Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha Bala SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
Yesterday night I had sex with my partner, and I didn't use any safety precautions and I saw some bleeding from my vagina. I am 100% sure it's not my periods. Also, as I said we didn't use any safety precautions, I have doubt about my pregnancy. Can you suggest me what steps should I take to abort this situation. I don't want to be pregnant right now. Also currently I am having Medicine for PCOD from last 1 month.
Yesterday we had unprotected sex. We do not want any trouble to avoid any trouble can we use UNWANTED-72 or any other pills like this? We are in tension since last night Please suggest what we should do.
I am not getting my period for 2 months. I'm a 25 year old married woman. I'm irregular in my period frequently. I am sexually active and I take emergency contraceptive pills quite frequently around weekly basis. What are the causes for my irregular periods? And is contraceptive pills harmful if taken regularly?
I am 38 years old female with 162.5 cms ht and 65 kgs weight. actually I was slim with proper proportion in my structure. For the past 1 year I ride a two wheeler to my workplace. Off late I notice a sudden increase in my hip and butts and it looks like improper structure. I also have a bloated tummy. How do I regain my structure. Can not do workouts. Help me with some home remedies.
Actually meri wife pregnant hai issi mahine me pata chala pichle mahine me aisa nahi tha matlab usse period time pe aaya tha par is mahine me usse abhi tak nahi aaya 15 din ho chuke hai to humne test kiya aur positive response aaya Par problem ye hai ki usse apne gaon jana hai shadi hai aur yaha sab concern hai ki train me travel karna hoga kuch problem na ho Aur iske pehle July me humara ek baccha kharab ho chuka hai uske wajah se abortion karana pada tha bacha apne aap gir gaya tha doctor ne kaha ki infection ki wajah se aisa hua Us samay doctor ne bhi kaha tha 3. 4 mahine tak kuch plan mat karna But ab kal humne test kiya aur wo pregnant hai to kya wo aise me gaon ja sakti hai Aur ghar wale tension me hai ki agar isbar bhi kuch galat ho gaya to fir wo kabhi wapis pregnant nahi ho payegi aisa ho sakta hai kya Aur usse abhi bhi infection hai kyu ki wo aksar kehti hai usse dard hota hai jalan hoti hai aur uske private part me kuch white color ka pani aur jelly jaise nikalta hai help pls.
My serum count is very less. Also some dead serum also seen .please advise some tips to recover from this. Me and my wife trying to have a baby from last 1 year.
I am 25 years old and my period is delayed by 10 days last period was also lighter than normal although I am not having any kind of discomfort like nausea and all what should I do?
I'm suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome. My periods are irregular. I heard that pregnancy is rare with this disease. Is it true,
I am suffering itching around vagina & vulva since 5 days. It started when I used some hair removing cream. No other symptoms or problems. Please suggest some medicine to treat it.
Hi actually I just want to know my wife is pregnant and suffering from cough can you please suggest me for any medicine 3 month has been finished.
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
Hello doctor. This month I hv a imp function on 21 and I ant to postpone my period date. As last month on 20 I had periods. I ll be taking primolut n from 16 two tablet a day ie mrng and night. But I am very tensed coz my period never extend then my date. So can you pls tell me with tablet did my period extend. So that I attend function on 21.
Hello, I am 27 years old married women. I have problem of white discharge. It gets smell and sticky. I used vygene but it controls only 1 to 2 days ,whenever I stop to use vygene again that will continue. Due to this, my health gets weak. Give such suggestions to cure.
I tried to have sex with my boyfriend with and without protection on 9th july. We don't complete the intercourse even once as it was very painful. I got her 5 days long menstruation on 20th july and again on 13th august. I am still scared if I am pregnant as I am having symptoms like dry heaving, intermittent nausea after eating, excessive fatigue from few days. Is it possible that I can be pregnant? Should I meet a gynac in person for practical check up ? Please help. I am very worried.
One of the most important decisions a couple takes is to start a family. It fills them with hope and joy of new future, but if the attempts have been unsuccessful for more than six months, it can take a toll on the relationship and the mental health of the couple. This is the time to seek fertility specialist who will be appropriate to analyze the situation and provide proper guidance. Read on to find out the exact indications to see a fertility specialist:
1. If a woman who is under the age of 35 is unable to get pregnant even after a year of having regular unprotected sex
2. A woman who has had more than three miscarriages
3. Someone who has suffered from blocked fallopian tubes and is in need of surgery
4. One who experiences irregular ovulation
5. A couple who has suffered from genital infections
6. A pregnant woman who has consumed an estrogen derivative
7. A man who has been diagnosed with low semen count, also known as poor motility
8. A couple who has not been diagnosed with any irregularity but is infertile
Which specialist should you visit?
If you or your partner or both have shown signs of infertility, then visiting the following specialists can be helpful:
- Specialists for men - Urologists and Andrologists are specialists who treat men for infertility. Urologists conduct an analysis of semen quality, semen count, hormone levels, reproductive organs and abnormalities in bladder and kidneys. Andrologists are medical professionals who specialize in hormonal conditions and physiology of male infertility.
- Specialists for women - Hormonal imbalance is one of the potent obstacles to pregnancy. If a general obstetrician/gynecologist has not been able to successfully treat a woman then she can visit a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders. Depending upon the nature of the problem, she can also visit a reproductive surgeon who deals with uterine abnormalities, endometriosis, and reproductive organ surgery.
Few days back we did protected and unprotected sex. Very next to next day she took one tablet by name unwanted 72. But there was no such reactions. Can it be affect in her periods?
Diwali has just gone by and there are festivities in the air. Lots of people have gotten into the habit of having sweet tit bits at odd times and then blaming it on their sweet tooth. Is there something called as sugar addiction or is it plain bad habits? experts advise that it is probably both and one needs to just stop the intake of extra table sugar in any form.
A three week sugar free diet is said to cure the body of the sugar cravings and detox the body from sugar. But the fact is a small period of absence and then binging may create an addict-like effect. The reason is high blood sugar causes the secretion of feel-good hormones from the brain. These hormones are the same as those released by the brain after consuming street drugs like cocaine. Thus sugar can mess up the body and brain much like a very small dose of heroin.
People who are habituated to sugar either because of addiction or plain bad eating habits may get into a rhythm when they started feeling shaky, low and nervous when they miss their daily sugar fix. These symptoms occur because of low blood sugar and become more prominent as the metabolism tilts towards diabetes.
Medical research has found that people who find themselves hooked on sugar, trigger a brain reaction similar to those produced by drug addicts. The sugar gets quickly broken into glucose which is the food for the brain and triggers these reactions.
Though even vegetables, dairy and fruits also have these sugars but because of high amount of fibre in these foods, the release of glucose in the body is slow and constant whereas the glucose released by artificial stuff like candy etc is sudden and sharp. This sharp peak creates a sugar- high and seems to be the cause of trouble for our brain. Once the sugar levels drop we start craving for a sugar high again.
The high followed by a low sugar cycle needs to be broken to have a sustained energy level and it is important to avoid foods which can push us into this trap. Foods like fruits, vegetables, yogurt, corn etc should be consumed more and quick sugar foods like pastries, cakes, table sugar, jellies, donuts etc need to be consumed less in order to avoid sugar addiction.