Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha Bala SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
Hi. Actually we are newly married couple. We are unable to enjoy life because of pregnancy stress. We both do not want baby and same time do not want to use condom as its restricts pleasure. My wife body is little heavy than me, so we are fear to use contraception pill as it may increase weight. Please suggest.
Hello doc. I am 31 years old married for 9 yrs. I have fear in my mind about having sex. I feel pain in my vagina. My doc suggested me a minor surgery. She said they will do a Minor cut on my vaginal opening just to widen it. So that I would not feel problem while having sex. Pls tell me is this OK to have it? She ensured me that I would not have any problem. It needs only a day rest. Pls guide me.
- Contact of mouth of one partner with the genitals of the other is known as oral sex. Stimulation of the male genitals by tongue, lip and mouth is known as fellatio, and oral stimulation of the female genitals is called cunnilingus.
- Either from of oral- genital sex can be done with partner stimulating the other individually. Fellatio and cunnilingus are used to induce or heighten the sexual arousal. Vatsyayan has labeled oral- genital sex ‘Auparishtak’ and mentioned 8 different ways of performing it.
- Licking, sucking, kissing and rubbing of genitals and motion employed can make the person feel good due to moisture and warmth of oral – genital contact. In fellatio, methods of stimulation include sucking the glans or shaft of penis, licking penis or scrotum and kissing anywhere along the genitals. The glans and frenulum are particularly sensitive to oral stimulation. Many women are highly aroused by licking or sucking of clitoris during cunnilingus. Oral stimulation of minor lips and of vaginal opening is also practiced. Some women are uncomfortable with fellatio because they feel gagging.
- Some women do not want the man to ejaculate in her mouth, though there is no health risk in swallowing semen accidentally.
- Oral – genital sex is quite common and many see it as normal and pleasurable part of lovemaking. While many people are interested in the pleasure of oral – genital sex others consider it dirty, perverted and unnatural. Many think genitals as unclean. From a scientific viewpoint, the oral genital contact is no less hygienic than mouth-to-mouth kissing, provided the parts are kept clean. About 60 percent of American couples perform oral- genital sex.
- Though oral- genital sex does not give rise to any disease, during fellatio, man should not thrust his erect penis deep into the throat as it may cause vomiting or choking. Cunnilingus should not be performed during pregnancy, as it may cause air embolism resulting in sudden death. Person having STI or HIV infection should avoid oral genital sex.
- No one should be forced or coerced in doing anything he or she opposes. Men seem to be interested more in oral genital sex than women. However , it she has aversion of performing oral genital sex, he should not insist on it.
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n nothing has happened yet. Is there any possibility of her getting pregnant?
My wife (28 years) is suffering from Cyst in left ovary past 2 years or more and now its going to block Fallopian Tube. We are trying for baby for past 3 years but not succeed. Dr. Advised for operation but we are not favour for operation until its last option. She is taking Homeopathy medicines past 2 months. Her Cyst is Benin (not Cancer). Previous Gynecologist Dr. Advised in starting stage, these are chocolate cyst and come and go, you should try for baby in normal way and gave her few vitamins Tabs. Unfortunately She didn't get pregnant yet. My question is that we want continue with Homeopathy medicines, my only fear is that would it not be worst in future. Can she take Homeopathy continue and delay in operation for few more month? It may be no need of operation in future. Please advice. Thanks.
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Dear sir/madam my wife is 30 years old, had her 2 times miscarriage one in october, 2013 and 2nd one in may-2014, we are trying to conceive for last 8months and she is taking medicine 1. Adova 1mg, 2. Fol-xt, 3. Lorpin 75mg and 4. Duphaston 10mg. Her last menstruation 03/04/2015 and to-day is 22/04/2015 she is light bleeding. Please advise us what to do. Thanks.
Amazing benefits of female masturbation
Female masturbation works more like exercise and an orgasm is an amazing workout for your pelvic floor. When you reach close to orgasm, your clitoris engorges due to increasing blood flow. This causes your heart rate and respiration to increase and create a similar effect that exercise creates in different situations.
Improves sleep quality
Masturbation will help put up a fight against insomnia through hormonal release. Your body releases dopamine, the feel-good hormone, in anticipation of an orgasm. After the climax, your body releases a calming hormone called oxytocin. The combination of both will help you have a good sleep.
Improves general health
Regular female masturbation is good for your cardiovascular health. It also reduces the risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
Helps cure a urinary tract infection
A UTI can be extremely painful and irritating, and sometimes, it's not enough to drink cranberry juice to resolve the issue. You can take steps to avoid getting any utis in the first place, and regular masturbation is something you can trust.
Through masturbation, you get to know your body better and guide your partner during an actual vaginal intercourse.
No STDs or pregnancy
The biggest benefit of masturbation is that you don't have to worry about getting pregnant as a result of an adventurous sex encounter with someone. You can please yourself through masturbation without getting pregnant or getting any sexually transmitted diseases.
Hello Doctor, am trying to conceive for the past 1 year and my doctor prescribed me to take these tablets (folic acid, Lifer XT, clonate D3, Glyciphage 850 mg and Gonadil myo. Kindly let me know these tablets will be helpful to get pregnant?
Mam, My wife is always drinking my sperm after our sex session is it harmful for her or is it hazardous for her to get pregnant..
Hello doctor, I am pregnant and its 4 month is about to complete in days. But from last three days I have pain on my lower back. Pain its like its same as in period its happened. Will you please suggest me is this normal?
I am 22 years old. Just before 3 months got married. Still I couldn't have sex. If my husband inserts his pennis on my vagina its paining a lot. Because of this pain I couldn't allow him even. And this month periods came about 12 days and within 4 days gap periods came again for 10 days. What should I do now ?
Doctor could you please let me know is there any side effects of using contraceptive pills. Thank you.
1. I am 47 years old female. My height is 145cms. What should be my weight. 2. I am diabetic for past 3 years but in control. What fruits and vegetables can I eat?
A girl doing sex with proper contraceptive. Period of girl delay. Can period delay due to first time sex. If period delay? How many days delay?
Mam meri mangter ko 10 week ka baby hi koi option hi kya ki medicine se WO alag hosake shadi ko abhi 4 saal hai.
Low libido can affect a relationship in a big way. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, gender or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation. It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead.
Critical factors that attribute to low libido are:
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress, lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6 - 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Smoking: A killer habit, which affects a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Change in weight: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Take a break: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past.