Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my wife facing breast pain, it coming suddenly or if something/someone hits her breast accidentally, of course when iam squeezing her breast I feeling some kind of small hard thing in side, and she says its paining why is this happening? Please give me description for her, and suggestion.
Iam a 21 year old girl. 3 year before I felt a lump in my breast and consulted a doctor. She told it is fibroid. I hav taken medicines like primesome, evion and all. Now I am not able to write properly with my hands due to some difficulty. I hand pain om the bones near neck. Feeling tired and some pain and itching on vaginal area. The skin of my breast have changed like old womens and scailness of skin is there. please give an advice.
Prostrate issue for long time since 10 years early morning when I get up the bladder is full and take some time to empty it.
Sir, I am rahul Raj. I am 20 Yr old. Nd my mausi has blood cancer. What is the process of cure of these diseases.
My mother is 74 years old. Has been recently diagnosed breast cancer. What are good options for cure in Mumbai and at what cost. Though she is also diabetic but it is under control and in normal health condition. Shall I prefer surgery or else. What are latest technology applicable in my case .Please Answer.
I won to know about cancer please know me all detail because of I can helt anybody and can helt of cancer presents.
I am 70 years old male. What should be blood urea level in my body my s. Creatinine is 1. 4. My ultra sound exams for prostate reads post void 5 ml. Please advise.
I have listened that falling of hair is one of the symptom of cancer. Is it really the only symptom by which we can regonize it? What are the early symptoms or starting symptoms for recognizing cancer?
I am 27 years old guy. I've a lump in right hand near biceps. Its neither different in colour nor paining. But i'm in concern regarding that. So what should I want to do. Is there any ointments available for dissolving that.
I have a small lump in my left breast since 2 years. Also a serous discharge is coming out from nipple while pressing. No dimpling and pain. Is it a carcinoma or fibroadenoma? The amount of discharge is hardly one drop. Whether it s a carcinoma? Need a surgery?
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells