Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Sir, I have married since last 4 years but we do not have a child, what should i do to conceive the child?
I delivered my baby 2. 5 months back with a c section. What homeopathic medicine will help me reduce my weight?
I Have suffer from scanty flow of periods. The period cycle is on time but persist for only 2 days. I would say only 5% flow is there which I say observe visually with difficulty. These abnormality is from last 2 years. I am married and not planning for pregnancy. Currently I do not take any medication for this. But take out hormone report in which AMH value is 1.28 and prolactin is 2.09. Test date is 8/9/14.
I had a kidney transplant 6 years back. Now I am 31 yrs. I am on immunosuppressives medicines. I had 2 miscarriages recently. What are the precautions I should take before next pregnancy?
During coitus there is a lot of lubrication in my vagina I don't know why this happen but this remained me unsatisfied.
Doctor mujje ek baat batao pregnant hona ho to sex ka bhi koi din hota hai kya. Or pregnant hone ke liye kitne baar sex karna padta hai. Aur doctor please describe karke mujhe poori information dijiye. Mein bohot pareshan hun meri wife pregnant nahi ho rahi hai.
My delivery completed before 7 months its cesarean. that's my tummy is now seeing. What should I do can you please suggest me.
Factors that are making you prone to pcod! + how you can manage it
A problem of the body's endocrine system (a system of hormone producing glands), polycystic ovarian disease (or pcod) affects about 18% of indian women. Women in the age group of 15-30 years make up the majority of the victims of this disease. Although the root cause of this problem is still unknown, it can be a result of:
A family history of pcod can increase your risk of developing the endocrine disorder. Even a family history of obesity or diabetes can increase your prospect of developing pcod.
2. Low-grade inflammation
Inflammation occurs when the body's white blood cells (wbcs) produce substances to fight harmful matter that attack the body. A disruption of this natural response of the body can cause low-grade inflammation (a mild but sustained inflammatory response brought on by microbial bacteria called endotoxin). As a consequence, it causes the stimulation of polycystic ovaries to create more androgens (male sex hormones) than female sex hormones. This brings about the appearance of pcod symptoms such as ovulation problem, growth of excessive body and facial hair.
3. Excessive insulin production
Excessive insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas) production occurs when the cells of the body become resistant to insulin. It causes an increase in the production of androgens, in turn affecting the ovaries' ability to release eggs during ovulation.
Although not a direct cause of the disorder, being obese can increase your chances of pcod significantly. The excess fat in the body can worsen your insulin resistance, and can consequently bring about an increase in the androgen levels, causing weight gain in the end.
5. Unhealthy eating habits
Irregular meal timings and poor eating habits (a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates) can make you prone to obesity, a risk factor of pcod.
How to manage the problem of pcod?
Although the condition doesn't have a permanent cure, the symptoms can be easily managed by employing these ways:
- limit the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates to counter the imbalance of insulin and glucose
- exercise for 30-60 minutes a day to boost metabolism for weight loss as well as control of insulin levels
- avoid coffee and other caffeine stimulants that may cause an increase in the production of insulin
- avoid dairy based products and red meat
- include lean meat in your diet
- avoid saturated fats (found in baked foods and lamb, cheese and other dairy products) to control your cholesterol levels
- consume foods that have a low glycaemic index (a scale for determining the effect of food on blood sugar level) such as brown rice, wheat pasta and wholegrain.
Mam I was breast feeding my baby. Now I stopped it. My breast are not like before it is fallen down. How to straighten it again.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend . On 25th feb 2016 at 1.12am. I am not sure about I had ejaculated inside vagina or not. But still in the morning around 10 am. I gave her i-pill. Her periods date was 1st march. But still she dint starts with the menses. What should I do. And today is 2nd march 2016.
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime.
What are the chances of transmitting STDs while having anal sex and oral sex? Can these be done without using a condom?
Doctor I have been diagnosed with mild pcos Two months ago. We are trying for a baby since one year but all in vain. My doctor prescribed me normoz and fol123. I have no idea about whether I am ovulating or not. I have gone through follicular study also but that says egg is not rupturing good but the quantity of eggs are far better. I am a hypothyroidism patient too but the results are now normal. Gone through hsg also and it was normal. Please tell when will I get pregnant. I am getting down every month after hoping for gud news and sometimes volume of the blood is high and some months it os low.
My wife is not getting her periods as her periods have been delayed already by 5 days. What's the matter? We're so much worried. Pregnancy test is negative. What to do now.
I have been on birth control for about two months skipping the placebo week as my doctor instructed and starting right away the next pack. I have not skipped any days but on two different occasions I took my pill at a later time. About a week ago I had sex with my ex and we did not use condoms and he did in fact cum in me about 3 or 4 times and I was and currently still am on my period. My period had gotten heavier as they usually do and mines usually last about a week and a half to two weeks so I still have a some bleeding days ahead of me. My question is, is there any chance I could be pregnant? Also I have PCOS which I know is supposed to make it harder for me to get pregnant. Thank you for your time in advance.
25. Increases your se