Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. SudhakarYour feedback matters!
My fiancee is having chondromalacia patella with 3/4 cartilage damage. What is the prognosis? and how much chances of limping remain after proper treatment?
Iam suffering from backpain at bedtime only, unable to sleep at bedtime, please give mi your valuable suggestions.
My mother gets excessive pain in elbow and in joints of foot. She gets exhausted. After walking a small distance. Her knee joint pains excessively.
I am suffering from back pain and pain always go down till legs and knees and there is gap in the spinal cord suggest what to do.
Madam, I had gone for physiotherapist she had told that you want to go for rom knee brace he had contract means his leg is jam if we will move his left leg he always shout so that is why I had got rom knee brace I can set in 90 degree so that he will walk after 1 month.
My legs are paining and when I was stretch my body lower leg and foots then my vans are pulled and I was feeling pain.
I am 28 years female suffering from lucorea from past 3 years. Now having severe back pain. I have done test of vit D which is also insufficient un my body. Kindly suggest me some solution except medicine, because after taking medicine it got cured and when I stop medicine this problem again starts. I want some yoga exercises to cure this problem ha.
I am 28 years old. Met with an accident two years ago and hit my knee. diagnosis were done but doctors said all fine. But I still have pain every now and then. What could be the reason?
Hi i am suffering from slip disc l3 & l5. Doc hv suggested for surgery but I don't wan to go for it. Pls suggest me anything beside that please.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
My wife 32 years old she is suffering from leg pain all time all day, all report is ok ,she take many medicine by many doctor but not any benefit so DOCTOR you help me.
Hii, I am 23 year old. I have backbone problem recently 1 years. I have get MRI test report and also get treatment last six month. I have also take rest last 4 month and wear belt. But this have not helpful me. Please suggest me that what I should. If you want to need mri report then I will send you. Please answer me.
Hello doctor. I am 30 years old and suffering from back pain after my cesarian operation. I have been taking calcium tablets and pain killers. How can I get rid of this problem? I am suffering from this problem from past two years.
I am 27 year old, I am female, I am feeling so tired, for last 2 weeks, vomiting sense, but, not vomiting, backbone pain, early morning while waking my stomach is paining, in abdomen. Before 6 months only I got married, my last menses date is may 8, what is the reason, while in day time, my body is getting too much tired.
I have back pain from last one month and is its increasing day by day, what should I do to get rid of it?
1. Support the part and avoid weight bearing
2. Use soft bandage and support
3. Use ice for 30 minutes after 3 hours for first 2 to 3 days
4. Elevate th part
5. Take mild pain killer.