Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. SriramYour feedback matters!
I'm a girl 22 year old. Student.I don't know whether I'm depressed tensed or its anxiety. I ve issues regarding my studies. And I'm very much tensed about it. I don't know to whom I should be talking.
Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in thinking, emotion or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.
Mental health forms the basis of thinking, communication, learning, resilience, and self-esteem. Mental health is also key to relationships, personal and emotional well-being and contributing to community or society.
Many people who have a mental illness do not want to talk about it. But mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of! it is a medical condition, just like heart disease or diabetes. And mental health conditions are easily treatable with the right kind of treatment.
Mental illness does not discriminate; it can affect anyone regardless of your age, gender, income, social status, race/ethnicity, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation, background or another aspect of cultural identity. Mental illnesses take many forms. Some are fairly mild and only interfere in limited ways with daily life, such as certain phobias (abnormal fears). Other mental health conditions are so severe that a person may need care in a hospital.
I have habit of chewing tobacco. How to stop it. Is sudden stop can make me unhealthy. Please show me some home remedy.
I am 62 yrs old young man suffering of 1) instant anger 2) Drowsy/sleeping whol eday even after having full-night sleep 3) snoring with loud sound 4) sexual dissatisfaction due to early ejaculation Body weight 84kg and Height 1.72m BP 140mm / 95-100mm No diabetic once suffered/operated for Heart rhythm disorder.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.
I am a student of class 11. I am preparing for IIT JEE. On account of my studies I had to left my home. In my new house, I am facing a lots of mental difficulties. I am not getting as much concentration as I had earlier. Pls. Tell me how can I again gain my concentration.
I am 25 years old and I use to smoke and my lips are getting darker day by day please suggest me how can I get rid of it asap and make my lips pink?
Hello I could not control on my sex abilities when I see a girl I want to be sex with her I do not see any matter I just wana sex with her so please help me.
Hi Dr. I am 29 year old and I had masturbation habit since when I was 14th age also I do smoke but 2-3 per day but not regular. Now sometimes I feel I couldn't understand things what happening surrounding me and I feel I lost my memory for some time. When I feel like this I really get worried and go to wash room and I do wash my head after I come to normal. Since last 1 and half year it's happening. Kindly let me know why it's happening and how will I get rid from this. Is it a genetic issue as my father was a memory loss patient. Will it cause any serious issues in my feature. I am married and also have a 3 month baby .
Having Stomach ache after smoking, I need instant cure for now, as I quit smoking today, any instant tip to b out of this pain.
My mind does, t sleeps as I was always thinking about wats goin on, wat I did today, my life means I am not able to control my thoughts even during sleeping time so as result no sleep and always feeling sleepy tell me how to control my thoughts to get a sound and deep sleep.
I am 32 year old. I am get medicine from PGI SINCE 2011 psychiatrist. But I am in problem. Sleep problem, sadness.PLease do help
I am 21 year old. And my memory lose always. Is memory loss always a part of aging? How much loss is considered normal?
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
How to overcome from depression. I am suffering from last 2 months. My health is not good enough. What to do.
Doctor please help me out. One year earlier I was travelling in bike suddenly I felt like unconscious and I felt I will fell, anyhow I drove and reached home. I had bp problem but it was minor but that fear that I might fall some unknown place while driving my bike made me worry and slowly I stopped driving. Slowly this problem turned to fear of death and I overtime started thinking that going out, driving, might harm me. I really want to drive the bike but every time I start it the fear engulfs and that day scene comes in front of me. I just drive bike from my home to office that is 2 kms only. The moment I decide to go long drive I get tense, worried, fear increases. It feels I will die. Please help my age is 32, I want to enjoy the life again. Please doctor.
Doctor this question is about friendship I broke up my friendship for some reasons in past and my friends have tried a lot to reconstruct it but because of my attitude I do not talk to them it is like a demand and I came to know that they sacrifice for friendship now what should I do I want to see them always happy and don't want to hurt again?
Follow these simple ways for good EQ-
1) Get enough rest: Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function optimally.
2) Adopt good nutrition: The more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you can feel.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Aim for atleast30 minutes of exercise per day.
4) Get a dose of sunlight: Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of sun per day.
5) Limit alcohol and avoid cigarettes and other drugs. These are stimulants have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.