Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
My father is 66 year's old and he was fight a gainest prostate cancer and spread in bones also resent psa is 12.6, so please advice for me a doctor's splesition opinion what can I do or I will taken treatment as continue.
Prostate is enlarged in size, interfaces are clear. No calculus or any focal SOL is seen. Prostate gland measures : 4.0 CMS * 3.6 CMS* 3.3 CMS. Prostatic wt - 25 gms. What to do. It can be diagnosed by medicine. Or not . Please help.
I am 28 years old male I am suffering from night fall since 2 months. Second I have small hard protrusion on my prostate which see white in colour from last one year.
What you have to cure cancer forever? Why there is not a Single method to cure cancer in its last stage? What about blood cancer? How to prevent cancer? And WHY we can't use small robo-cells to cure cancer, to help destroy cancer cells and strengthen healthy cells?
I am a female of age 16 yrs. I have just noticed that one of my breast is bigger than the other. I don't know from how many days it is. Why this is so? Is this any symptom of ovarian cyst or breast cancer? I am really very worried. Pls tell me.
CT scan shows cervix appears bulky. Does it necessarily mean cervical cancer. All info on Google is throwing up the same.
My mother is a cancer patients, she taking cancer treatment, but she have BP & Sugar heavy, she takes tablet also it not come control, you can suggest how to control both.
Hi, I got a small tumour on my tongue from past 4 Years. Once I had undergone operation to get rid of this but again after few months its starts growing. I have gone through some sites and I have seen some pictures which are close to my type and they are symptoms of oral cancer. Please suggest doctors.
My dad is detected with cancer 3rd time he is now diagnosed and cancer is in d-12 area of back. The tumor is very small .Doctor has suggested radiation therapy. Is it safe. Let me mention already my dad's stomach has been removed because of cancer which was diagnosed before. My dad's age is 47 .Please suggest something.
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
BIOPSY LARGE Terminal ileum and right colon, right hemicolectomy: - Adenocarcinoma, NOS. - Histologic Grade: Moderately differentiated. - Tumor Site: hepatic flexure. - Tumor Size: 4X3X3CM cm. - Tumor Configuration: infiltrative. - Angiolymphatic Invasion: Present (positive). - Perineural Invasion: Present (positive). - Tumor Border Configuration: Infiltrating. - Proximal Margin: Free of tumor (i. E. Negative) - Distal Margin: Free of tumor (i. E. Negative) - Pathologic Stage: pT3N0MX. - Lymph Nodes Involved: 00. - Lymph Nodes Examined: 06. Comments: -Adenomatous polyp with invasive carcinoma arising from the polyp at hepatic flexture. OPINION: ADENOCARCINOMA GRADE-2 STAGE pT3N0Mx. ***End of Report*** Please advise possible treatment, preferably homeopathy or ayurvedic.
I am a rectum cancer patient. I underwent surgery and removed colon and rectum. The biopsy report says my cancer stage is T3N1. My doc advised me to eat low fiber foods. I still have difficulty passing urine and motion. What all food I must include in my diet? What other treatment I have to undergo after this?
I am 24 suffering from prostatitis. Doctor give me 3 months of ofloxion 400mg. And veltam0. 4. I am 0n 77 day of antibiotic and 14 days left. But some irretation on bladder. I feel urine in bladder. What should I do.
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Canker sores can be said to be quite annoying, to say the very least. However, it is a relief to know that most of these sores are not a cause of concern. That being said, when a person has the opportunity to stop the sores from staying on, why should he or she not take it? In order to get to know how to treat canker sores, it is first important to understand what they are and how they are caused.
These sores mainly appear in children. The areas where they appear are the mouth and the tongue, in particular. One of the interesting things about canker sores is the fact that doctors do not know what the exact cause of these sores is. The symptoms of having canker sores include a possible tingling in the area in the run-up to the canker sore appearing, as well as painful red sores. It is to be kept in mind that these sores can develop either on their own or in groups.
Possible reasons why a person may have canker sores can include a bad diet, an infection and also a deficiency in terms of the intake of certain nutrients. One of the key nutrients happens to be folic acid. Iron and the vitamin B12 are not to be forgotten, either.
When a person would like to make an effort to reduce the pain and the discomfort which is associated with a canker sore, he or she should follow a routine in which after a meal is eaten, he or she should take some baking soda and mix it with a little bit of water. After this is done to a sufficient point to make a paste, he or she should apply it on the canker sores in the mouth. If an alternative is required, what could be used is a mix of water along with some hydrogen peroxide. This is to be followed up soon with some milk of magnesia.
The last thing a person wants is for an infection to strike the canker sores he or she may have. Not only is this quite uncomfortable, to say the very least, but there is also a longer time taken to the point of full recovery. In order to combat this, mouthwashes which include tetracycline are welcome. Also rinsing the mouth with a mix of warm water and salt is a smart move.