Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SubbalakshmiYour feedback matters!
My baby is 1 month old, I want to know the baby care products, which brand is best? Especially which cream should I use for my baby?
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.
My son 5 month usually give out milk in the form of curd. Is there any problem of digestion. Pls advice.
My question is about my daughter, now she is 3 year 3 month old, yesterday she was good but by evening suddenly she suffer from fever & her body temperature increase up to 104.6 F in just half an hour. After giving medicine paracetamol (crocin) & bath with cold water. Her temperature decrease up to 99 to 100F in 3 /4 hour times. Now she is fine. I want to know the reason for such fever which come suddenly with high temperature to normal kids.
My daughter is 10 years old and she has flat foot problem what should I do can you please suggest me
My 3 years old child is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My son was clapped by his dad on my sons back and thrown on chair after he cut his sisters hair. I recall my son crawling away and his dad running after him and clapping him on his back some more. Another occasion he put a whole pepper in his mouth because he was annoyed by his son. My son was diagnosed by PTSD. My son is petrified of seeing his dad and cries at the mention of seeing him. He talks of running away. As a result he pees and messes himself up. His dad wants to see him. His dad has admitted to having a anger problem. Do I force my son to go visit with him. I am concerned about his emotional wellbeing. What am I to do.
Hi my 22 days old baby got red dots means like small small boil on neck back five days now neck part is clear and it spreaded to face let me know any solution.
My Daughter is 3.5 year old. But most of the teeth have cavity, some of them got damaged from sides also. Please suggest what we should do in his case.
Can I give yogurt dahi to my 10 months old son? And where do I get wheat grass? What all food I can give to my son.
My daughter is unable to express herself with words instead she communicates with gestures. Her date of birth is 06-08-2015 and she weighs about 10 kilos. Is it normal for a two year old to utter only a few words or is it something to worry? Please help.
My 1 year 7 months old daughter is suffering from Dengue. She is not eating or drinking anything at all today. Even while sleeping, she is not taking milk. I am giving her two to three spoons of fluid item every fifteen to twenty minutes. But what can I do to at least make her drink milk. Her platelets yesterday were around three Lacs and pcv count was 36.
My son of 4 years weighing 14 kg has been diagnosed with urine infection of proteins mirabilis. He is given piptaz 1.4 gm twice daily and omnikacin 150 mg through IV for 10 days. So a canula has been inserted in his hands. Considering his age can you please guide what could be the possible reason of this infection and whether this is recurring. What can I do to prevent the side effects of these medicines on him and make him healthy.
My 7 months old baby girl is putting pressure while urinating like as if she is pooping. Is it because of uti. She groans and makes sound of strain while peeing. Kindly tell me the reason.
My 3 year old is sick with a Temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Lactose intolerance is a condition wherein you are not able to digest lactose, which is a sugar found in milk. Other foods that contain lactose include cheese and ice-cream. Inadequate production of the lactase enzyme in children causes lactose intolerance. This enzyme is produced in the intestine that helps in the digestion of lactose.
Lactose intolerance is often confused with milk intolerance. The symptoms are similar but they do not share the same cause. Milk allergy is an adverse reaction towards milk and it is a problem of the immune system, whereas lactose intolerance involves the digestive system.
The symptoms of lactose intolerance are:
Bloating; on consumption of milk over a period of time
Diarrhea is also very common
It is self -diagnosable; just strike out foods containing lactose from your child’s diet and see if the symptoms get better with time. If the symptoms happen to fade away gradually, then it certainly must’ve been lactose intolerance.
However, it can be tricky as many non-dairy products also contain lactose.
If the child is lactose intolerant, then he/she might have to undergo a lactose breath test. This is used to test the levels of hydrogen in the child’s breath after the child consumes a lactose solution. Usually, hydrogen levels are low in one’s breath. However, if the lactose solution is not digested properly, then it will lead to a temporary increase in the levels of hydrogen in the breath, thus indicating lactose intolerance.
This disorder does not have a cure; so in case your child has lactose intolerance, you need to adjust his/her diet accordingly. Over-the-counter lactase is also available that helps in digesting lactose based foods. You can also go for the ‘lactose- free’ milk variety for your child.
My 3 years son is suffering with UTI 3rd time in last 6 months. Want to seek specialist advice in Delhi/NCR as my paediatric is unable to get the root cause of infection. Kindly help at earliest.
My daughter is 5 months 22 days old. Need to start the diet for her thought of cerelac but there are so many variants available so I got confused. Please suggest which would be best for her and also suggest some good diet plan. Thank you.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"