Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Stephen
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. StephenYour feedback matters!
My hands shiver in normal conditions Sometimes. I also fumble Blood pressure is normal No thyroid disorders as well.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
1. Skin contact
2. It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
3. Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
1. The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
2. The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
3. The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
1. The skin must be kept dry and clean.
2. Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
3. Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
4. To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
5. If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.
I am 15 years old boy and I haven't slept for 2 days and now my head is aching, what to do? please help me.
Sir I diagnosed tuberculoma 34**27 mm in right cerebellar of brain. Dr. prescribed me to take medicines for 18 months. I continued taking six medicines that is pyzina 1500 mg, r cinex, combutol 1200 mg, broadbact 400 mg, betadine 40 half tab, alentra dsr. After 3 months Dr. stopped alentra dsr nd combutol. And then two months he stopped pyzina. And now after total treatment of six months he stopped broadbact. Then he prescribed me to do a MRI. MRI shows that the lesion in my brain now reduced 34**27 mm to 20**18 mm. And now he prescribed me to continue with r- cinex and betadine. My qus is should I continued taking broadbact for few months more or I should stopped it after 6 months.
From past 2 days m not able to concentrate on sex, my penis is not getting hard after several attempts, I don't know what is happening Please suggest what is the issue.
Hello doctor, my father had a paralytic attack (right hand, right leg and voice) due to high bp and sugar levels couple of months back. We are advised to take mixtard (30/70) insulin in the morning (20 units) and night (14 units) 30mins before food. The current levels are 151 mg before breakfast and 278 mg after 2 hours of the break fast. It seems to be not under control as we have started using the insulin from 4 days. Is it ok that sugar levels remain high and slowly might come down in some days or should we increase the dosage to 24 units in the morning and 16 units in the evening (suggested by the doctor in case sugar levels are not under control). Also please suggest some vegetarian foods for the patient as he has high bp, diabetes and blood clotting. Thanks for your kind help.
Sir,Age: 22, I am writing this to when I sleep at night I see so many dreams .And I will make some scary noises for some time (at least 1 or 2 mini. When wake up in the morning I don't know what dream was I saw at night. Sir what is the reason for this?
I am 23 year old female, I have been gaining weight at a very fast pace, I have gained almost 20 kgs in past 4 months, I got a thyroid test also. I do not have thyroid, I do not know what possible reason there is, in addition to it I have joint pain and as the day progresses I have shortness of breath, I am feeling tired all the time, I am less energetic as compared to before, recently I have seen swelling in my feet at the end of day. Kindly consult as to what I could possibly have.
Since 5 years I have been sleeping at 5 o clock in the morning, now I want to reset my cycle and want to sleep at 11 o clock at night but I can't! I tried waking even I tried not to sleep the whole day but I end up sleeping in the morning! what should I do?
What is the symptoms of aids. And how will it effects the human health? and what precaution should be take to prevent from this?
Erectile Dysfunction is a condition characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough to indulge in intercourse. This condition tends to have an adverse impact on any intimate relationship, not to forget one’s psychological well-being.
Erectile dysfunction can occur due to numerous physical or psychological factors. Sometimes, this condition can develop because of underlying medical conditions, such as hypertension, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol, diabetes, anemia, obesity, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
A history of alcoholism or drug abuse just magnifies the risks of this disorder. Psychological or physical trauma, anxiety or stress can also be possible causes for such a disorder. Subconscious sexual aversion towards the partner can also trigger erectile dysfunction.
The most effective preparations to cure ED are as follows:
Consuming a glass of pomegranate juice on a regular basis (it is loaded with antioxidants and increase the blood flow to the genitals) might help restore lost sex drive.
A prescribed dosage of Jeera powder (that is high in Zinc and potassium content) can help increase blood flow to one’s genitals, thus averting this condition.
A glass of warm milk with drumstick flowers in it can work wonders if it is consumed on a daily basis for 2-3 months.
Consuming a concoction of 2 tablespoons of ginger paste and 2-3 tablespoons of honey thrice a day will provide an effective cure for erectile dysfunction.
- A regulated consumption of the ‘Ashwagandha’ herb can be extremely helpful to get rid of the disorder.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have low acid in the stomach and feeling symptoms of acid reflux for past 2 years. please tell me a betadine hcl supplement to improve my digestion.
Is natural honey food for diabetics. I have type-2 diabetes and I consume hitkari honey and cinnamon daily in the morning and evening. Is it safe to take honey in diabetes.
Im 25years male, Do kegel exercise and jalquing really helps in increasing size of penis after 25 yrs? Do penis enlargement exercise really works?
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.