Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SubbulakshmiYour feedback matters!
My newborn is 17 days old today. He had jaundice on 4th day measuring 16.97. After phototherapy it reduced to 8.9 on 8th day. We got it tested again on 16th day and came out to be 12.28. Doc has said that its ok. I am getting massage daily from dai which is typical indian practice post partum. I want to know is it possible that it might be affecting his recovery. I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby and he is pooping and passing urine normally. Doc said that we have blood group incompatibility I am o+ baby is b + and hubby is ab+.What shall I do speed up my babies recovery. By what time shall I expect him to recover?
HI, My baby is 3 months old, we have appointed 1 lady person for her daily males (exercise) of body, please confirm for how many months I have continue for goods development of her body.
Sir my male baby 9 months old today having cold & cough. But one of my village Dr. Advice for ce merit cl-dry syrup & cetramac syrup, but I am not sure that the medicine's are for paediatric use. So kindly suggest shall I give the syrup to my baby? pls. Help out me.
Mera beta 20 days ka hai jab bhi doodh peeta hai vomit kar deta hai koi reason aur solution batao?please
My daughter is 3.6 years old. Her growth is perfect but she don't talk clearly. I consult with family docter he says all is normal. I want to know is there any solution so that she can talk clearly as all children with her in school are talking clearly.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.