Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SudhaYour feedback matters!
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
What is 14 dental points? Mere teeth cavty ki vajah se kerab ho gaye. Or army walo ne medicl me 14 dental points ka jikr.
I have irregular teeths and 2 missing canines. Please let me know about the estimated cost to be incurred in the treatment through lingual braces or other best alternative.
From last 5 days I have two mouth wound automatically but still now it is not cured? What should I do?
I am suffering From Mouth Ulcer From a long Time Some years before they were to appear on my lips But Now They are both in tough and lips white in Color After taking medicine they cure but again after few days they appear please help.
I am 28 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments? Please advise.
Hi doctor. I have heat in my body how can I decrease my body heat and I am having gold teeth how should I do white? my tooth are overlapping how can I straighten my tooth.
Sir I have been chewing tobacco from past 2-years. My mouth has contracted and it does nt ipen as much as previously. I want to improve my mouth condition. Please help.
From someday there is a pain on the left side of my tooth and when I drink some cold things the pain will be much more and I can not take the pain please give me some tips?
I got ulcers in my mouth after having heavy antibiotics for a weak. Now I even can't speak properly and can't have anything infact liquid drinks also increases the pain. Need urgent relief remedy.
I am 22 years old male and I am having Receding Gums problem so which medicine should take to cure it or any other way to stop it.
Hi sir I have a dental issue as last 6 year ago I used to ache on tooth but it comes in each 6 month whenever I take bite of food from this tooth it gets ache for 7 days so I avoid to take food from this and it's also giving pain to other tooth which connected with that so what should I do is RC is the only option but it's took expensive and painful so any solution?
A lot of people love to use tooth picks in order to clear out food stuck in their teeth after meals.Some people even consider to do it as a habit that they will use it, even if they no longer have to. These people do not know that there are possible hazards to using it. In order to convince them to avoid using tooth picks, here are 5 reasons why it is bad for oral health.
It can be a source of oral infections. In fact, it could also be a reason for a person to acquire more severe oral discomforts such as mouth cancer. Keep in mind that tooth picks are never sterile as they are only be stored on tables and closets kept inside their boxes or cases. It would never be ideal to put such thing inside your mouth for health reasons.
Constant tooth picking can break the enamel of your teeth. The enamel which is a hard yet thin layer covering the crown of a tooth is a vital tissue as it serves as the main protection or coat of the tooth. Due to its thinness, it can easily break this tissue given that tooth picks are made up of hard substance. Once the user applies pressure on the tooth, the enamel will easily break off of it. Just imagine all of the damage your teeth enamel has taken so far if you are using it three times a day.
It can be damaging to the gums. Whenever a person is using tooth picks, it is inevitable for them to sometimes hit their gums with it. Worse is when they apply too much pressure and they would accidentally have their gums wounded. If you have wounded or damaged gums, the chances of being able to acquire diseases would be higher most especially if the gums become infected. This is why most dentists advise their patients and clients to use dental flossers instead as they are proven to be more safe