Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
My husband was detected kidney cancer and his one kidney was taken out last week, please suggest me diet and what care should be taken.
Aged is 53 years. I am a thyroid patient since 20 yrs, two years back I had breast cancer and am doing good after the surgery, chemotherapy and radiation course. Recently I had got thyroid profile test done and the results are as follows. T3 = 0.85, t4 = 13.71 and tssh = <0.006 presently I am taking 150 mg eltroxin tablets daily early morning. Please let me know is that correct does or shouls I change the dose. If so what dose should take now. Earlier when I was taking 200mg I was 67kgs and now I am 73 kgs. Please advise accordingly. Thanks in advance.
My father in law suffering from metastatic pancreatic cancer, any cure for this disease or what should we do now?
I am 40 years of age. I have got 37.6 grams of prostate & 14.7*17.0 mms anechoic cyst in left epididymal head of testis. What to do?
I am 19 years old female. I have some doubt about cancer symptoms that I face. First is that my breasts are different size. Right is larger than left. Some times the nipple retracted. And many hairs are surround the nipple. If it seen in women? and I feel some block in throat. After eating food I feel very disturbance. I test the thyroid test. It is normal. I am disturbed by these problems. If tese are the symptoms of cancer?
Doctors pls take it serious. My 1 testicle is larger than the other one is it normal .how can I check it's a cancer or not.
My mum has suddenly developed a gland in her left breast. Has been hurting since 5-6 days.in between got her checked by an MD, MbbS who advised to get USG sonography for tumour and now IFst to find out if its cancer. Sister says drops of water like coming out of her breast. Can someone please help me what this could be.
I am suffering alot bcz of breast pain since 2 years. I get the pain nearly at the position of my heart. Please suggest.
I am a 23 year old male with cancer I constantly have a loss of appetite and I get nauseous when I force myself to eat I have nights where I can not sleep and the nights I do sleep its not very long what should I do?
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate enlargement about 5 years ago. At that time I met concerned specialist in Hospital. He asked me whether I get up for urination in the night after sleep. I have informed that I do not get up in the night. As of now except for frequent urinary urge I have no issue. I am 61 years old. Once a year I am getting PSA test done Please advise.
Cancer is the scourge of modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only, if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.