Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SudhaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I want to sex with my wife to anal for long time without paining her. Is there's any risk while doing anal sex how to do it safely?
Kya vagina khud tight ya loose hoti he? Q K 5th months pehle physical hui thi to kia ye ab b loose hogi?
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi My wife is 4 month pregnant. She is having pain in left hand (area between elbow and shoulder, when ever she goes to bed the pain starts and whole night she gets pain. Kindly suggest.
Which kind of food to be consumed by breastfeeding moms after c-section and planning surgery and what should be avoided in order to not to put on calories.
One may never know when he or she might need to use a public toilet. And whenever it comes to using a toilet that is used by so many different people, the question regarding the presence of germs on the toilet seat is bound to arise. Often, the toilet seats in a public toilet are associated with being the biggest source of germs in the restrooms. Read on to know the actual relevance of germs being on the toilet seats and whether they can affect one’s health or not.
Common germs on the toilet seats
The chance of having sexually transmitted viruses such as genital herpes or bacteria such as chlamydia from the toilet seats is really low, as these microbes tend to die just as they come in contact with a cold surface, such as the toilet seats. However, there are few other bacteria present, that one can pick up from a toilet seat easily. To name some of the common germs that one can get affected with from toilet seats are, the fecal borne E. Coli bacteria, Shigella bacteria, Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and influenza.
The serious health threats that germs pose
Though the chances of developing serious health conditions as a result of using toilet seats are lesser, it doesn't mean that there is no risk of illnesses. For example, while the majority influenza virus can live for only 2 or 3 days on a non-porous surface, such as the toilet seats, some virus strains can actually survive longer and may affect one with common cold or flu.
- Escherichia coli is another very common bacteria found on the toilet seats that can make you suffer from diarrhea and other types of stomach distress when transmitted.
- Bacteria like Staphylococcus can contaminate non-porous surfaces for more than two months. Spending 3 minutes on a toilet seat contaminated with this bacterium can lead to skin rash or skin infections. Also, bacteria like Shigella can affect one by causing shigellosis infections with abdominal pain, dysentery, etc.
The best way to deal with toilet seat germs
The chances of being affected by bacteria are certainly lesser when using a cleaner toilet seat than that of a dirty one. Plus, after using the toilet seat, one needs to wash their hands properly to avoid the chance of bacterial infection as much as possible. Unless one washes his hands, it is advised to not to touch the mouth, eyes, nose, or other sensitive areas and any food items with the hands. Carrying antibacterial alcohol wipes can be helpful too.
Prevention is always better than cure. Thus, one needs to be alert when using a toilet. After all, even the cleanest looking toilet seat may be a home to various illness causing bacteria invisible to normal eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.