Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujatha Chandrasekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
Hi I am pregnant just got confirmed n am also having stomach pain often I have consultant a doctor n took scan where they said thickened endometrium so its pregnancy and they also said that I have cyst in my left ovarian complex and polycystic changes in right ovary in these cases is it safe to be pregnant or I can abort n first take treatment.
My wife got pregnancy of 13 weeks and she is using tablet strone -100, when I researched about strone on Internet it shows that strone is used for birth control pills and hormonal replacement therapy, Will this tablet affects as birth control pill? Thank you.
What are the steps to follow during eighth month pregnancy to get the normal delivery and healthy baby.
My mother is 53 years old women. And still not attained menopause. Also suffers from migraine. Is it normal? as it pains a lot. To do any sort of tests we neither have time nor money. Please help.
My last period cycle was on 16th Feb 2016. Currently it got extended till today. Checked with pregnancy strip. It shows a positive result. When will be the idle time to check up further.
I haven't got my periods for the past 3 months. I know I have PCOD. What should I do to get my periods.
Alum is the best take care of tighten the vagina? If any kind of risk plss tell. If this product is not good plss also tell.
A person might be referred to visit a speech therapist or more precisely, a speech language pathologist for a variety of disorders. A speech language therapist can help people having problems related to speech, hearing and swallowing.
If we have to talk more on specific terms, a SLP can help in assessing the problem and treat problems related to:
- Speech: People who face difficulty in forming proper sentences and uttering those sentences in distinct manner.
- Fluency: Ones who tend to stutter and talk in a haphazard manner.
- Language: Who lack the ability and also to comprehend both spoken and written language.
- Voice: Help treat people, who are facing problems with their voice.
- Auditory Habilitation and Auditory Rehabilitation: A speech language therapist would undertake certain recovery techniques related to speech, hearing as well as language disorders.
Now we will take a look at some of the therapies which a SLP would utilize to treat some of the more common speech-language disorders.
- Speech Therapy for Late Talkers: An infant or a toddler should talk after attaining a certain age. If that doesn’t happen, he might be referred to a speech therapist. The therapist would try out different things, like encouraging a child to talk, play certain games with him. At times, he might take away a favourite toy them, till the they ask for it, can motivate small children to speak up.
- Speech Therapy for Kids Having Apraxia: Children who suffer from apraxia face difficulty in saying certain syllables or in making certain sounds. A child would know exactly what she or she wants to say but somehow, they fail to express it correctly. Speech therapists would evaluate children having this problem through several tests, which include:
- Oral-Motor Assessment: This would let a therapist check out weakness of the muscles in the jaw, lips or tongue.
- Melody of Speech Assessment: During this, the therapist would listen to see if they can precisely target syllables and use certain pitch and pauses in between at appropriate places in sentences.
- Speech Sound Assessment: This helps a therapist to further determine how well a child is able to pronounce certain sounds, including vowels, consonants and combinations of sound. It would also include determining how well other people are able to comprehend a child’s conversational speech.
- Speech Therapy for Stuttering: Stuttering is a kind of behavioural problem. Speech therapists would look to teach children, who face this problem, behavioural modification techniques, which in turn would help tackle their problem. A common approach is to control the rate of a child’s speech, as speaking too quickly can make the situation worse. Practising speech at a slower and in a more fluent manner can be extremely helpful.
- Speech Therapy for Aphasia: Aphasia is a condition which causes difficulty in speaking due to some kind of damage to the brain. Some of the speech therapies to help a person get rid of the problem are:
- Drills, which ensure improvement in specific skills related to language.
- Group therapy to bring improvements in conversational skills.
- Gestures and writing to augment their communication skills.