Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SubramaniamYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam what is the normal heartbeat range? I am getting 112 in rest and if I perform even small work for 5 min I am getting 120-130. What should I have to do now?
Hi. 2008 I got married. Naturally 3 times got pregnant. But 3 time miscarriage. No heart beat. We did 2 iui then 2 ivf all failed. My all reports are normal. My husband reports also normal. Very confused now what to do.
Dear sir/mam, I m 21years old and and my weight is only 45kg I i was used many weight gaining supplement but its works only up to the time of taking supplement and when I leave the supplement my weight getting lose fast and I m not able to purchase high rated supplement. So, please suggest me for gain weight permanently. I m very worried about my weight. Thank you.
I'm a software engineer. I love eating chocolates and chocolate related items. I'm getting headache most frequently with vomiting sensation. I consulted doctor once for this. One doctor checked my BP and said I have to take BP tablets for a period. For few days, no headache, I'm able to do my work. After that again I got same headache. Once I take a deep sleep, I can get rid of headache. I consulted another doctor. He gave me a prescription for Migration and also for BP. Is BP really related to migration? How I get rid of migration permanently?
I am 54 years old. Female. I have high Bp. High cholesterol. Diabetes my medication telma 40 nebistar h gluconorm 500 half tab multivitamin omega fm now my bp 140/100 sugar fasting 150 avg post lunch 222 to 250 I want to no what are the changes required in medicines.
I usually feel chest heart palpitations. It makes me uneasy. I have taken tests last year echo ECG blood all were normal. I take alcohol too much .so can it be reason. Sometime I feel ghabrahat too. And shakiness in body.
Hi doctors. Today I was doing some work. But when I finish take my bp. It was 180/80. My heart rate was 134. My head feel light head. But my echo cardiogram was normal. And my ECG was normal. Them test suppose to show something. If I had a problem. What's the cause.
What are the symptoms for Heart attack. And what are the first aid procedures to be done. When someone is affected by heart attack?
My dad had gone under a valve replacement surgery and before the surgery he had got brain stroke so now he has a little problem in reading. I have read about alternate treatment which can be taken within 3m from the stroke. So please let me knw if any1 knws about this.
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with a doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life.