Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I have a problem with thyroid so give suggestions how to cure and what are the medicine should I take.
Pls let me know if a diabetic patients can consume a bear and at what qty and of which brand available in mumbai - india also pls let me know the no of days to be consume. Days months years .
My father having diabetes since last 2 years approximately and he lost lot of weight n getting weaker, in fact he don't takes sugar and all that. Do I know the best way to overcome from this problem rapidly? please suggest me.
Hi how we can control diabetes I'm 56 and I want to control it so kindly advice me in reducing my weight and lead a very happy life.
My mother is 35 and having sugar. What she must do to be in control and have a healthy life. Some times she sleeps more. Is thus because of sugar? Please give any suggestions.
I am a 30 years old male and am a diabetic patient but what should I do the food control? Please tell me.
If a child is infected by diabetes type 1 is it possible that his mother had some problems during pregnancy because there is no family history of this disease. Please advise.
I have done a thyroid test through Lybrate my report is (T3)=123 (T4)=8.1 (TSH)=2.74 THIS IN MY FIRST REPORT DOES THIS REPORT IS NORMAL MY MOM HAVE thyroid BUT THIS REPORT IS MINE.
Due to overweight my sugar levels are high, right now I am taking every day 1 tab (Glyred-M) before food at night time. After 1 month I noticed FBS Is between 80-100 After food is 120-140, but I don't have proper energy to do my work.
The symptoms are diabetes as under:
1) Polyuria : Excessive urine formation
2) Polydipsia ; Excessive thirst
3) Weight loss
4) Delayed wound healing
This symptoms are seen in full blown cases where blood sugar levels are very high . All cases od diabetes may not show this symptoms. These symptoms are produces mainly diabetic patient excrete lot of glucose in their urine. In fact the name diabetes means sweet urine.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- you and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- you are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.