Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sripriya Rajan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sripriya RajanYour feedback matters!
Flax seeds or Linseeds have been used in Ayurvedic preparations for ages, because of their therapeutic properties.
Beauty benefits of Flax seeds:
Beautiful skin from the inside out: Flax seeds are a plant-based food composed mainly of omega-3 fatty acids, a nutrient that is known for providing many health benefits.
This nutrient is important for healthy growth, development and functionality of all body cells, and therefore also cells of skin and hair.
Slows down the body’s natural aging: Flax seed is the richest source of lignans in the plant world, which have been shown to slow down the body’s natural aging process both in women and men.
Improved Skin Healing: Flax seed is known to be an anti-inflammatory and aids in wound healing.
Flax oil can improve acne, psoriasis, rosacea and eczema.
Healthier Skin Tone: The essential fatty acids found in flax seeds helps in keeping your skin hydrated and smooth. The moisturizing effect of flax seed can help you avoid a dull-looking skin.
Protects Skin: The National Institute of Health states that by including flax seeds in your diet, you can protect and repair your skin from sun damage caused by ultra-violet rays.
Hi. I have black spots all over my face which are due to body heat. I have used so many natural products but no special effect. My face color also darken due to those spots. I want some natural process that will help me to clear these spot marks. Could you please suggest me something valuable?
Are you sick of people always telling you that you look exhausted. You get enough sleep and you drink lots of water but those dark circles still cause stares and make you look much older than you really are.
Dark circles is one of the major concerns for women seeking treatment for cosmetic reasons.
What are the reasons for dark circles?
It’s a combination of heredity and genetics, fatigue and dehydration, but most likely the culprit causing chronic dark circles is excess skin pigmentation which happens because of ethnic variation for Indian population.
Sun exposure increases the chances of dark circles.
Also, dark circles are related to dilated blood vessels and aging – which causes skin to thin and can darken the area. Unfortunately, to erase them completely is not possible. However, you can minimize their effects by knowing their causes, finding good solutions and choosing the right products.
How to treat them?
1) Protection: Use an SPF 30 sunscreen daily. A moisturizer as a base and a concealer can also be used to cover up as a protective layer ( camouflage + protection)
2) Diet changes: If you have puffy eye bags along with dark circles then reducing salt intake can help in reducing the puffiness.
3) Don't rub the eyes, as rubbing makes it darker
4) Use of eye brightening serums every night will help in reducing the lines around the eyes and eventually helps in fading the dark circles
5) A dermatologist's consultation and under eye treatments available at the dermatologist clinic should be considered if everything else fails.
I am having fishers for more than 5 months. I tried allopathic. But not cured. Then taken ayurvedic treatment. Now it is better. Is there any way to get out of this issue permanently.
Hello Doctor, I have peeled a skin on my nose that turns into red does it becomes black in colour tell me the remedy.
I am suffering skin disease from 21/03/2017 back side from neck to backbone. Rashes are coming and no itch but severe pain. After Some time Rashes are not there but PAIN also coming only backside from Neck bottom to spiral bone. I am consulted so any dermatologists but no one help to cure my disease. After 1 day I am going Govt. HOSPITAL for getting 2nd opinion doctor advised to Skin Biopsy and Skin smear test. Biopsy sample taken at near spiral bone. Skin smear test sample taken near both ears. Skin smear test Result is Negative. Doctor said to wait for 10 DAYS for Biopsy result what I do. My Biopsy Result Possibility of Madrid Borders Line Hansen's with clinical correlation. So please tell me which test is give best result for Getting Disease Result. How reduce my pain backside from bottom Neck to spiral bone. What I do. There is chance for Which kind of disease. Please Tell me another test to find Hansen's or not.
Exposure to the sun for a long period of time can result in several skin problems. They occur on the basis of heat, humidity and the rays of the sun. Here are the most common skin problems caused due to sun exposure:
- Sunburn: Sunburns occur as a result of overexposure of the skin to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin in the skin protects it from the sun’s rays, but in case of overexposure, melanin fails to work and sunburn is caused. The symptoms of sunburn include the skin turning red, burning in the affected areas, skin tightness and a sensation of itching. Severe symptoms are blisters, chills, fever and fatigue.
- Age spots: Age spots are caused due to overexposure to the sun. They are brown marks, which appear on the surface of the skin, especially in the arms, hands and other body parts. Age spots get more prevalent with ageing. Symptoms of this condition include brown and gray pigmentation on the skin surface. The pigmentation occurs in a circular shape and is flat on the skin.
- Photosensitivity: This condition is also known as sun allergy. People with photosensitivity are likely to get burned from sun exposure very easily, and symptoms of sunburn are observed. Symptoms include red and pink skin rashes accompanied by itching and burning. The area gets scaly and blistered.
- Moles: Moles occur commonly due to sun exposure. They may appear on any part of the body. Moles may vary from being harmless to cancerous. Common symptoms include raised skin and the skin tone changing into reddish brown or black. Moles are round in shape, and some moles are painful.
- Solar elastosis: This condition is commonly known wrinkles and occurs when the elastic tissues of the skin get deteriorated due to sun exposure. The skin turns limp on account of no strength of the tissues and collagen. Wrinkles appear, and the skin seems loose and sagging. Deep lines are formed on the skin.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer accounts for being the most severe and fatal result of prolonged exposure to the sun without any kind of protection. There are many forms of skin cancer. The most primary skin cancers include Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Polymorphous light eruption: This condition, known as PMLE in short, affects women between the age group of twenty to forty. It also occurs in light sensitive people who spend more time under the sun. Symptoms include a red or pink, bumpy rash and raised areas on the skin surface. Itchiness and dry patches are indicated.
A large number of skin problems occur due to long hours of sun exposure. Some of these are chronic problems, which require proper treatment.