Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SrivatsanYour feedback matters!
I have an eye sight of 2 & 2.5 for right and left eyes respectively . I'm using spectacles from past 6 years . So, that my skin under the eyes became black (dark circles) . I want to get rid of this specs by choosing contact lens (1 years disposal) . Could you please suggest , how to use them . Does , they remove when I'm going to sleep , face wash ?
Hello Doctor's My Question is, My skin is very sensitive and oily. I am facing a regular problem of acne and pimples on my skin and as time passed I am having several pimple scars and large pores on my skin and as now I am pursuing a professional career regular shaving is adversely affecting my skin. What should I do for its remedy? Kindly post me your suggestions. Eagerly waiting for your response. Regards Umesh Vyas.
Hlo respected sir or madam My face, foots nd hands always hot please give me some home treatments to get rid from this hotness of hands foots nd face please hlp me.
I'm suffered chickenpox last month but now pox leave some black spot and scar on my face, hand and everywhere in my body suggest some medicine or cream.
Hi doctor, I am trying all ways to improve my skin tone to be even to match my body color it's fair when compared to face. As per dermatologist I have used list of Skin lightening cream like biluma, golite, adalpene, livelite and kojivit ultra but no use instead my skin become darker and I can see scars are appearing on face after using this creams. I stopped all this creams and started home remedies they are pretty good I am using curd and tumeric on face and at night vitamin E and olive oil with aloe Vera gel on face Can you please suggest me some safe and effective skin lightening without any side effects. I don't want to go for chemical peel and laser treatment due to my skin sensitivity and I am getting engaged I don't want to take any chance now. I am using Photostable sunscreen and good health diet like veg food ,8 hr slp drink water. I would be really thankful if you can advise me on same.
Hi, I am in age of 27 and I have side pain in only lump of my breast when I am pressing it .Is it normal or should I consult it with doctor.
I am having pain and feel like something cover on head and it start from mid noon to til night. While I am looking to light it make irritable to me .it seems to me that suddenly coming from dark to light. In darkness feel better.
Exposure to sun's rays allows the skin to absorb produce vitamin D in the body, however, overexposure to the same can wreak havoc on your skin. So the next time you are going out, consider the effects of sun overexposure on the skin and take precautions accordingly.
Over exposure to the sun's rays can fasten the ageing process in the body. It does this by damaging the fiber in the skin that makes the skin elastic, resulting in sagging skin. It also slows down the healing process of the skin, thus cuts and bruises take longer time to heal.
Following are the various ways in which the sun can cause real damage to your skin:
- It may lead to benign tumors on the skin
- It may decrease the immunity levels of the skin, thus increasing the risk of various diseases such as basal skin carcinoma (cancer of the cells lining the epidermal layer of the skin) and melanoma.
- It may cause wrinkles and fine lines on your skin
- It may cause discoloration of the skin, leading to spots on the skin
- You may also get affected by freckles on your skin
Over exposure to the sun's rays also increases the risk of skin cancer as it may lead to damage of the DNA present on the skin. This may lead to an unhindered growth of cells, resulting in skin cancer. Apart from this, sun exposure may also increase oiliness in the skin and lead to acne breakouts.
There are a number of measures you may adopt to reduce the harmful effects of sun rays on your skin; they are:
- Wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Prefer full sleeved clothes and full length trousers or skirts as they will prevent the skin from being overly exposed to the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF count of at least above 15 when you go out in the sun in order to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun.
- Remember to moisturize your skin as sun exposure may cause the skin to turn dry and flaky.
- Don't save your umbrellas only for rainy days, use them to avoid direct exposure to the sun.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger. Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Microdermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir, what happened when anyone test result is Hyperplastic leukoplakia. Which type of test is this? This test is related to my father lip muscles. My father age is 58 yrs.
Here are some queries related to laser hair reduction.
Hi, I am Dr. Nivedita Dadu, a dermatologist at Skinolgy Skin Clinic and today I'll be answering some queries on Laser Hair Reduction.
While most of us maybe thinking that hardcore hairs on the female face are only a cosmetic concern, the truth is that this could be an indication of underlying hormonal imbalance that needs to be diagnosed and treated. Anybody can get hair removal laser males or females but unwanted hair in female requires investigation.
Benefits of hair laser treatment include reduction in hair density and change in hair texture from hard cores dark hair to finer, fewer & lighter hair with longer hair free periods. If laser is being done by a trained dermatologist, take care that all necessary precautions like skin hydration and moisturization are taken and the parameter of laser decides according to your complexion and according to the type of hair and the body part that is being lasered then you can be assured of optimum results with no side effects.
For any further queries, you can contact directly or through Lybrate.