Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SuganyaYour feedback matters!
-ignorance is biggest culprit for dental diseases.
Visit your dentist twice in a year.
-brush your teeth twice a day.
-rinse your mouth twice after every meal/drink.
-take advice twice before going to extensive treatment.
What could be the best recovery method? I just had an major road accident. I had stitches on forehead, near eyebrow and on cheek. And I have lost my 4 teeth. So can you suggest what should I do to recover fast?
Tooth sensitivity can be best described with the symptom of a sharp pain that you feel in your teeth when you sip something hot or cold. It is this contact of the drink with the sensitive tooth that causes the sharp pain. Extremely cold climate and eating something which is sweet or sour can cause the sensitive teeth to cause such a sensation, thus making it uncomfortable for you to eat anything.
The most common causes of sensitive teeth are as follows:
1. Tooth decay near the gum line can cause the teeth to be sensitive
2. Consumption of highly acidic foods and beverages
3. Using a hard tooth brush and aggressive brushing can lead to erosion of tooth enamel and cause tooth sensitivity
4. Plague buildup and gum diseases cause tooth sensitivity which may require you to consult your dentist immediately
However, there are many precautions that dentists recommend which can prevent your tooth from becoming sensitive. These are:
1. Gently brush your teeth and use a tooth brush that has soft bristles. This can prevent any damage to the enamel.
2. Apply proper technique to clean all parts of your mouth and teeth. You should also rinse your mouth properly with antiseptic mouthwash and fluoride.
3. You should eat a well-balanced diet which is low in acidic content. Soft drinks and cold drinks should be avoided as they can damage the enamel on your teeth.
4. Using desensitizing toothpaste can help reduce the pain associated with sensitivity.
Hyper sensitive tooth needs proper treatment and you should immediately consult your dentist. There are many dental procedures ranging from simple to complex ones, aimed towards controlling pain and sensitivity. Root canal and application of fluoride to the sensitive areas of your teeth can help reduce pain. Root canal is a treatment at the tooth’s soft core and is considered the most successful treatment to eliminate the pain associated with infected tooth without the need to remove it.
I am 25 years old. And I have problem of my teeth. My teeth smells a lot I do brush 2 time In a day. But still I smells bad. Help me.
I am 20 years and had braces for my upper teeth. At present I am using a temporary clip. But after removing it my teeth r going back to there original position i.e they r coming up. How can you help me with the problem?
My mouth get stick it smell badly I drink water but then also this problem come my throat get block when I eat food give solution to remain healthy and feel healthy.
Sir I have teeth problem. My teeth have black inside face. I clean it some days before but again have same problem start.
Hi, I am suffering from bad breathing. Earlier I was using colgate but when bad breathing started I shifted to patanjali product 'Dantkanti' but still no progress is seen . Kindly get me out from this embarrassment.
How can I whiten my teeth at home? It looks yellow and I'm not comfortable with my smile. What can I do?
I am 22 years old a frequent smoker. Usually 1to2 cigarettes per day. When last smoked after one hour blood blister formed on my left inner cheek with a small bubble of white (may be pus) help me.
I am a boy and im getting so many pain in my last both side of teeth if I take any hard dishes than I get hurt what I should do?
I have teeth problem my teeth pains on taking any cold substance ps help very serious conditions here will be very thankful to you.
Since some day I am observing some blood in my spit, whenever I use to sleep at late nights, or sometimes in early mrngs, before brushing d teeth, I experienced dis prblm. For a fraction of moment, my mouth becomes smelly as blood, after spitting 3-4 times, it becomes normal. I am tensed about dis prblm. I dnt understand whether this is tooth problem or anything else, please suggest me.
My lips are big and teeth are little bit front. I went to doctor and took treatment. He removed 4 teeth (upper 2 nd lower 2) and kept clip. I used that for nearly 7 months after that he removed that clip and gave removable clip which I did not use that properly. I had shown the result better than before but not fully satisfied because I had gaps between the teeth this all happened nearly 1year ago. Now what to do to cover that gaps because after teeth getting perfect and I want to do surgery to make lips smaller. Please help me out doctor.
I discontinued my braces treatment at end of 2015 and now again I started to continue my treatment but dentist said that your old doctor treated your teeth very badly &they get very sensitive and weak. She treating me very slowly becozz my teeth is very weak. Is there any solution to get back my teeth as early as possible? Give me a solution (food) for my good teeth.
Hi, Seems like My wisdom teeth is not growing as it should be. It has already been taken approx 3 months. Please advice. Thanks, Jogendra.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.