Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas K RaoYour feedback matters!
I have fever for more than 5 days and felling too lazy all the time and problem in breathing and eye red ness every time I am laying on the bed and now I am tired of this is this a infection or just a fever. Please help me.
I am 34 year old male from delhi. I am suffering from floaters in both eyes for about 16 months now. Otherwise my eyesight is perfect so I don't wear glasses. I have shown to a very reputed retina specialist twice and they say my eyes are ok. But they can not help for the floaters. Please advise.
Hello world doctor you mentioned ladies is good I heard that after lasik sometimes power increased and if we fall down no way to correct vision or by chance if we rub our eyes with hands it create infection how far it is true please inform we did all his test only his rating in corner it was turned they are saying they can first rectify he is both cylindrical and spherical eye.
Hello, I am an software engineer and I had to work on computer throughout day. My eyes soon get strained after half or one hour of work. Can this be because our office is in underground and it is lighted by dim LED lights?
I feel itching in my eyes in every summer & eyes gets red. It feels like dust or anything in eyes. Eyes feels watery. Water comes out There is no problem of vision I can see clearly But why eyes gets red everyday.
My eyes getting weak continuously. And am having more work on laptops so please suggest me something so I can save my eyes. Already I am having -3 number.
Hello Dr, please suggest me, My eyes becoming heat and red, very heat at night times, what can I do, for this clear my problem.
I have eye problem when iam watching movie or continuously reading paper. The problem is the eyes are burning and falling water from my eyes. So please give me remidity to my problem.
Bohat zyada surma lagane ki wjah se meri ankho se dhundla dikhai de raha hai aur Jalan se asun arahai hai left side kuch zyada jal raha hai please jaldi treatment bataye plz.
I am 22 year man before some days my eye pain and irritating is increase and sometimes drop tthe water what I do?
I have a problem in back at the age of 21 .i want to know the exact reason of such kinds of problems. please suggest me some yoga or exercise that I can do. And also have an eye sight problem .can you please tell me the reasons of this problem .and please suggest remedies .ill be every thankful to you for this .
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.