Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suganthi.S
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suganthi.SYour feedback matters!
Why does it hurt during sex?
Painful intercourse can occur for a number of reasons – ranging from structural problems to psychological concerns. Women experience painful intercourse atleast once in their entire lifetime. The medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia. It is a persistent or recurrent genital pain that occurs just before, during or after intercourse. Physical causes of painful intercourse differ, depending on whether the pain occurs at entry or with deep thrusting. Also, certain emotional factors can also be probable causes of painful sex.
Pain during penetration may be associated with a range of factors:
1. Insufficient lubrication
Insufficient lubrication is caused by a drop in estrogen levels after menopause, after child birth or during breast feeding. Certain medications inhibit desire or arousal, decreasing lubrication and making sex painful. These include antidepressants, high blood pressure medications, sedatives and certain birth control pills.
2. Injury, trauma or irritation
This can be injury from an accident, pelvic surgery, female circumcision or cut made during childbirth.
3. Infection or skin disorder
Infection in the genital area or urinary tract can cause painful intercourse. Eczema or other skin problems in the genital area can also cause problem.
1. Certain illness and condition
These include endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine prolapse, retroverted uterus, cystitis, hemorrhoids and ovarian cysts.
2. Surgeries or medical treatment
Scarring from pelvic surgery can sometimes cause painful intercourse. Medical treatments for cancer, like radiation and chemotherapy can cause changes that make sex painful.
1. Psychological problems
Anxiety, depression, concerns about physical appearance, fear of intimacy can contribute to a low level of arousal, resulting in discomfort or pain during sexual activity.
2. Stress and tension
You may have a million things to worry about in a day, but taking that tension to bed with you can lead to painful sex. Your pelvic floor muscle tightens in response to stress in your life. This can contribute to pain during intercourse.
3. History of sexual abuse
If you've had a history of some form of sexual abuse or are scared of sex, pain during intercourse because of your past experience(s) may be a possible cause for an unpleasant sexual experience in the present.
After having sex with her husband she takes contraceptive pill after 12 hours and after she has her periods 3 times last month and suddenly stop her periods not come till Delay of 7 days is it a sign of pregnancy does she is pregnant.
Hi This related to my wife pregnancy problem. We already taken personal consultant with our local doctor about her pregnancy on 02.01. 2016 and found in OVARIES - ovaries both ovaries contain multiple small follicles in the periphery. Impression polycystic ovaries She got married with me on 08.06. 2015 and she will be looking for baby but still now her pregnancy not standing because of this problem we consulted doctor and found above problem. Doctor has been suggested for this tablets for 3 month and tablets name XFERT-MF and Mr. MET 500mg now almost over 2month 10 day ago. But still her pregnancy not standing. But she wants to baby. Please suggest me on this problem Regards Jayavardhan Behalf on my wife.
Small blood clots come from my vagina daily. ● Its not periods. ● a pain occurs during urination cause slight shivering to me. Not exactly the pinching pain its something exited me to hold tight that part and then I feel relief ● a false smell after urine ● NO pain in stomach. (i have recently recovered from abnormal mensuration bleeding. Bleeding lasted for more than 30 days.)
Hi. I have no complete knowledge about sex. I am not completely sure for safe sex (means) I am not want pregnancy now. So please tell me. When we can do sex after periods for not pregnancy without condoms use. Because I am not want a baby from sex now. please give me good suggestion for me and my wife's healthy life.
I use to give a blowjob to my boyfriend and I swallowed semen a month has been passed and I didn't get my periods I want to know did I got pregnant?
Hi sir/mam Hamari Sadi ko 5 saal hogaye he muje ek 4 saal ka ladka hai. Uske janam ke bad Meri biwi ne 3 bar abortion ke liye khane wali dawai Kai thi wo abhi fir se pregnant ho gayi he 7 din huve he abhi filhal hame bacha nahi chahiye to Kya wo dawai ka use kar sakti he?
I hav done my USG internal, it turns out to be multifollicular ovaries and I have not got periods since 3 months. Also I am suffering from hirsutism. What will be the treatment?
It is believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, Papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The number of vitamins (A, B, C, K) in papaya help improve immunity and prevents infections. It also promotes healing of burns and wounds.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber present in Papaya help in cholesterol/plaque accumulation in the arteries. The lipid and triglyceride content can also be reduced with regular consumption of papayas.
- Digestive benefits: The enzyme papain contained in papaya is quite effective in reducing the damage caused by eating junk and oily foods. It helps in breaking down proteins and is, therefore, useful as a home remedy for indigestion. It is also rich in fiber and helps relieve constipation.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content in papaya combined with the low calories (a medium-sized fruit contains about 110 calories) is a boon to diabetic patients. They can eat to their full content without feeling guilty of the sugar level. Some people also consume the flower (sautéed in oil) to control diabetes.
- Arthritis: The various minerals (potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium) in papaya can help keep a check on arthritis and bone and joint pains in the long run.
- Weight loss/ cleansing/ detox: The various minerals and vitamins along with the rich fiber content ensure you get a good detox of the system. Papaya is one of the widely used fruits in people who want to lose weight.
- Antiaging effects: The antioxidants help in reducing the rate of inflammation and the multiple vitamins help in looking younger by improving skin, hair, and overall immunity level.
- Stress buster: Again, the antioxidants and vitamins (C in particular) is a good way to refresh your energy after a long tiring day.
- Anti-cancer effects: The flavonoids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants help to prevent free radical damage which is the main cause of cancer. They also contain beta-carotene which helps control prostate and colon cancer.
- Eye health: The beta-carotene, vitamin A, and lutein help in improving moisture in the eyes and controlling macular degeneration.
- Hair health: The scalp produces sebum which is rich in vitamin A. Papaya when applied to the scalp gives the same effect as sebum, which keeps the hair shiny, silky, and lustrous. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!