Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SubhashiniYour feedback matters!
I face very severe allergic symptoms whenever there is change in season which affect my sinuses, stomach, joints and my mind also. I am taking anti-allergic allegra M as told by the doctor daily for a long time now but the symptoms are still there and are very unpredictable. I have genetically acquired this allergic tendency as told to me by my doctor. My grandmother has a similar problem and it never got cured. Is there a possible cure to this problem? Please help me as it is affecting my normal life.
Hi I am 38 years old male. I am unable to move my right arm from shoulder level since past 8 days. This happened while playing badminton. I have already taken muscle relaxant and pain killers.
I am 47 years old. For last many days, I have observed that while going to bed for sleep, my right foot starts paining and pain shifting to leg. It happens daily. What should I do. I got my bood tested. Uric acid-6.3.
I am 61 years lady and I have pain in my both the knees. Which method out of 5 methods you have described in your mail I should like to opt for relief.
I have red eye for over 3 day and stomach pain and also had head and shoulders pain and I also have loose motion also so what should I have to do!
My knees make tak tak sound after standing for longer time and I felt the same in my shoulder joint too. I am a slim structure man age 45 and weight 58.
My wife aged 58 years having a kneen pain for the last 5 years and now also developed back pain for the last 3 months -consulted so many doctors in faridabad and they give only pain killers which give short time relief kindly advise permanent relief from this problem
I am have pain in my right elbow. I play cricket everyday and it pains only at that time. I think my ligament may be damaged. Help me out.
My mother fell down today morning unfortunately, after thw x-ray reports done doctor says that there is a 1.1 crack in hip structure, can I know how long it will take to recover.
Hi I had continuous body pain and joint pain with heavy cold for more that 15 days. Just randomly took blood test and it was typhoid H positive 1 in 160 dilution and is typhoid O positive 1 in 160 dilution. But my doctor did not reacted much for this report. He Just gave tablets. He did not even advices me about the food habits. Is this normal or danger please tell me.
Hi, my bones are week. Slight hit hurts me a lot. Especially knees, front side of legs, and, elbows. Please help me with some long run solution (home remedy or ayurvedic preferred).
I have pain in my shoulders from 1 week so what I am to do for this I will try pain relief pill and creems but do not work.
Sir I have A back pain since last five days I have 39 years old I take too medicine but all vain plzz sugest me some good tablets.
Sir, on screening it is clear that I have ankylosing spondylitit so I wanna know that is it completely curable or not ?
Hello Sir/Ma'am, I am suffering from serious pain which starts from lower left back goes to under left knee, due to which I am unable to walk and stand. Only when I lie I get relief. So please suggest me some treatment. Thanks.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.