Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 26 year old suffering from pcos. My periods are irregular. Its being one year i'm taking medicine to get my periods. I am scared tha.
Hi I have black bumps on labia 15 approx. It does not pain or itch. Is it something to worry? I had asked my gyn she told. Nothing to worry of it does not bother. I am 30 year old and have a kid of 22 months.
Consuming Grapes combined with a diet rich in saturated fats can lower obesity risk as well as improve gut bacteria a Study has found.
It may also help counter the negative effects of a high-fat diet including heart disease hypertension and diabetes.the findings showed that the unique and diverse composition of Antioxidants called polyphenols can help reduce the percentage of body fat subcutaneous and visceral fat deposits markets of inflammation in the liver and improve glucose tolerance.
I am 24 yrs. I have some rituals in my home from 23rd nov to 29th nov. But my last months periods date was 21st of oct. And as expectedin this month it will happen between 23rd to 25th of nov. Please suggest me any medicine so that I can preponed my menses.
I had my period on 17 January and it ended on 20 January. I had an unprotected sex on 21 of January. So is there any chance to get pregnant. On which date I should do the pregnancy test?
I m 19 year old. I have some problems in serious. I have back pain in period. And also body pain what can I do. And my period gape is 40 day. So what can I do for clove that kind of problems.
Influenza or flu is a contagious respiratory infection that affects the lungs, throat, nose and occasionally, the ears. It usually does not require treatment but Paracetamol can provide relief from most of the symptoms. Rarely, influenza can lead to severe complications like pneumonia, sinus problems and asthma. Annual vaccinations can prevent these complications even if you do get a mild flu.
The influenza virus is air borne and can be spread through coughing, sneezing, skin to skin contact, or indirect contact like touching a contaminated object. Type A, Type B and Type C influenza viruses affect the respiratory organs.
People with weak immune systems are infected more easily than others- children under the age of 4, people above the age of 60 pregnant women, obese people and those who are suffering from kidney disorders and diabetes are at greater risk of infection. Air pollution also aggravates the problem.
There is also little chance that your body has the necessary antibodies to fight the virus if you have been infected before. This is because the influenza virus modifies constantly and new strains of the virus appear rapidly. So, the antibodies that work against one particular variant do not work effectively against the others. This is why vaccination is also not a foolproof preventive technique against this disease.
The symptoms of influenza begin to show within a few days after infection. In a few cases, the infection may be asymptomatic. When they do show, the symptoms are very common- high fever, shivering, a blocked and runny nose, frequent coughing and sneezing and chest congestion are the predominant signs. In the later stages, there are headaches, body aches, general fatigue, reddened and watering eyes, throat pains and difficulty in speaking.
In the cases where the patient is a child, there are a few other symptoms like digestive and gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. The last two are especially common in children who have been infected by influenza virus Type B.
Aged people often have low resistance to the virus. This is why the flu quickly escalates and the complications like primary viral pneumonia or secondary bacterial pneumonia. In such cases, there are sever symptoms like breathing problems, the presence of blood in the sputum, red and itchy skin and petechial rashes (caused by minor punctures in the capillary blood vessels). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex 5 to six times at interval with a married woman. I am unmarried. She is not suffering from hiv aids. Can I be infected from AIDS after having sex with her?
I did sex with my gf on 16th and her periods suppose to come on 22. But till now periods did not came. Do she have any chance to get pregnant. Pls advise.
My weight is normal but my abdomen is more increase after delivery my weight is 65 KGS my height is 5.5 ft, please sir suggest me.
I had intercourse on 5, n had ipill within 24 hours n check the pref test came out to be negative after one day n my date of starting with menstruation cycle was 7 n now its 10th I haven't got it yet so why is it getting delayed?
Hi mam, I I've 20 days baby. My breast milk is not enough to my baby. My milk was in soo less quantity. So that how to increase my breast milk supply. please kindly give suggestions through medicine or good diet. I am suffering a lot for this problem bcz he is 20 days baby. please mam.
Hi What to do in starting days of pregnancy? When a women feel not well & when shes suffering from vomits?
I had sex with my boyfriend dt 02.02. 16 and had taken I pill on 04 /02/16 2.00 afternoon before 54 hours so please reply whether it will stop my pregnancy.
Using condom and having sex will lead to any problem? My wife is getting feared of using condom and having sex.
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments.
My wife, 57 feels unbearable pain in vagina during insertion and that's why she has lost interest. Always dry too. What is the cause and treatment.
1. Our common spice clove contains one of the highest levels of Oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) per 100 gram: >300, 000.
2. Much neglected grain jowar (sorghum), its bran has 240, 000 and grain has 21, 900
3. Spice: cinnamon 131, 420
4. Spice: turmeric 127, 068
5. Spice: ginger 39, 041
6. Spice: chili 23, 636 powder
7. Spice: garlic 6, 665 powder
8. Spice: onion 4, 289 powder
9. Chatni leaves: coriander 5, 141
10. Nut: almond 4, 454
11. Fruits: pomegranates raw 4, 479
12. Strawberries, raw 4, 302
13. Apples, red delicious, raw with skin 4, 275