Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha ReddyYour feedback matters!
My age is 27, I am little bit fat. Now I am facing irregular periods. I got married in 2013. We are trying for children. Can you please give solutions to solve my problem.
I am 7 months pregnant and I had been suffering from fever and cough since 3 days but I am ok now little cough was their in my nose when I blew it .away it was red in color I had my checkups yesterday it was normal and baby is also moving .but today in morning my cough was red why this happened with me .it was only one time in morning is it ok it will harm my baby pls tell.
1. Focus on your positive qualities. It’s true that we can all improve in some ways – but start by finding your good qualities – and recognise that these are a major part of who you are.
2. Be aware of, and fight against, your negative self-talk. Negative self talk can quickly snowball and become an angry tirade against yourself – so you become your own worst critic and your own worst enemy. Instead, choose to respect yourself, to love, affirm and believe in yourself.
3. Don’t dwell on things you know you cannot change. We all have imperfections, weaknesses and flaws. They’re really not that crucial, and they’re not that big a deal. Try to keep them in perspective – and change what you CAN change.
4. Make your own decisions – don’t always look to others, and think that they know better … But choose to trust yourself.
6. Always try to do your best – as that’s all that is required. You’re a normal human being who’ll sometimes get it wrong. Get up, forgive youself, then just choose to move on.
Ayurveda, which is an age old medicinal practice and has its own influence on the very important and intimate aspect of one's life that is the sex life of a person. Vajikarna, better known as ‘vishwachikitsa’, is one of the specialities in the field of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and virility leading to good physique and freedom from impotency. The various herbs of Ayurveda help in curing major sexual problems, such as penile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and sexual exhaustion.
Here are a few reasons why Ayurvedic treatments should be preferred over conventional ones:
- The base of Ayurvedic treatments is all natural: The base of Ayurvedic treatments consists of herbs, plants, fruits and all vegetation growing around you. The usage of all natural elements for treatment of sexual diseases is more promising as they do not cause any side-effects as opposed to usage of supplements loaded with chemicals which might throw off the hormonal balance of your body.
- Ayurveda stresses on curing the ‘doshas’: The three ‘doshas’ in the body are ‘kapha’, ‘vata’ and ‘pitta’ and Ayurveda focuses on removing these ‘doshas’ along with curing the diseases. Removing these doshas while curing sex diseases is a major benefit of using Ayurveda because it helps you attain a better orgasm.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs:
- All the medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are devoid of any side effect and help in reversing the side effects of over masturbation by strengthening the nervous system and increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
- Ashwagandha: This herb not only helps in getting rid of the side-effects but also prevents them from resurfacing. As an additional benefit, it helps in increasing the flow of libido, thus, reducing sexual exhaustion.
- Focus on overall well-being: Ayurveda is concerned with the overall physical well-being of the patient across all spheres that is physical, psychological, spiritual and is beneficial to social wellness as well while allopathic treatments rely solely on bio-chemistry and focus on fixing only one sexual problem at a time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My gf means period 15/3/16-20/3/16. I had unprotected sex whit my gf on 29/3/16 and same day she get unwanted 72 tablet. My gf see 16/4/2016-20/4/2016 in this time her some garua colour bleeding. But her means period she did not get. So I want to know what is the problem? She is pregnant? Or any chance of pregnancy for this matter?
Hi I've had pcod problem and I took homeo medication for it. I had my date regular but now again they have become irregular. And I've put on a lot of weight. What do I do.
I am 26 years old we planned for a baby. We are trying for a baby from last 3 months. But still I get periods. What is the reason behind that. Please give suggestions.
Hi, I gave birth to twins two years back and still have tummy/stomach pooch and I still look three months pregnant. I have done self diagnosis and found I have diastasis recti. What treatment or exercises should I do? Should I meet some specialist? If yes who would be right person, my gynecologist or a physiotherapist?
