Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subbu Palaniappan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Subbu PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
Suffering from severe ear pain since yesterday. I applied Auristillae but pain is still there. Very tender to touch. Please suggest some medicine.
I always have cold, I have consulted quite few doctors, their medicines stop reacting on me after a period of time. I also opted for homeopathic treatment. I am not a doctor so I am not sure if it's sinus or just allergy but I really want to get rid of it. I start sneezing at any random time in any situation, sometimes I wake up in middle of night and start sneezing.
I'm having a common cold for more than 5 to 6 day but when I blow my nose today it comes out with blood this was my first time bleeding during cold what medicine should I take.
Hello doctor, Since past few days I'm having minor ear pain. So took some ear drops from a medical store, but now that pain has become quite acute. I woke up now at around 4: 00 am due to that pain. Kindly help me with it. Thanks and regards
Ser muje 3 4 mahene se gale me halkasa jalan hota hai is ke baad gale ke neche se Le kar chati me kuch mehsus hota hai jaise koi chez andar ki taraf jarahi hai aur Yeh silsila Sara din raita hai phir soo kar utne ke bad 1 2 ganta thek raita hai phir gale me halka jalan shiro hota hai mai bahut pareshan Ho please plz meri help kigiya.
Nose bleeding happens because of the presence of a lot of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
- Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
- Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
- Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!