, but if a large piece of the tooth breaks off, it can hurt. The nerve inside the tooth may be damaged. Extreme discomfort also can happen when nerve endings in the dentin are exposed to air, or to hot or cold foods or drinks.
Some of the types of cracked teeth, in increasing order of severity of the crack are listed below.
- Craze lines: These thin, shallow lines are limited to the outer layer of enamel and are very common in adults. They are not painful and only cause a mild esthetic concern.
- Fractured cusp: The tip of the front teeth or the cusp of the molars could be broken. In both cases, if only the enamel is chipped off, then there is no pain. However, if it extends into the dentin, it can cause sensitivity.
- Cracked tooth: The line of breakage is along the tooth, vertically extending towards the root, but the tooth is not split. This can be quite painful and requires immediate attention. Early intervention is helpful in preventing tooth loss.
- Split tooth: If the damage is even greater, then the crack continues through the length of the tooth and splits the tooth into two. This cannot be saved and in most cases will require extraction.
- Vertical root fracture: A blow to the lower line of the lower jaw can cause an injury like this. The crack begins in the root of the tooth and extends toward the crown. This leads to infection of the surrounding gums and teeth which is when they are usually detected.
The following are common methods to treat cracked teeth.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a procedure, wherein, a tooth-colored composite material is applied to a tooth, sculpted into shape, hardened, and polished. It is called bonding because the material bonds to the tooth. An adhesive material resembling the tooth is permanently applied to mask and reinforce the crack lines making the tooth both esthetic and strong at the same. In newer treatments, there's a newer material that repairs cracks and can even salvage teeth that are even vertically fractured but prognosis depends from case to case. Dental bonding is ideal fixing a broken or chipped tooth or closing small gaps between teeth.
- Veneer: A thin layer of enamel is removed and either porcelain or composite is used to replace this enamel and the lost tooth structure. This can be used in cases of fractured cusps and broken edges of incisors also. Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy. Because they are very thin and are held in place by a special, strong adhesive, very little preparation of the tooth is needed. Some types of veneers don't need any preparation at all.
- Crowns: In some cases, especially molars, if the amount of tooth lost is significant, then a full crown may be needed to restore the tooth structure. For a crown to be placed without root canal, there should be no pain in the tooth.
- Root canal: If the crack is vertical or involves the root portion of the tooth, then it is very likely that the tooth will require root canal treatment. The root needs to be cleared of infection, and if there is significant tooth material lost, then a crown also would be required.
- Extraction: If a tooth has been broken, your dentist will try to fix it with a bonding, veneer, crown or other treatment. Sometimes, though, there's too much damage or has been vertically fractured and cannot be salvaged. In this case, it requires a removal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.