Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SuganayaYour feedback matters!
I gradually loosing my vision. What precautions should I adopted? Give me suggestions? Please refer about food also. What are different causes?
Hi my mom has some high BP and her right eye has got blood clot. When it will be alright she consult to doctor he has given some eye drops when she can be alright.
I have long sight of 3.5 can I get rid of specs by laser treatment. Is laser treatment is good for eyes or I may face any problems in the future by laser treatment please answer me.
I have eye pain when I wakes up late night, eye pain continues till I get long sleep so please advice me for better medicine for it.
I have consulted many doctors regarding my eye pain but not getting the right treatment. I need to stay for more than 12 hours in front of the computer. I was recommended to use GenTeal gel and Refresh Ezee as eyedrop. I use Gunnar computer specs which has by default. 25 power. I have. 5 power. Still I find my eyes paining sometimes from inside. Any solution? Thanks in advance.
Are You a Good Candidate for LASIK?
First and foremost you should dislike the options of spectacles and contact lenses. It then means that you are well motivated.
Your age should be above 18 years and your spectacle power should be stable over past one year. Lasik works well for powers from about -10.0 to +6.0 including cylindrical power.
Certain tests will done to confirm you have suitable corneal curvature (topography), and that you have adequate corneal thickness (pachymetry)
You should have realistic expectations from the procedure this means you should expect significantly reduced dependence on spectacles and not an exact zero power.
If you satisfy above criteria and clear a routine eye examination you should be an ideal candidate for lasik!
I am 30 year old. I have I growing toe nail and unilateral edema of my left leg. I have gone through the surgery of toenail 4 times but every time it grows back. Other issue is I have pterigyium in my right eye. Right now it's not bothering my vision. Suggest best options.
I am suffering from hyper panic disorders from 6 years. I can't live without medicine even 1 day. Almost everyday I face panic attack. My heartbeat racing too fast, shaking body inside, sweating, cold flash during panic attack. Its really too painful. I checked up too many doctors, doctor gave me medicine but after taking 1, 2 month of medicine slowly same problems start. Many times I get side effect. Then I slept almost 24hours, even I can't ate. Now I also get a new big problem when I move my eyes I get a extreme facial shock over whole face and into head. And 3 times I suffered sleeping paralysis at morning time. I have also hyper depression, frustration, I can't go anywhere without medicine and mother. Is this problem can be cured fully for lifetime? I want to live. Please doctor help me. I want to cure fully please.
I am having red itchy eyes all of a sudden, having a feel like some particles has got stuck in my eyes. At night specially itches a lot and in the morning I woke up with sticky watery discharge. What to do? Does it requires any treatment or it'll go gradually? Any tips please.
My eyes are always red When I woke up till 2 hours continue I have specs but it doesn't work out So please give a solution.
My one eye size become a bit small and 1 one is normal please help me what to do that my eye size become normal.
I have been wearing specs since 2007. I see things blurry. And I see something clearly and better when it is very close to me. Is it possible to do an operation as solution instead of having to buy specs regularly. Most opticians I talked to would seem eager to have me to always come to them to give them morw money than they are to open up and tell me if there is another possible permanent solution apart from specs. I am 22 years old now.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.