Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SugumarYour feedback matters!
Right hand middle finger gets locked at the second knuckle nearer the palm. No swelling, no pain except at the base when pressed. Arthritis? Am 64 years old active woman.
Iam 65 yrs Male with pain and inflammation of both ankles (medial side) since 2yrs, in additional I had antral gastritis.(No h\o HTN, DM, COPD. My urine \blood test had revealed no abnormalities, so what may be the probable diagnosis?
I am 40 years old I have pain in my knee for 15 days I consulted one ortho doctor he advised me to check serum uric acid I checked but 9.1 is the result please advise me sir.
I have back pain for the last six months now it's get severe with leg and flank pain, a fraction of seconds I am feeling like unconscious please provide the remedy.
I am 26 years old, from past 20 days I have neck pain on left side .the pain intensity reduces but if I make some hard movement of my neck due to any work again pain intensity increases. I do not understand why the pain is not going away. Which doctor should I consult?
I am suffering from muscle pain, that when I try to stretch my arm or leg I feel pain for at least half an hour. Pain is vey high. What is the solution.
I am 40 years old and getting severe leg pains in the morning. Suggest for good treatment without side effects.
HI, I am 24 years old. Height - 5 feet 4 inches and Weight 84 kgs Need help to loose weight, I have become very moody and have bad backache as well.
I have itching all over but mostly in neck side plus burning sensation in neck, it became very roughly it is serious problem or not from 7 to 8 months l having is problem even underarms.
My mother is having pain and swelling in their knees for a long time. Everyday she takes pain killers for relief. It works for a while but then it all start again Please tell me what is the cure of this disease.
I am 38 years female, suffering from left ventricular blockage, and hypo thyroidism, and suffering left leg swelling and pain in leg and I can'ot sit on floor.
Hath pero me dard type lagta h man nahi lagta fir sust ho jata hu hath pero ki pasliya bhi garam ho jati h roj kabhi kabhi acha ho jata h aisa roj chal rha h.
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in. However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you.
Here are some tips, which help you in preventing Arthritis:
- Take Omega-3 fatty acids: Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
- Take Vitamins and olive oil: Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
- Eat ginger and broccoli: Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.
- Avoid injury: Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
- Control your weight: This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at John Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
- Exercise: Strengthening your muscles around your joint decreases the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.