Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subramani
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SubramaniYour feedback matters!
I am suffering facial numbness since 2nd april' 2015, mri done by doctor's advice and prescribed medicine. Without medicine can get relief by facial yoga. What medicine given let you know after a while & also advice me what deficiency have or what types of illness, brain cancer, tumor, brain stroke and what medicine, yoga and messages require to get cure and relief such numbness waiting for your reply. Thanking you,
My joints and legs were in to much pain it disturbs my daily routine please suggest me for better results.
I am newly came in a new palace for a college degree, so what to do maintain my health as I was a very healthy. Suddenly I am looking like a small man. What is the best protection to get addition for this. I wanna come at my initial point to restore. It very occur to see a suddenly changed body. So please help me to overcome from this problem.
Hello Doctor, for the past 2 - 3 months, I am having pain in my right knee, I have an Indian style commode and when I try to get up from the pot, it pains very badly. If I fold my knee, even for 5 mins it pains when I stretch my leg. Please help.
My age is 28. I am male. My height is 4 feet 8 inches, By birth I am suffering from rickets, I undergone a 8 surgeries to cure my deformed legs. Now I am suffering form osteoporosis, I gain weight around 74 kg. And I am not able to walk. I have a high blood pressure around 170/120. I sit on the chair for a long time. I want to my condition please help.
I am 37years old and my daily run is 100 k. M. By bike and now I am suffering from B. P. And back pain hence which health supplement is better for my health?
Hi. I have severe lower back pain which goes to my right leg. I am unable to sit or walk or even change side in bed without pain. The pain started in 4th month of my pregnancy and became worse with time. It was in lower back and pubic area. I was told it's coz of pelvic girdle and will go after delivery. Now my baby is 10 days old but pain is only getting worse. Now the pain is in lower back right buttock and right leg. I am not able to sit for long to feed my baby.
I have back bone problem over last few weeks. What should I do for that? Give me some advice. And my both arms are also paining every night.
There is some blood discharge while spitting its around 10% every morning and along with that I m suffering some kind of neck pain may I know the real cause.
I'm 28 years old getting waist pain from last week, I don't know how did I get it but it's torturing while bending and leaning. Kindly let me know any pain killer tablet for this problem.
My mother is suffering from muscle disorder can not stand on her legs. Properly always needs support to move also have swelling on the lower part of leg. Complains of weakness. Please advice me whom to consult and what should be done to cure her. Thanks.
Two years back she was having pain in knees. After sitting she the pain was worst. After seeing a physician we went to a neurologist. He said that certain nerves were pinched after an x ray. She was prescribed pregabalin and some other medicines. After two months she got a fit lasting for a minute only. We stopped that medicine and went to another neurologist. He said that there is no problem with nervous system and that knee pain is due to weight. He advised for a CT scan which was normal. However he prescribed Oxetol 300 mg and 450 mg for 3 years. After one month she was tired with the medicine and stopped. Everything was normal for two years. Then again she was having severe pain in leg. We went to another physician and he gave medicines for neuropathic pain of which pregabalin was a medicine. After using for one month she got a fit during night. This time the duration was even shorter. Both times it happened when she awoke in night and fainted. She told a feeling of anxiety that night before sleeping and told her head went numb or cold. We went to physician. He checked history stopped all medicines only giving oxetol 300mg in the morning and 450mg in the evening. Two months passed and she is fine. Very slight pain in knees also. But the doctor says she had to take this medicine for 5 years. Please advice us. We do not know whether she is having epilepsy or it was side effect of the medicines given for neuropathic pain.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.