You know that, hiv / aids, it is the most commonly seen sexually transmitted disease observed in today's modern era.
Severity of it is increasing too.
There are new and new researches going on over it and trying to find out its permanat cure. But believe me, till today no cure cure has been found out.
There are upcoming new arvs (anti-retro viral) therapies, but those are just palliating the for a time being. Again the cycle goes on and then finally nothing comes out of it. Patient ends carrying this or due to it. Those arvs gives palliation to patient, like, chemotherapy gives palliation to cancer patients but ultimately only the life span is increased to 2 to 5 or 7 yrs. Not more than it.
But here I would like to say that there is its cure available in homoeopathic medicines, through which I have cured more than hundreds of patients and giving results such as hiv test negative. Though I haven't got 2-3 patients good result and I could not help them, but still patients are getting relief and getting good results.
And nothing more gives happiness to hiv patients, when they see their results negative with their eyes. So now there are chances for its cure which is considered as hopeless to be cured.
" hope for hopeless disease"-- one can say.
Here you have chance to get your test negative again.
Me and my boy friend were together today. I touched his genitals. And then few moments later I touched Myself. He did not ejaculate. I am not sure even if he pre ejaculated. My period is due on 24-25th of this month. Can I be pregnant if I touched My genitals with the same hand.
Can we have intercourse during pregnancy? If yes, till what period of pregnancy? The pregnancy is normal right now but before pregnancy there is cyst in the left ovarian but now its no more. Please advise.
I abort today by taking tablets from my family Dr. What precautions should I taken during heavy bleeding.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
My age is 14, female I have a problem with irregular periods, from six months my periods had stopped so help me
My wife is not getting her regular period the amount of bleeding is very low her last month period starting day was on March 24. She is having regular 30 days period every month but till now this month not so much bleeding happened from past 3 days very low amount is bleeding she got worried please tell me what is happening.
Why You Should Walk, Not Run, Your Way To Fat Loss
1. When you do any intense cardiovascular exercise like running, you burn calories from both muscle and fat. The body cannot pick which calories to burn, and thus by running you actually decrease your muscle mass which eventually makes you more metabolically inefficient.
2. The production of a stress hormone called cortisol increases after doing too much cardiovascular exercise, which leads to bigger food cravings since your body wants to compensate for all those burned calories. So you end up consuming more calories than you have previously burned.
**Too much cardio exercising makes you leptin-resistant, which has the same hormonal effect as sleep deprivation. This prevents your body from telling you when it?s full. You get very hungry quickly and due to the high amounts of cortisol you eventually develop insulin resistance and back to gaining weight.
**Cardiovascular exercises can have a negative impact on thyroid function. The thyroid produces a hormone called T4, and in order to have a properly functioning metabolism, it is then is converted to T3. But, the thyroid is unable to produce T4 if you are creating too much cortisol in your body. You end up with a dysfunctional metabolism, loss of energy and inability to burn fat.
3. Running is considered high impact and the further you run, the more impact. If you are overweight this can cause havoc on your joints and knees.
Summary: Running can cause hormonal imbalances, reduction of muscle mass, less efficient metabolism, which can lead to more weight, and if you are overweight, it can have a negative impact on your knees.
Walking on the other hand can be much more balanced and a healthier alternative, even though the amount of calorie burning effects are not as high as running. You decrease the amounts of cortisol with walking, which is much better in the long-term. Walking makes you more sensitive to insulin, enabling better calorie burn from other exercises and it doesn?t create unmanageable hunger and cravings. It also produces dopamine and serotonin at reasonably high levels which make you feel happier and motivated in your overall health and wellness.
So, start walking as much as possible! At least three days a week take 30 minutes to walk, and increase this gradually. Choose walking instead of running, especially if you are over 40 and not accustomed to an exercise regimen. If you want a tone and firm body, do some weekly resistance training exercises for 20 or 30 minutes. Combine these tips with a great diet and you won?t have to run ever again.
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok