Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Hi I have prostate early stage am taking Urimax F Just wanted to know is prostate fully curable of I have stay on medication Rgds Js.
Am a blood cancer patient. Can I have sex with my wife without barriers. Will she get affected? Is she become pregnant. Will the baby too get affected?
Sir I want to know the symptoms of mouth cancer and if someone smoke once in week then is it possible chance of cancer. Sandeep.
My father has diabetes. Nd prostate operation done inspite of that there is urine inconsistencY nd he does not sense ať night he doing in bed so wht we do?
I am 37 yrs old. I feel pain in my chest region which is not within but I feel on muscles on ribs. This I feel at four five different points on my chest. The pain is mild and I can't see any enlarged lymps. Nothing was visible in the x ray and ct scan. Only a lymph node of 6.9 mm seen in the ct scan which the doctor whom I consulted ruled out to be normal and told me for follow up check up after 3 months. I am afraid of getting ill for example I i have a chest pain I run to a doctor thinking of having a heart attack, if pain in a head I think it may result to a stroke and if pain in the neck I am afraid of a throat cancer and the pain in chest not surrounding the heat region think of a lymph node desease. I am compleately going mad because all of this. Please help.
I went for a medical check up in may 2016. I am 47 years old. No first degree relatives having breast cancer. My mammogram showed regional puncuated microcalcifications. Since the calcifications were near chest wall radiologist said its not feasible to di biopsy. She suggested MRI and conclusion is fibrocystic disease and birads2. It explains I have no other abnormality. That means I do not have a problem? Is microcalcifications I have is not serious? I was asked to take ultrasound in sep 2016. Fibrocystic changes and it also says no evidence of microcalcifications. So now microcalcifications disappeared? I am worried a lot. Am advised to take A to Z gold capsule one per day and am taking it for the past 5 months. Is it good to take? Please confirm.
I have a small lump in my left breast since 2 years. Also a serous discharge is coming out from nipple while pressing. No dimpling and pain. Is it a carcinoma or fibroadenoma? The amount of discharge is hardly one drop. Whether it s a carcinoma? Need a surgery?
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult a doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.