Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivasan
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I am diagnosed with non hodgkin lymphoma of ALK 1NEGATIVE ANAPLASTIC LARGE CELL TYPE after radical debridement of infective left gluteal wound. I was diagnosed of gluteal region abscess six months back through MRI (oct 2015) l went for the surgery but after a month puss again started coming from same healed wound than second MRI showed abscess was still there. Went for second I&D surgery, but after a week puss started coming again. Third MRI showed abscess was still there than. Than I waited for a month and took dressing from a wound specialist and took HBOT session for a week. Than again went for MRI but this time MRI showed thick irregular tissues at left gluteal abscess. Which made me to go for third surgery. And after that debridement I am diagnosed lymphoma. But pet scan is showing clear. Need to know what dp do now as I am suggestedCHEOP CHEMO. If pet scan is clear even than one has to go through chemotherapy? Pls help.
Hello, I read an article today, that folic acid increases our cancer cells. And people from a cancer history should avoid. Of course there are some of my relatives have been diagnosed with cancer as well. I've been drinking folic acids for more than 3 years because of my losing memory and passing out issue. Now once I read the article I'm like kinda scared since its cancer! Is it really true?
Found a bean shaped mass on the right side of the soft palate between two mucosal skins/linings. That mass is visible when I open my mouth wide open and use a flashlight. Also I feel something is always stuck in my throat. I do not know if that mass is a tonsil or anything else. google up the symptoms and as obvious it showed mouth cancer. Been greatly worried about this. There is no pain or anything. Just got out of a really long cough and cold phase which lasted a little over two weeks. With the above mentioned description please give me an idea of what could it be. Is it really cancer?
Sir, what to do for prostrate first grade, what precautions should to take, and type of fruits should be taken.
I am new mom. I was not having sufficient milk production so my gynaecologist suggested me to discontinue feeding. I am having a lump in my breast since 8 days. Its very painful. I consulted two doctors but they suggested me to feed the baby. I am feeding the baby since two days but lump os increasing instead of melting down. I do not know what to do. After feeding the baby it pains too much.
Grading of brain cancer is entirely different as compared to the staging of other cancers in the body. Cancer in the breast, lung, colon etc. are staged depending on the possible spread, location of a tumor and lymph node involvement etc. However, brain tumors are graded based on the aggressiveness of the tumor cells under a microscope. The resect ability and the grade of the tumor cells guide a doctor on the treatment decisions. The decision of a brain surgery depends on factors such as the location, spread of a tumour and the general health of the patient.
Types of Brain Tumor Grading:
Grade 1 tumor- These sets of tumors are medically known as the juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma and subependymoma. They are slow growing and non-invasive. There is a likelihood of the patient getting cured with surgery.
Grade 2 tumor- These are brain tumors that do not possess dead cells as part of the tumour. But, they do portray a lot of abnormal cells. Tumors of this type can be categorized under oligodendroglioma, astrocytoma, and ependymoma.
Grade 3 tumor- Tumors of this type are graded based on the cell type of the cancer cells. For instance, an anaplastic astrocytoma is a grade 3 tumor that has no dead cells but possesses dividing cells. In contrast, anaplastic ependymoma and anaplastic oligodendroglioma are grade 3 tumor cells that have dead cells in them.
- Surgery- If the location of a brain tumor is such that it is accessible to a surgeon, the latter goes ahead and removes most of the tumor if not the whole. If, however, the brain tumor cells are placed very near to the surrounding very sensitive brain tissues, a doctor might remove a small portion of the tumor to curb its growth.
- Radiation Therapy- This mode of treatment uses high energy X-ray beams to kill targeted cells of the brain. External beam radiation usually targets a small area of the brain. A whole brain radiation, on the other hand, is usually employed when a tumor has spread to most parts of the brain. Radiotherapy is now so evolved that it is highly targeted to tutor cells that kills cancer and spares normal brain.
- Chemotherapy- Chemotherapy employs drugs to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy can either be taken in the form of an IV or in the form of pills. The dosage of chemotherapy is decided based on the concentration of cancer cells, spread frequency, platelet count of the patient etc. The most common chemotherapy drug that is prescribed by doctors to fight cancer cells is temozolomide.
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.
Hello, In connection to my smear test, I was asked to go for CA125 test and ultrasound as well. Report reads ca125 as 117 and scan reads normal.
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!