Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas KYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am 29 years old, I am a diabetic since 3 years I have taken medicine now I controlled my sugar level I have sexual problem it means I joined with my wife with in two minutes I released my. But no enjoyment what can I do?
I am 50 yrs old female. I have suffering from high uric acid 10.10. What medicine can I take to reduce the uric acid level and also tell the diet. Thanks.
I am 66 years veteran, Have T2 type diabetes for last 25 Years, Height 5'-2" Weight 50 Kg. Left Leg All five Toe Fingers imputed (Injured-Do Not Heal Quickly) Presently Sedentary Life Except Home Computer. request Suggest date, exercise, Preventive Medication. Presently Knees Have Became Weak, Walk With Help of Walker. Minor No. Specks for Reading only.
I am checking my Blood at home on Accuchek Machine, Presently taken Glycomet 850 MG twice after taking breakfast and dinner but problem is that my fasting sugar coming correct i, e 100 and after taking BF/Dinner it will comes 240 (taking after dinner near to 2 hrs) kindly advice me, I will take glycomet GP1 or taking sugar test near 2 hrs early. Pls advice on this at the earliest. Thanks.
What are the signs and symptoms of diabetes Type 2? What kind of treatment and diet should be followed.
How often a diebetic person can eat rice and I have some problem with my skin from past 1 yr, something like brown dots are appearing. What exactly the problem is?
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or In-vitro fertilization (IVF). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Banana no doubt is good and I iove it too. But can a diabetic patient take banana? If so how how much and if not why not. I wish a word or two could have been added for the diabetic patient.
Hi iam pregnant. My blood sugar level report shows 92. Lower than limit. Is it dangerous. What should I do.
Hi. I have hypothyroidism. I am gaining weight continuously. Whenever I am trying to do some exercise I feel fatigue n my body is very tired even if I use stairs from ground to second floor. Please help me through diet how can I reduce weight n let me know abt green coffee also.
Hello sir, I'm 25 year old female, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I'm currently on thyronorm tab 25mg, I even have excessive hair on my side burns and chin area. Please help!
I have uric acid in serum around 7.2 to 7.7 on an average but I do not have any impacting symptoms. What does it indicate? Does it require any further diagnosis/treatment and if yes, what type? Thanking you, Dr.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
- Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
- Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings: White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
- Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
- Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
- Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
- White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
- French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
- Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice.