Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cone Biopsy
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Does Chewing tobacco causes any chronic disease (cancer etc). I have heard from many old people stating that "i have been chewing tobacco from past fifty years and nothing harmful has happened to me" Even people are saying that if you chew for 10 minutes for 10 times day then I won't be harmful. Please clarify my doubt. Thank you.
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.
Mere breasts mei hmesha pain rhta hai or bhot heavy sa feel hota hai. Jb letne k baad uthti hu to bhot dard hota hai.
I am 34. Having or suffering from small Rasouli in hand. What is the best way to get it of? Apart from operation.
My Father had a tongue cancer treatment of radiation recently of 32 sittings now after completion of that radiation process he is suffering from severe pain of tongue and cheeks how to overcome it please doctors give me suggestions.
Sir/Madam, My Mother is 64 years old face cervix cancer 3rd stage from last five month we will complete the full treatment end of brohyotheraphy, last 20 days she will insures in RT numerous (broken) will check and operate and insert a plate also now after operation of 20 days ago she doesn't get any food, and also not for walking. Can you please help me any suggestion as well medicine.
My brother who is 83 years old is suffering from urinary problem. He isw able to pass urine without any burning sensation-no blood coming. Doctor diagnosed this as a problem of prostrate cancer. Accordingly biopsy was done. I give below their observation" The histologic findings are suspicious of prostrate adenocarcinoma (gleason score 3 3=6. Close correlation withTRUS findings andSOS repeat Biopsy is recommended" Pls advise what is this and what treatment you suggest. Does this confirm that there is cancer. Pls advise.
Today is the WORLD CANCER DAY and the theme of this year is "We can, I can".... Yes we all can battle the cancer. But the irony is that majority of women ignore early signs and symptoms of cancer and do not consult doctors in time. And even some of these cancers are preventable if proper action is taken.
- What will you do if you feel gaseous distension (gas, bloating), acidity, constipation, change in bowel habit, decreased appetite, feeling of full stomach, weight loss and abdominal swellling? Majority of the women ignore these symptoms and take antacids before it is too late. But these are often symptoms of early ovarian cancer and thus if you ignore these symptoms, you are harming yourself. Ovarian cancer is difficult to treat if detected at late stage. But in early stage, it is curable. So, don't ignore these symptoms.
- Who are the women at risk of ovarian cancer- women who are not having baby, who themselves or close relatives (sister/ mother/ daughter) had history of cancer in breast/ ovary/ bowel/ uterus etc. But some women are at lower risk like those using Oral Contraceptive Pills- OCP(- the birth control pills can reduce the risk by 50%) and who had tubal ligation (permanent family lanning methods).
- If you had such risk factors, you must not avoid any such above mentioned symptoms. Rather you should consult gynecologist early. Ovarian cancer can be detected by ultrasound, CT scan, some blood tests (CA 125) and some cases biopsy may be needed. And remember, majority of the ovarian diseases are NOT cancer but you must be sure that it's not cancer causing your problem.
- If ovarian cancer is diagnosed, the treatment is surgery (to be done by expert personnels) and most of the women need chemotherapy.
- Ovarian cancer is common in elderly women but it can afect younger women also. So, all the women should take care of the above mentioned symptoms
Cancer of Cervix: Cervix is the mouth of the terus. In our country, this is the COMMONEST CANCER in GYNAECOLOGY affecting women whereas it is uncommon in the Western countries. The irony is that women die of this disease whereas it is TOTALLY PREVENTABLE
- It is caused by a virus (human papilloma virus- HPV) that is sexually transmitted (so afects sexually active women). But it has a peculiar feature that before cancer actually occurs, there is precancerous stage- when the cells of cervix shows some changes that we can detect and treat. So, if women regularly consult doctor (WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS), we can check if she is at risk of cervical cancer or not, by some simple tests (Pap Smear, HPV testing etc). Is such changes are found (that is not cancer) we can treat her so that she does not develop cancer. These method of detection, before disease occurs or before an individual feels that she is having disease, is called "Screening".
- Another method of preventing it is vaccination of HPV, that should be given to the adolescent girls before they become sexually active. Even it can be given in older women (who are sexually active), although the response is somehow lower than if given at early age. But vaccination is not alternative to screening. SO, both screening and vaccination should be done to prevent this cancer.
- Even if detected at early stage, it is totally curable. So, women should not ignore symptoms of excessive vaginal discharge (remember, all excessive discharges are not due to cancer), abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding, bleeding occuring unredictably in between menstrualtion, bleeding after intercourse etc.
- It is treated by surgery and some cases may need radiation also.
Cancer of uterus
- Cancer of uterus is common after 50 years of age (although can occur at early years also). It is the commonest gynaecological cancer in the Western World. It mainly occurs in women who are obese (excessive weight), having diabetes or hypertension (high blood pressure), not having any baby, who are having personal or family history of cancer in uterus/ breast/ ovary/ bowel.
- It can be prevented by taking OCP (birth control pils) and controlling weight. In many cases, it is also preceeded by some precancerous changes (hyperplasia) that can be detected by ultrasonography and if needed small biopsy procedure.
- The common symptoms are abnormal heavy bleeding and bleeding after attaining menopause (after totall stoppage of menses). So, any abnormal menstrual bleeding must be properly investigated.
- It is usually well curable if treated early- by surgery and in few cases, may need radiation, chemo or hormone therapy.
Cancer of Vulva: The external genitalia of female is known as vulva. Cancer in vulva is relatively uncommon but still it can happen, especially those who are having diabetes, HIV positive or those having poor hygiene.
- Never ignore any symptoms of excessive itching in your private parts. It may be the early symptom of vulval cancer. Some cases, patient may have ulcer or tumour or bleeding.
- It can be detected easily by examination by doctor and then taking biopsy. It is treated well with surgery and some cases, radiation may be needed.
Sumary: Majority of the gynaecological cacers are preventable. They can be diagnosed early if women consult doctor at early stage. Majority of them respond to treatment.
I have cyst in both breast and it is painful . mammography done previous year . Radiologist says go for prolactin test . I took cabergoline and belong tablets from last 1 year. Getting relief during treatment of cabergoline . But what about cyst . How can it be removed . How long cabergoline should be taken . I have tested prolactin 3 to 4 times it level is below 5 now now. 15 days before menses breasts gets bulky with pain and it regularly increases and during menses it increase in size and increased pain. After menses breast relax and pain also decreases. Please help doctor. Abdominal and pelvic region increased now . Cabergoline helps in everything. Now how to cure it completely.
Hello doctor my wife facing breast pain, it coming suddenly or if something/someone hits her breast accidentally, of course when iam squeezing her breast I feeling some kind of small hard thing in side, and she says its paining why is this happening? Please give me description for her, and suggestion.
Angelina jolie's revelation for her family history of cancer and brca mutations has really benefitted genetic labs, who are getting more and more requests for brca testing from doctors and patients.
The point which everyone is missing out on is that not every patient with breast cancer requires this test. Another important thing which is being left out is the pre-test counseling, which highlights the implications of a positive and negative test.
In India, the test has to be offered judiciously because indian ladies will not readily agree for bilateral mastectomies or salpingo-oophrectomies, if the test comes positive.
It is best to consult your breast onco-surgeon or genetic counselor before ordering these tests.