Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivasan L V
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivasan L VYour feedback matters!
Hi, Doctor I am 25 year old male, and seeking to very serious problem of ANUS SWELLING because of External hemorrhoids. I am facing this problem since +2 year, some times it get well itself when I used to consume Himalaya Pilex Tablets but after some time it get worst. So my every morning is to worst, because I always have to face difficulty during poop. So please help me and tell me the solution as possible? With Permanent Cure.
I had BMG urethroplasty a year ago now I have diagnosed with UTI second time in a month. I have been told that becoz of this surgery and bladder diverticulum which I had after surgery. UI will get UTI Frequently. Is it true. How to get away from uti.
Doctor I am fèeling swear pain in the tip of urine point. For the last 5 year same problem come again and again after 2-3 month. Kidney stone also give many time problem. Some doctor say its urinary tract infection. Some doctor give me pyridium-200. Pain killer Drotin Ds. voveran 100. Superspas not give me relief. Homeopathy med. Also taken .but not permanent solution. Suggest me what to do. I.m.not sugar patient. Arbitel 20. For bp taken for 2 year.
Sir I am 50 years old woman. I am suffering with recurrent urinary tract infected for the past one year. Subsides after taking antibiotics and returns after a few days your valuable advice please.
Hi, From few days I am facing urinal problem. Frequently urinal is making me sick. How to get rid of this?
Dr. I feel tense while I mingle with new people and frequently feel like urine but if I go only small amount of urine I go. please help me sir.
Dr. my have phosphates positive in urine test and before urine test if she eat she always vomit and nort feel hungry after we go. Hospital they told us phosphates positive Dr. this is any dangerous or it normal and she pregnant 2 and half month.
My father is 68 he is having kidney problems his creatinine is 8 can you please tell me any thing that can reduce this problem.
What are the do's and don't's for a female patient of 47 years who had stone in Urinary bladder but had successfully operation but for future prevention of recurrence of Stone in Urinary or Uterious.
I have weak rectum due to this I can not sit. Even on laying the intestine is strained. doctors advised first to pelvic exercises. I am doing exercise from last two months but there is no improvement. I want to know if the operation of rectum is successful or I should exercise for few more months. please give me advice.
I am 20 year old male I have having problem of constipation For that I have to go to the washroom 3or 4 times.
Hello doctor! My friend is experiencing an acute pain inside his anus opening. He is unable to even sit properly and it is very difficult to pass motions. There seem to be some boil inside the opening which is causing this. In fact it is little swollen also if you probe inside. From the outside nothing is visible. A few days back also he had experienced the same thing but that was only for a day or two. However then the boil was relatively outside and was reddish. He had applied betnovate c cream then and it was fine. But this does not seem to be working this time and he is in a very bad condition. It is paining a lot. Request your help.
What are the basic hints or start of kidney problems in diabetic patients & what precautions, tests are required. Pls elaborate with maximum guidance. Thanks Regards.
Screening for cancer of the colon or large intestine and rectum is a proven way of saving a person from the impact of colorectal diseases. This is partly because colon cancer is something that can be prevented if detected at an early stage and the polyps which may advance to cancer are removed properly. Thus if you are turning 50 soon, be prepared to present yourself for a screening colonoscopy that will help you ensure good health and well-being. It may sound uncanny, but do you know that 50,000 people across the world die from colorectal cancer every year, and it is ranked second in terms of cancer-centric deaths.
Understanding the importance of having colonoscopy: You may wonder how a painful, invasive, embarrassing, uncomfortable and time consuming a health test may be today. A screening colonoscopy is able to expose a cancerous tumour that's presently under way and cast light on chances and risk factors that may precede it. When you choose to intervene early, you have the power to nip those risks at their budding stage, much before those malicious cells become malignant.
Spreading of the colorectal cancer: Your large intestine is really a big and last organ of the gastrointestinal system where the small intestine discontinues. Its primary function is to remove the water out of the leftover solids of digestion and get rid of them in the form of stool. Cancer may start to develop anywhere within the tube that expands 5 feet long and squares the vacant area of the abdomen. The large intestine expands up towards the right side, i.e. the ascending colon and then turns left through the liver, i.e., the transverse colon cancer, bending down right at the spleen on its left, i.e. descending colon and loops to the middle, i.e., the sigmoid colon before it runs across the rectum and ends at the anus.
People who need a colonoscopy: To simplify matters, it can be said that all adults are at a potential risk of the colorectal cancer, including those people who lead a healthy life. But some people are at a higher risk. Those individuals have a specific gene mutation that predisposes them to develop into numerous polyps. The risk is also high with people who are first-degree relatives of a person diagnosed with cancer before the age of 50. People with Ulcerative colitis, various types of inflammatory bowel diseases and Crohn's disease are also at a higher risk.
Colorectal cancer is a serious ailment and screening colonoscopy is a feasible means of detecting any polyps that may be cancerous in the future. Speak with a reputed gastroenterologist today to stay ahead of the disease.
Kidney is a crucial detoxifying organ that performs a lot of functions including, absorption of minerals, filtration of blood and production of hormones and urine. It also helps your body to maintain a healthy PH level. Since kidney failure can prove to be fatal, it is essential to keep it healthy, to ensure smooth function of your system.
The following are the tips to ensure the health of your kidneys:
- Adequate intake of water: It is advised to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily, to help your kidneys function properly. Adequate intake of water ensures that your body is able to flush out the harmful toxins at regular intervals. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
- Control your blood pressure and blood sugar level: Diabetes is one of the major causes of kidney failure. It is recommended to control your blood sugar level on a regular basis to ensure healthy functioning of your kidney. People who have high level of blood sugar and blood pressure are more susceptible to suffer from kidney disorders.
- Quit tobacco: Accumulations of toxins in your body tend to have a harmful impact on not only your kidneys but also on your overall health. It is strictly recommended to quit smoking and using other forms of tobacco to protect your kidneys from damage.
- Reduce weight: Obesity and the problem of excessive body fat are harmful for your body in more than ways than one. Being overweight makes you more susceptible to develop kidney cancer. Therefore, it is advisable to lose a few kilos to ensure the proper functioning of your kidneys.
- Avoid intake of analgesics without prescription: Most analgesics have the tendency to be harsh on your kidneys. Ingestion of analgesics increases your risk of developing kidney cancer. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and acetaminophen are some of the analgesics, which are known to affect your kidneys in the long term. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid taking them without consulting a doctor.
- Include healthy food in your diet: If you increase the intake of green vegetables in your diet, it will help your body to accelerate the process of detoxification. Fruits and vegetables including watermelon, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onions provide considerable aid in removing the toxins out of your system. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!