Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am 29 years old female from the last one month I am having an slight internal pain on right side of my vagina which I feel during walking only not otherwise. Please suggest.
Hard facial hair on chin and neck (beard area). Acne is lesser than before but leaving behind open pores. I also suffer from irregular/ late periods cycle.
I am pregnant since 17 day bcoz I tested to prega news and its result was positive but today I see a drop of blood so I am confuse that is this ok or not or I miscarriage? Please reply.
I am a breast feeding mom. I used to take eldoper for diarrhoea before. I heard its harmful for baby. Please suggest an alternative to be used for emergencies ?
My wife is having infertility problem one of her report says suggestive of non secretory endometrium. What does it means?
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
I am 3 months married bride , me n my husband both are very active in our sexual relation. We are almost regular in this . My problem is I am not conceiving after having unprotected sex . In between these 3 months I took 3 pills. please tell me what is the problem ?
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Actually. I am asking behalf of my wife. She is having Period and on her's 4th day, instead of blood some kind of yellow water coming, Kindly Suggest Something.
My question is when my baby was born on that time she is not crying because ovel cord around the neck and after half an hour she crying. so, i guess its normal?
I am having irregular periods since last 10 years. I consulted many doctors and took medications through 6 months course of 21 days also. But did not get any regularity. Whenever I took medicines, I get my periods and when I stop taking it then again in 2-3 months they become irregular. What should I do?
Infertility in a woman refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex. Cases of unexplained infertility have been on the rise recently. Though obstructed fallopian tubes and ovulation disorders are some of the common causes of infertility, reasons pertaining to dietary changes can also be responsible. Food allergies and dietary changes affect infertility to a great extent; and if you're struggling with conception or infertility, heeding to your diet can help.
Below is a list of diet constituents that are likely to cause infertility.
1. Gluten - Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Among the general population, women suffering from unexplained infertility have a higher incidence of gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance is also related to miscarriages, and if left undiagnosed can lead to malabsorption of micronutrients like iron and zinc. Following and maintaining a gluten-free diet may relieve a sufferer from the symptoms. Try and include gluten free cereals like rice, corn and gluten free oats to manage the situation.
2. Inflammation - Another connection of food allergies and infertility would be inflammation. Inflammation occurs when the food allergens reach the stomach. This inflammation, if heightened, can cause damage to the fallopian tubes and the ovary. The body responds to the food allergens by treating it like a foreign substance that needs to be eradicated, and when your immune system is subjected to chronic inflammation, it can lead to infertility.
Additionally, apart from food allergies, even the consumption of certain foods and beverages can be a reason behind infertility, with those being rich in caffeine being a major cause. Increased consumption of caffeine can augment the risk of infertility and delayed conception. However, avoiding caffeine and eliminating problematic foods along with a careful scrutiny of your diet can increase your chances of getting pregnant.