Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SrivastaYour feedback matters!
I have sugar last three years and have seen almost all hospitals but I could not over it what should I do.
Hii my name nurrudin shaikh I have dibatis problem I mating all my diyte but from 2 my diabetes increased and so savior problem please help me Dr.
Hello . I am of Age 36. Diabetic since last 5 years. Obese. 101 kg weight. 5'11 height. Pls suggest me diat plan. Fasting 180 pp 230 Medicines Gluconorm G2
Common signs of thyroid in children
Hello, friends, I am doctor IPS Kochar, pediatric and adolescent diabetologist. Today I will talk about thyroid.
Parents are concerned about their children getting thyroid. There are a lot of children who are getting thyroid these days, not only that parents also have a thyroid. The parents are concerned whether the child will get thyroid or not. The function of the thyroid gland is to produce thyroxin. Day to day metabolism is dependant on thyroxine. Deficiency of thyroxine produces hyperthyroidism. If there is a deficiency of thyroxine there are certain symptoms. Lets us first start with a baby a newborn. There is a universal function of thyroxine done. The baby may be sleeping all the time, not taking the feed properly or in later childhood, the child may be gaining weight, the child may be lethargic, the child may have stunted growth. These are the things in a child when there is thyroid involved. Along with that, the child’s growth will be affected. a
If there are very high levels of TSH there is hyperthyroidism. If there is lot of problems the child will not work properly,
- The child will be chubby.
- Short height and these things will be there.
- Adolescent girls might get menstrual problems.
- you may have less and late period.
- A gain of weight
- Infertility problems.
- Dryness of the skin.
- Loss of hair.
These are symptoms if they are present in the children must be seen by a pediatric endocrinologist. There will be conditions where there will be an excess production of TSH. There TSH is less and thyroxine is more produced in the body. So there is hyperthyroidism, the function of the thyroid is more. The gland is functioning more. Commonly seen in girls overproduction of thyroxine leading to urticaria, preparation increasing, anxiety, weight loss and food stops affecting the body. If a child gets hyperthyroidism he has to take medication lifelong. So there is a myth that this medicine that you are taking it causes problems. It has no side-effect. It is not a disease but deficiency. There is no side effect in the medicine you are taking. If the child is feeling lethargic, and stunted growth is there you should consider hyperthyroidism and go to a pediatric endroconologist.
You can connect with me via lybrate.
1. Morning (break fast)
A. Millets with butter milk, raw onion
2. Lunch - rice with dhall, which includes compulsorily vegetables, green leaves, pulses on everyday with different varieties
3. Evening - boiled pulses, eggs.
4. Dinner- wheat items, this should be your 1/4 of your stomach. Not exceeding the limit and then take one cup of cow milk.
1. Packed drinks: cola, pepsi etc, milks, tinned foods, bakery foods
2. Don't use refined oils. Use oly blended groundnut and gingely oil.
3. Avoid non veg regularly (pork, mutton, chicken, beaf). It taken monthly once. But diabetes patients can take fishes regularly. If patients having hypertension avoid sea fish.
1. Do physical excise at early morning running, jogging, walking up to minimum 45 min. Regularly
2. Take your food as per your physical work.
Hi, sir /Madam My friend is Diabetic patient. Can he take jaggery with tea? Is jaggery good for diabetic patients? Thank you.
I am 21 year old male and I have diabetes problem so you should tell me how to fast control the my glucose level and how to gain my weight with in diabetes because my weight is loss?
My age is 26 years. My TSH count is 10.09 uiu/ml T3 Count is 1.07 and T4 count is 6.7 what should I do and what medicine I should take? Kindly answer.
My wife aged 59. I have flat foot and thyroid. I have terrible pain whenever I strain or work for more than 2 hrs. I could not stand and work for more han 2 hrs at a stretch. Can you suggest treatment.
I am 52 years old and suffering from diabetes and thyroid. The sugar level is almost normal (Fasting 100 to 140) (PP 150 to 165). Thyroid is also normal after proper medication. From last few months I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Kindly advise. Regards.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For diabetic patient which food is good to eat in veg in non veg dry fruit pulses fruit juice please tell in detail for each option.
My Father is suffering from diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, and he is also a heart patient. Tell me the diet for him. Please
Hi Doctor, I am a female of 45 years old. I am diabetic from 2 years. I am keeping it in control till now. But, I have got trigger finger to the middle finger which they say will go only by operation. Being diabetic I am scared to do so. Before it was there to the middle finger, but now I am facing the pain even in the thumb. Can you please suggest me to say is there any alternative other than operation. What best can I do. Thank you.
What are the symptoms of sugar? I am feel that very lazy and weak. I take more sweet and carbohydrate.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.