Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha Chandra Sekaran SYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am suffering with varicose veins in my left leg below the knee and cannot do standing for more than one hour. I am Associate Professor in Chemistry and my teaching is being effected as it is becoming tough for me to deliver continuously by standing for 45 minutes. I had already gone through sclerotherapy but the problem has multiplied after that. Pl do suggest something more remedial.
Its been 2 months and I can feel my legs and arms trembling or shaking like if I am sitting on bed lean on one side with support of my hand ,i can feel it shaking and it happens sometimes and same goes with my legs too. I consulted Doc, he told me this is normal and happens due to stress in kids of your age. I am 21 years old ,kishan. Is this really normal or which doc should I consult too?
My daughter is suffering from cough and cold since 7-8 days. She coughing after sometimes but troubles seems to me when she is in cough, it is long like a assault man. If I am regularly serving her leaves of tulsi with honey. Am I right or wrong? or what is doctors solution? 2. She is very igoist. She also behaved mady type. What is solvation?
M 19 years old and during having sex after oral sex only my dick ejaculates first tym please help me so that it could last longer. Is it bad or say is it premature ejaculation. Plzzz help asap.
What are the symptoms of diabetics? Anything to avoid diabetics before it appears? Also any tips increase height naturally.
I have epilepsy problem for last 13 years I have done ct scan nd mri but reports r normal so what I do.
Throat infection rehta hai regular white cough ata halki khansi ke sath sinus problem hai stomach problem bahut jyada rehti hai.
Hi 20 years old female having problem in intercourse when my partner tries to insert I cannot handle the pain.
From 15 day I am suffering from eye pain and itching eye and headache and I went to doctor he gave me eye drop but there is no relief.
I am 25 yrs old for last 1 year I am suffering from nasal congestion and cold, headache, drowsiness. I have taken several medication but of no effect please help me out.
It is lost in traditional Indian cooking.
Folic acid is essential for DNA repair, cell division and normal cellular growth.
Profound deficiency of folic acid during pregnancy is associated with neural tube defects, such as spina bifida in neonates.
Deficiency in adults has been associated with megaloblastic anemia and peripheral neuropathy.
In both men and women, low serum folate levels can increase homocysteine levels, which are correlated with elevated cardiovascular risk.
Low folic acid levels during pregnancy in women with epilepsy have been associated with fetal malformation, and older enzyme–inducing anti-epileptic drugs are known to reduce serum folate levels.
The risk of having a pregnancy complicated by a major congenital malformation (e.g., neural tube defect) is doubled in epileptic women taking anti epileptic drugs compared with those women with a history of epilepsy not taking these agents.
Risk is tripled with anti–epileptic drugs polypharmacy, especially when valproic acid is included.
Consensus statements recommend 0.4–0.8 mg of folic acid per day in all women planning a pregnancy. Ideally, this should be started at least 1 month prior to pregnancy if possible.
The guidelines recommend higher daily folic acid doses (4 mg/day) in women with a history of neural tube defects.
In addition, enzyme–inducing anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin, carbamazepine, primidone and phenobarbital, are known to decrease folate levels, and valproic acid may interfere with folate metabolism.
Other AEDs, such as oxcarbazepine, lamotrigine and zonisamide, do not appear to alter folate levels.
Because many pregnancies are unplanned, it is recommended that folic acid supplementation be given routinely to all women of childbearing potential at 0.4 mg/day.
I am 30 year old ofter 6 month my marriage but my problem is pens is small size my ointment Tubes and medics using me not improve so I have requested please solve my problems thanks.
Hello Sir I am 21 year old female. My legs are paining too much in night time. I am unable to sleep due to severe pain. This is happening daily. I woke up every 15 min due to this. Please can you help me. With thia situation?
Used 1 pill sildenafil comegra 50 for maintaining penis erection but did not maintain erection. Is one pill sufficient or should take 2 pills. Please suggest if any other drug for maintaining penis erection for long time.
My headache pain is not decreasing. I can't able toh get rid out of it. Please give me some suggestions.
Cumin seed is a culinary herb that is local to Asia and is particularly used in India on everyday basis. Cumin seeds are otherwise called jeera, caraway and kummel. It is a product of the cumin herb, however, it transforms into a seed only once it has dried. Cumin is an esteemed spice as it has numerous health advantages, usually for digestive conditions like colic, dyspepsia and flatulence. Nevertheless, consuming cumin seeds can have numerous side effects as well; so consult your specialist before you use it for medicinal purposes, as it can cause certain side effects as well, such:
- Acidity or heartburn: Cumin seeds are known for their gas easing properties, yet it can bring about one of the most widely recognized digestive issue that is heartburn. It tends to facilitate the escape of more gas into your gastrointestinal tract.
- Liver damage: Oil present in the cumin seeds is very unstable and can bring about liver and kidney damage, in case one consumes cumin seed in huge quantities for a long stretch of time. Cumin oil is used for animals to prevent or reduce muscle fits and spasms.
- Burping: The carminative impact of cumin seed may bring about excessive burping. Also, burping is sometimes referred as a ructus or belching, which includes too much bloating. Gas from the intestinal tract and stomach is released through the mouth. At times, burping has an awful smell and a trademark sound.
- Abortifacient effects: Cumin seeds may also affect pregnant ladies. Consuming a lot of cumin seeds can prompt an unnatural birth cycle or instigate untimely or premature labor.
- Low blood sugar level: Consuming cumin seeds in large quantities can bring down the glucose level in the body. One must remember this in case you are setting out toward a surgery in the near future. During surgery, it is crucial to keep up the glucose level.
- Narcotic effects: Cumin seed has opiate properties. They need to be consumed with precaution, as they can be addictive. Opposite reactions of cumin seed are mental blurring, sleepiness and nausea.
- Heavy menstrual cycle: Cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle. In the event of cumin seeds being consumed in large amounts, you may experience heavier periods.
- Causes allergy: Utilization of cumin seeds can bring about skin rashes and sensitivity. So individuals with skin sensitivity need to consume less cumin seeds to improve the condition.
- Not good for diabetics: Diabetic patients need to control their glucose level. They must maintain regular glucose levels to stay sound. Fluctuating glucose levels are a strict no for most diabetics. As mentioned recently, cumin seeds may diminish your glucose level rapidly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.