Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SubbaiahYour feedback matters!
Sir mere ear ke piche cancer ki ganth ho gae hai mujhe jo jo bhi dawai leni hai mujhe likhkar bhejen please please please mujhe likhkar bhejo?
I am 27 years old female, unmarried, i'm having problem with my left breast its swollen and very paining and the paining was starting since my teen age. So please give me suggestion what should I do and what happen to me.
Hello Dr. My ultrasound report says- Liver- is mildly enlarged however of normal echoes GB, SPLEEN,PANCREAS, BOTH KIDNEY, urinary BLADDER AND PROSTATE are NORMAL. IMPRESSION- 1-mild nonspecific hepatomegaly. 2-Mild gaseous distended small bowel loops seen in mid to lower ABDOMEN. 3-Wall thickness and peristalsis of small and large bowel loops are normal. 4-Grossly normal scan of kub region and rest of abdominal organs. Plzz sugg. Me.
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on the cervix grow out of control. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Cervical Cancer is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any symptoms.
Most adults have been infected with HPV at some time. An infection may go away on its own. But sometimes it can lead to cervical cancer. That's why it's important for women to have regular screening. A screening can find changes in cervical cells before they turn into cancer. If you treat these cell changes, you may prevent cervical cancer.
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer may include:
- Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal, such as bleeding between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
- Persistent abnormal discharge.
Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecologic cancer to prevent, with regular screening tests and follow-up. Two screening tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early:
- The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
- The HPV test looks for the virus (human papillomavirus) that can cause these cell changes.
When to Get Screened
You should start getting regular Pap tests at age 21. The Pap test, which screens for cervical cancer, is one of the most reliable and effective cancer screening tests available. The Pap test is the best way to find cervical cell changes that can lead to cervical cancer. Regular Pap tests almost always show these cell changes before they turn into cancer. It's important to follow up with your doctor after any abnormal Pap test result so you can treat abnormal cell changes. This may help prevent cervical cancer.
In spite of being a fatal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that deal with this problem effectively. Some of them are:
1. Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed treatment to cure cervical cancer is surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic nymph nodes.
2. Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to destroy them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
A21×7 sized and 18×6mmsized lymph node seen in right and left axilla respectively with fatty hilum likely reactive. Both breast are composed of thickened fibroglandular parenchyma & fibro fatty storma, increased in proportion of this age and pArity. Can it be a risk of breast cancer. please help me. I am feeling pain and tightness in breast with acute fever.
I am 27 years old married lady. I have big breasts and I am uncomfortable with it. Kindly suggest a safe way.
My mothers age is 54 years. Before 5-6 months she found a tumor on her left under arm. After checkup and ct scan it is found that she is suffering from breast cancer having tumor on right breast right (metastatic carcinoma, iv stage). We are taking treatment from bhagwan mahaveer cancer hospital. After 6 times chemo the doctors found that the tumor size on breast is increased, so now they are using target therapy. After this report they refused for operation because of fast growing cancerous cells. And told us the only option is chemo, hormonal and target therapy and also said it is not curable they are only trying to stop the speed of cancer. Please sir help us and guide us what to do next.
I am giving Dabur Real packed juices to my Father suffering from tongue cancer. Is it good. Because in this season we can't get the juice of grapes and some other fruits. Is this packed juice has the same benefit as natural juice.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.