Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SubhaYour feedback matters!
I got fractured in my spine 8-9 months ago. So my legs were not working. Now I am walking smoothly but not properly. I think blood is not flowing properly in my legs so please tell me some medical solution or any liquid syrup.
What is ozone or oxygen therapy. Is it safe & no side-effect. Is it possible to get cured of muscular dystrophy by ozone therapy.
I am 27 years old male. I have back pain in right side last five days. I used relief relief at that time. But when I get up in the morning, pain start.
Spine surgery is conventionally performed as ‘open surgery’, which means the region being worked on is opened with a long entry point to permit the surgeon to view and access the area. Technical and scientific advances have permitted more back and neck conditions to be treated with a less obtrusive surgical technique. The minimal invasive spine surgery (MISS) does not include a long cut, and it prevents causing damage to the muscles around the spine. As a rule, this causes less pain after the surgery and a speedier and healthy recovery.
Spine surgery is normally suggested when non-surgical treatments like medicinal or exercise based methods have not helped in lessening the excruciating symptoms of your back problem. Moreover, surgery is just considered if your doctor can pinpoint the correct reason of your pain, for example, a herniated circle or spinal stenosis.
MISS is also called less obtrusive spine surgery. In these procedures, surgeons utilise particular instruments to get to the spine through little cuts. The surgery process is as follows:
- During the surgery, a little entry point is made and the tubular retractor is embedded through the skin.
- It is also inserted into the delicate tissues down to the spinal cord.
- This makes a passage to the little range where the problem exists in the spine.
- The tubular retractor holds the muscles open and is set up all through the surgery.
- The surgeon gets to the spine utilising the little instruments that fit through the focal point of the tubular retractor.
- Any bone or disk material that is expelled goes out from the retractor.
- Any gadgets needed for the fusion process, for example, screws or rods, are embedded through the retractor.
- A few surgeries require more than one retractor.
- Keeping in mind the end goal to see where to put the entry point and embed the retractor, the surgeon is guided by fluoroscopy.
- This strategy shows ongoing X-ray pictures of the patient's spine on a screen throughout the surgery.
- The surgeon additionally utilises a microscope to enlarge the view through the retractor.
- Towards the end of the procedure, the tubular retractor is expelled and the muscles come back to their original position.
- This restrains the muscle damage that is more ordinarily found in open surgeries.
It is very important to talk about these risks with your doctor before your surgery or procedure.
- Infection: Antibiotics are consistently given to the patient some time before, during, and regularly after the surgery to reduce the danger of infections.
- Bleeding: A specific measure of bleeding is normal; however, this is not commonly dangerous.
- Pain in the grafted area: Some patients will encounter surgical pain at the bone joint site.
- Recurring symptoms: A few patients may encounter a repeat of their side effects.
- Pseudarthrosis: Patients who tend to smoke are more prone to pseudarthrosis. This is a condition wherein there is insufficient bone formation. In case that this happens, a minor surgery may be required.
- Nerve damage: It is possible that the nerves or veins might be harmed during these operations. These complications are extremely uncommon.
- Blood clots: Another complication is blood clots in the legs. This poses a threat because these clots can break off and settle in the lungs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.