Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old i got married on 6 dec 2014 before marriage i have irregular period and after marrige i dont get period for 2 month and now on 20march i get my period and now i want to concive can is this create problem for me for conceive?
Hi I am new married man, my que is jab humara sex ho jata h toh wife ke main parts se sperm returns niche tapak kar gir jata h isse kya woh pregnant hogi? And jb woh pregnant hojaye toh kitne month tak hum sex karein? Plzz doctor suggest in details.
I am 22 old and have 1 year kid as well. After delivery period is not coming like before always it is taking 40 days to 50 days time. Last time I had period on 27th sept and after that feom last 10 days I am feeling period pain but period is not coming. Please let me know what I can do. I tested pregnancy test aslo its showing negative.
I think I'm pregnant but I have already took all types of precaution. Can you please help. I have check with preganews it's telling me negative but still not sure.
I had my period on 30/6/16 and again on 15/7/16 its first time I fot my period in 15 day, normally it was on 30thbof every month. Now we are planning for a baby pls advise when to have sex, you are also requested to advise that should I stop having sex after ovulation periods till next period? Also advise can I have papaya in this period while convincing.
Is it possible to make sexual intercourse with my pregnant wife. She is pregnant from 5 months. Please suggest me.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Me and my friend had unprotected sex on 10 July after 1 dae of her periods, I cummed inside her mouth, she is very worried, any chance of pregnancy?
Some people have potato toxicity misidentified as “I B S” ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome), as they both have common manifestations of the effects on the gut. Some cases of potato toxicity have even been diagnosed as Crohn’s disease.
Maintaining proper vaginal hygiene is imperative to ward off any sort of STDor STI, even before any sort of irritation, infection or disease occurs. The normal vaginal pH balance helps cater to the growth of useful bacteria. Some useful tips to maintain proper vaginal hygiene can be:
Douching (spraying a mixture of water, baking soda, vinegar or iodine on the vaginal area) is strictly discouraged. It can interfere with the normal pH levels of the vagina and can make the area extremely acidic, which sets the stage for the growth of bacterial infections.
A balanced, healthy, nutritious diet is recommended for a healthy vagina as well as for good reproductive health. Certain fluids such as cranberry juice can help prevent the onset of any yeast infection.
Safe sex should be practised in order to keep harmful bacteria away. Using a condom during a sexual intercourse helps prevent the occurrence of any sort of STI or STD.
Gynaecological check-ups should be done every four months or so to be on the safe side regarding any doubts about unhealthy vagina. Prevention is always better than cure in the long run.
Petroleum jelly should not be used for lubrication during sexual intercourse as such fluids tend to damage the latex in the condom and may even lead to a possible infection.
Clothes should be chosen carefully to keep the vaginal area clean and dry. Cotton underwear is generally the best option in this regard as it can help prevent any bacterial infection by keeping the area clean and dry.
Certain simple sanitary habits such as changing of tampons or sanitary pads every four hour during one’s periods, proper washing of the genital area after relieving the bowels, can go a long way in nurturing the health of the vagina.
Opt for gentle skin care products to wash the vaginal area as that area is extremely sensitive. Avoid scrubbing the vaginal area as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Lost a lot of weight around 19-21 kgs. Post weight loss thighs have become saggy & breasts deflated. Gained 5 kgs back in last 3 months again to help with excess skin. I need to fix this without surgery. Am 23 years old. Will weight training and gaining weight cure this? I am healthy. Weight gain can reverse this problem? Please help. I can not go forward for marriage because of this problem. Please provide some help. Thankyou.
Hi, actually my wife had period last night. But it was not the same type that she had before. Actually it was lot of bleeding and pain in abdomen. Her period was delayed for one week. Actually I want to know what is the reason of that much bleeding and bleeding. I am worried about that. It is very difficult to get Doctor on Sunday. Could you please tell the reason.
I masturbate a lot, almost everyday, sometimes more than once a day, the guilt of doing so is making me weak both physically and mentally. How should i stop doing it?
Am thirty years old. Got married 2 years ago. Facing pcod. And infertility. So that I need a treatment. I want to know that can I get pregnant? And how much time it takes. Pls let know.
Hello doctor I am 21 years old .I had a safe sex regularly. But my periods are missed out from 11 days. Yesterday night during sex the condom was misused. Today mrng I took pregnancy test n the result were negative. I don't want to b pregnant .what remedies do I take to avoid pregnancy. please help Hence I request you to Suggest a best remedies. For my sexual life.
I am 2 weeks pregnant but I couldn't feel any change in myself except over sleepy n feeling like I wll feel down. Is of normal. I dnt feel any craving towards food.
I want to know 14 is her period date after how many days we can sex for no pregnancy and tension free sex we enjoy.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!