Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivasan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a seasonal allergy this monsoon with runny nose and sneezing in most of the days . As medication, I am taking Livocet d twice a day and Nasoclear saline nasal drops 3 times . Is the medication good to continue?(On a general immunity boost I have added echinacea MT twice and vitamin c to my diet)
I am 25 years male, I having sinus problem from past 4 years, I have taken many medicines as well as I have done exercises but still I am facing problem. please suggest me what should I do.
I am 33 years old and I am suffering from severe throat infection from last four day. I am unable to speak, my voice has become very heavy and I am getting cough also. Now from morning I am having running nose also .I had azax-500 mg tablet last n before last night but still no change .can you please suggest me any medicine.
Iam 22 years old (male. I have listen to high volume at DJ sound system. Iam suffering from ear pain. What should I do.
1. I have this acute sinusitis, 2. I can not bear direct air blow, because it causes headache 3. When I sleep direct under fan I feel difficulty waking up in the morning as head feels heavy and head ache is felt 4. Most of the time my head feels heavy 5. Head ache occurs alternate days and at a time half head is affected 6. Most of the time I feel feverish although body temperature is under control 7. Even in summer I can not sleep without taking on blanket because I have this problem of direct air.
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face.