Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SubhashiniYour feedback matters!
I am a 55 year old female. Knee pains have started since six months. I am not an over weight person. Please suggest some exercises which can relieve the knee pain.
I want to use electric massager for my back pain. Will it be benificial. If yes give me the name of company
There is pain in my knee joint, but this pain is not from any hurt, it think it is due to infection of drinking borewell water, please help me how to recover from pain I am not able to fold my leg.
5 Ways To Reduce Joint Pain And Inflammation
Rule out Allergies
Food allergies can have on those little aches and pains that we often pass off as nothing. I believe the first step in dealing with acute and chronic pain is to rule out allergens as you may likely nip the issue in the bud by doing a very simple allergen test.
Like with any health plan that you may be pursuing, it’s always best to consult your doctor. Many of the foods included in this post may contradict with some medications. So, when you go in for a allergen test, be sure to have a discussion with your health practitioner.
Reduce Inflammatory Foods
Now, if going the route of an allergen test is not something you want to do, you may still want to experiment with foods that are known to be inflammatory. Here are the main culprits: Sugar, Dairy, Gluten, Grains, Trans Fats, Artificial Sweeteners, Starches (in excess) and Alcohol.
Increase Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Foods (like nuts) and fish (like salmon) are loaded with Omega-3s, that will help fight inflammation. Other great sources of anti-inflammatory foods include blueberries, kelp, horseradish, mustard, garlic, onions, watercress, parsley, celery, pickles, lemon and rose-hip tea. And, don’t forget to add more vibrant vegetables into your diet as they are loaded with micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) and antioxidant properties that are essential for building and repairing tissues.
Herbs such as turmeric and ginger are known to be natural pain remedies, so when you’re cooking, be sure to add one or both of these ingredients to your meals. I especially love these two ingredients in smoothies.
It’s a known fact that a lot of joint pain can be a result of stagnation in the muscles and joints. Now, starting to run a 10km is not what I would suggest. In fact, I’m suggesting light weight training, low impact walking, pilates or yoga. These all really help to get your joints in motion and reduce stiffness and pain. Light weight training can also strength the muscles surrounding your affected joint, providing them more support.
Normally, I would list off a selection of supplements to help you reduce symptoms of pain and begin the healing process. At the same time, if you are taking medications, there can be certain contradictions that may impede on the effectiveness of the medications. So, again, I encourage you to consult with your medical practitioner.
I would certainly recommend that you start with a high-quality multi-vitamin or mineral supplement especially if your dietary choices haven’t been the best. Now, this doesn’t imply that you should take supplements and then continue to make poor food choices. I don’t personally take a multi-vitamin anymore as I always create a plate that is 75% vibrant, fresh vegetables that provide what I need.
As with any protocol for improving health, you also need to look at your diet and lifestyle to make significant, long term changes. Consider the steps above as great starting points.
I am a 25 years old male my right hand shoulder is in very pain specially if took some heavy weight to upside.
I am 32 years old and since 2009 I was suffering from leg pain and was diagnosed as sciatic pain initially and was using some pain killers and anti biotic. The problem was resolved, but again in 2012 it repeated and doctors suggested to go for MRI scan and noticed that L5 disk bulge is there and suggested to take rest for one month (bed rest) and the problem was solved. But again in 2014 same problem occurred. This time it was ok with yoga course. But whereas, one doctor suggested to take complete health check up and he identified with the results that due to diabetes I was suffering all these days. Now blood sugar levels are 130 (fasting) and 200 pp.
Sir, I am felling pain in my joints most of the time specially in shoulders. And a tick tak sound comes from my joints.
I am suffering from severe backpain from past one month. Because of pain I am unable to sit and. Sleep properly for at least ten minutes. Please suggest me some medicines and exercises to reduce my. Pain.
I am having acute lower back pain every morning I wake up actually I wake up due to pain the pain is so intense that I have to get out of bed due to discomfort. It's happening since 7 months but after half an hour of waking up the pain disappeared so I never felt a need to consult any doctor but its not seem to go away by time on top of that it is getting worst. Please suggest what should I do or what type of doctor I should visit to get out of this trouble as I tried yoga and other back exercises for it but nothing seems to be working.
I am 25 year old man and I have backbone problem. What should I do? Please reply. Its urgent. Please as early as possible.
Hello sir, I am getting regularly back pain from last three years onwards. So what precautions to take reduce such type of paining. please suggest.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
In case when a patient suffering from shoulder pain doesn't respond to routine conservative care, then it can be treated with ESWT (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy). This is a non-invasive and non-operative form of treatment and has no side effects with excellent outcome. Proper rehabilitation before and after any procedure is the key to success.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
I am 31 years old male l have knee injury so got ACL surgery 4 years back now I am gaining weight walking is now good in my area did I use treadmill need suggestions.
I am 39 year old male , I am used to intense workout in the gym, I squat 2 * bodyweight , but last week when I was squatting I experienced making pain in left side of my lower back so I quit squatting for the week, I did not feel any pain, but when I resumed squatting after a gap of 10 days the pain was back please advise, thanks.
I had swelling in knees sometimes at toes also what does it indicates and what is solution for the same.
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.
Related Tip: "Wounds Vs Bruises"