Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhakar Williams
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhakar WilliamsYour feedback matters!
Suffering from pain above the left hip more towards the center since 3 - 4 days. Was using my left arm to pick 1 kg packets and place somewhere else. Also helped in lifting 35 kg flour sacks 2 - 3 times. I manage to drink around 2 litres of water a day, maybe a little lesser nowadays. Pain is tolerable. What could be the causes and the proper treatment?
I feel soreness in lower back and tail bone area after playing or exercise. I tell little weak. And I have full body muscle twitching. What is this because and what the solution?
My dad age is 56. He have high sugar of 220 after meal. Recently he was suffering from foot pain in between fingers. So doctor gave candid-b and dia foot ointment. After applying fr 1months he recovered from pains. After 1month he slipped on floor. So that same last finger of left leg was affected with light bleeding. Till nw it was in same condition. But I can c hole in that area. Local doctor advised me to apply povidine ointment. But from yesterday his same left leg swelled with red colour, leaving heavy pain. So, what's your opinion please urgent please help doctors.
I am 20 years old, I have back pain, can't sit without any support for more than 10 mins, I also consulted others they said for students its common. Please solve my problem.
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT.