Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Srivatsa Gopal VyasarayaniYour feedback matters!
I am a 48 year old male always suffering from terrible body ache especially on legs and back what should I do? suffered from slip disc 7 yrs ago. I drive bike daily 30 kms to work is this the reason? please advise.
I am consulting for my mother she is about 37 year old and her problem is psychological She thinks that in out neighborhood a man is sitting and spying on us and he hears what we say in our house she says she hears person saying same sentence that we say in our house And seriously my father and me don't hear any thing Sometimes she says some boys come in a car abuse us and go away She keep saying that pg in house facing us always say "pani nhi dalla pani nahi dalla" and abuse us She get aggressive 2 to 3 times at day at anybody and says he was saying" sa safaie saf safai" And me and my dad says :what! And she leaves without saying anything She shouts loud at standing at windows to people she think are spying on us After this thing continued for weeks I did some digging and I was thinking about schizophrenia I just needed a professional opinion And it will be your kind help if I get a reply.
Since 4 years I am in relation with Girl. From few days She is not Good with me. Can any one please give suggestion how to Forget that person and divert from her.
I want to ask you that I am feeling so uncertain about what my partner is doing like I am feeling so deep core thinking about wrong. I was unable to eat & my heart sinks about think wrong that my partner is cheating on me. I am unable to concentrate on any work I always think ab my partner (my girl) that what is she doing. Is she going out with someone else. Whenever she do not pick my call I feel so scared. I thought negative & unable to connect with anyone. Kindly help me in this how to keep my mind cool and a genuine person.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.