Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subbu Palaniappan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Subbu PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
Hi everyone. My son now 6.5 years has adenoids since he was 3. Got his hearing tests Done but no major loss. He has been on homeopathy medicine off and on but the nasal polyps and adenoids keep reoccurring. Any good homeopathy doc here who can ensure they settle naturally. Also he does not have nasal discharge or fever or frequent bouts of cold and cough. He has been on immunity dosage may be because of that. But he has difficulty in sleeping. Open mouth and no nose breathing. Growth and all is fine. I don't think he needs surgery though ENT suggested it. I'm in a fix. Please help.
I am 18 years of age. I have never took alcohol or cigarette or any type of tobacco. I also never had sex with anyone. So its now 3 months that I have noticed 2 nodes on both sides of my neck. 1 month back I also have sore throat for 2 to 3 weeks but after taking medicine it got healed. In these 3 month I also got 2 to 3 warts which also got healed by itself and one with applying glycerine. I also have little bit of cough sometimes. Sometime my ear also tingles. There is no loss of weight in me. The inner side of mouth from where the food pipe start is all reddish. One thing I noticed is that from some days for sometime when I wash my face my lips become white that white thing is like skin which comes out easily. So I want to know that what can be this. I am worried about it. Can it be tonsils or throat cancer.
Good Morning sir/madam, My father 45 suffering from dizziness, fear weight loss at mid nights, early morning, but bp is always normal. He was going to walking daily. He used teldawn-20 some times. He addicted to youtube always. My question is this one mobile side effects or tablet effects or anything sir?
I am 26 years old, I have strep throat problem since 8 years, it is causing more pain during winter with sneezing problem also, I had taken the homeopathy treatment but it will not work, could you pls suggest some remedies.
Please suggest me best medicine for throat ache pinching like needle and difficult to swallow with shivering fever 102 feel loss of energy.
Sir I have some problems in my mouth in right side near the ear where ligaments are present when I open my mouth there is some noise but not pain in the joint please consult me I am highly thankful for you.
I have Nasal blockage,breath problem in night and snoring occurred.Please suggest something for that.
I have pain in my ears when I listen to loud music for too long. How to cure this problem immediately?
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!