Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujatha Chandrasekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
I am 5 week pregnant. Is White milky virginal discharge common in 6 week of pregnancy with left leg pain?
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu nirman karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: Virachana therapy is defined as the medicated purgation therapy, which cleanses the Pitta and purifies blood, by clearing the toxins from the body. The treatment concentrates on the toxins that are accumulated in the liver and gall bladder. The gastro-intestinal tract is also cleansed by Virachana therapy. This treatment is usually administered for three days, but its duration may vary from case to case.
- Uttarbasti: In this procedure the patient is injected with specially prepared Ayurvedic sterile Oil or Ghrut transvaginally. In case of female infertility, the procedure is done before the period of ovulation i.e. 5, 6, 7th day of menses, in each cycle, for 3 to 6 consecutive cycles. In this procedure, a sterile Ayurvedic oil or Ghrut is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina under all aseptic precautions. No any type of anesthesia is required for this procedure. This is completely painless treatment. It is useful in infertility, spontaneous abortions, recurrent abortions, fibroids, tubal blockages, DUB, etc. Uttar basti per urethra is useful in benign prostate enlargement (BPH), urinary incontinence, urethral stricture, recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI), bladder atony, dribbling maturation, cystitis, male infertility, low sperm count, impotence, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 26 weeks pregnant. My weight has not increased since last 25 days. Is there any problem? My baby's weight was 470 +- 50 at 22 weeks ultrasound. Is baby's weight normal.
Hi I am a 33 year old I am diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and since then I am facing a strange issue with my vagina. There is thick layer of something tht stays on my vagina and as n. When I clean it it starts to itch very bad n then leaves my vagina super dry. I dont why it is happening but it is extremly uncomfortable pls suggest.
I am trying for pregnancy. Undergone treatment and take a medication for 5 days (fertomid 50 mg) from 3rd day of cycle. Now I am completed follicular monitoring on my 9th and 12th day of my cycle but it shows endometrium thickness 4 mm and advice to repeat it on 17th day of cycle. Is there any abnormality in my results.
My period is one week late. I am not pregnant. I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. I feel a little pain in my stomach, pimples, a little pain around breasts, bloating. What should I do? Is there something to worry?
Children may run around having fun and growing in the process. Some children may be more active than the others and some may be more attentive at school. All children go through some sort of trouble while growing up. This is because of the drastic changes that the bodies of little children constantly go through. One such problem commonly faced by the children is bedwetting. This problem may be a common one, but it should be brought under control as soon as possible so that the children do not have to face social embarrassment as they grow older. Learn more to improve child's immunity system.
Apart from providing a healthy and happy living to the children, it may be essential to find a way of treatment that may not leave the child affected by the harmful ingredients of the regular allopathic medication. One of the safest and the most effective ways to be able to treat bedwetting is homeopathy. Homeopathy is a branch of medicine and treatment that works on the body of the user with the most natural ways. The medicines in homeopathy are made using basic ingredients from plants and other organic materials.
Homeopathy for children:
The use of homeopathy for problems that affect the children in particular is essential because of the fact that they have growing systems and the growth may get adversely affect with the strong and highly potent allopathic drugs. It is also important to understand the nuances of controlling the bedwetting issue in children and also know what the causes of the problem may be:
- When the children are highly fatigued, they may wet the bed due to the deep sleep that they may be experiencing after a tiring time.
- In times of winter when the cold is uncontrollable or much more than usual, it may be natural for some children to not be able to control their bladder.
- In a lot of cases, the children may also wet the bed when they have had a scary or traumatic experience.
Just as the causes of the problem are varied, it must be realized that the medications are also supposed to be administered according to the issue.
Homepathic medication for betwetting
Homeopathy is a stream of medicine that treats the body in the most delicate manner, which is why it is a safe alternative for children. However, it must also be ensured that proper medical intervention is attained to start a course of homeopathic medication as well, so that bedwetting may be treated within a desired amount of time and the child may feel free from the embarrassment of wetting the bed. Why homeopathy is best for children?