Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha GaneshYour feedback matters!
I am having common cold for the past 4 days. I also have a running nose and my eyes are watery. Please help me.
Hi sir I have cataracts in both eye by birth. Now I am 25 year old boy. doctors do cataract surgery on my eye when I was 6 and 7 year old. But till now I wear. Specs and I have heavy cylinder numbers but wearing specs I can not able to see like normal man I have poor vision even I wear specs In Right eye Dist/cost=. SPH 7.0 CYL 2.0. AXIS 150. WISSION WITH GLASSES 6/24 NEAR= SPH 4.0 CYL 2.0 AXIS 150. vision WITH GLASSES J! Left eye DIST = SPH 2.5. CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES 6/ 18 NEAR =SPH 0.5 CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES J, I WRITE ABOVE AS eye doc write in my vision card after checking my eye. doctor said my eye lens which fit by cataracts operation is dusty so my vision is poor There is no solution! I first want to know can I deserve Low vision certificate by civil surgeon? 2nd thing I want to know is there any new technology for me? Who give me good vision even with specs. Kya ye ho sakta he cataracts ka re operation kar ke naya latest focal lenses fit liya ja ske purine wale ki jagah to me jyada nahi to thoda bahar dekh saku kyuki is sthiti me computer ke small font padh pa rahi sakta or degree hone ki bavjud achi job computer pe nahi kar pa sakta so please please ans me Aur kya contact lenses wear kar sakta hu? Jo dur aur najdik dono ka dekh ne me comfort de wesa koi contact lenses suggest kare Above all questions are very important for me so please ans it sir.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.