Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Subbu PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
I have sinus problem from last 4 years and every morning my nose get blocked, what should I do? M taking medicines from last 4 years but still no relief. Tried everything. Allopathic, Homeopathy n currently ayurvedic. Is there any permanent solution for sinus?
I have sinusitis and headache problem. Now I started to work in bank jobs from 2 weeks. The bank has 5 AC but I can't work in AC rooms. I feel congestion, sneezing,headache. Now how to work that AC rooms? please reply me sir.
Sometimes I have doubt I have mild deafness on my right ear. What should I do. And should I take it seriously to this problem?
I have sore throat and I am feeling body pain. What should I avoid eating and what should I eat? Please help me.
Sir/Madam Im sanjeev 28years old from hyderabad. Sir/madam im facing severe headache problem. Rounded headache. Feeling heavy on head. At the time of Moisture weather doubles the headache. Is this sinus related?. What are the reasons for this and how to get rid from this problem. And tel me steps to control.
Hi Doctor, I feel dizziness some times after coming home from Office and I am having Back pain and Abdominal pain when I wake up in morning. I am 22 Years old and weight: 95 KG. Can you please suggest me on this.
I have problem in my right side ear. Some itching is there slight one inside it. Even I cleaned my ear wax by a doctor last month. But he said that itching will be gone by a week. And also it also creates some pain in my right side of head and neck also. I irritates sometimes also. Please help.
I am having cold from last 2 days. Runny nose, sneezing, throat pain. Pls suggest treatment. I am 42 year old male with no other health problems.
I have tinnitus for last 4 years. Left ear has more noise than the right. Not sure about the reason but that time i had an ear wax for which i had approached ENT doctor. She advised to put drops and come after 4 days. Suddenly on 3rd day it started ringing in my ear. And slowly it started in other ear as well. Which is still there. I need a remedy for this. Please guide
Everytime I drink coffee, I eat sweets, my chest hurts, I feel dizzy, headaches, or sometimes im like high. Is this a serious problem.
Two weeks ago I feel that my left ear is blocked so went to Ent but he said that there is no infection but little swelling so he prescribed me anti allergy tabs. But still now I feel the same and also I feel little sensation in my left side head at the top and sometime at back of head He also advised me to take steam so when I take steam cough comes and I feel like cold that comes in initial stage . Now after two weeks my ear is same blocked , head sensation going on but minor not severe , sometimes feel like breathing problem and throat is also sore sometime. I am confused if it is cold so why it is not coming out from so long. Or it is some serious problem related to brain. please help.
When I am eating some thing then I feel that in my throat chubna. Means how too full clear my throat. Then I easily some thing eat. And some times when I take dry thing then I am not feel like vomit please give me some home remedies for throat.
I feel pain in my right side of the waist when I press. Some burning sensation in throat. Also have gas problem from last 3 days. Thanks.
I have throat infection. Nose is blocked. Already have allergic rhinitis issues. Please advise on how to reduce.
I got some itching at palm and feet. Few days back I got diagnosed with GOUT due to minor increased level of uric acid. The itching got severe if I start scratching it and skin got red. I do take BP medicine "teleact am" from ranbaxy. But now a days my BP is also high around 140/100 or 140/110 after taking BP medicine. Does this seems any connection, What tests are recommended. I always has pain in my throat and seems my veins between ear and throat are blocked.
Hello I am a 21 years boy. I have a problem in my throat (Vocal or voice). Actually I used to drink very cold water in summer and also in winter (because there was no facility of lukewarm water in my hostel in winter where I had studied for 2 years) .I like to eat paani poori thrice a week (Generally known as Golgappey with a chemical acid mixed in water for sourness who is responsible for vocal damage. I ignored some problem before. Now I have problem in my voice. I can't speak high, my voice cracks and changes tone when I speak. So Please doctor tell me some medicines for curing these problems. Thanks.
Hello doctors. My question is, if a person's one nostril is close from long time and if one nostril is open then from what kind of problems he might be suffering.
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
- Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
- Soups and warm water: Drink warm water, soup or broth, and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
- Turmeric/Ginger root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
- Spicy food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing severely blocked sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
- Apply warm packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
- Take a steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.