Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Srinath RaghavanYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 20 year boy and I have regular back pain. Please give me remedy for that and some times when I wake up from sleep my whole body aches, sometimes I feel like I don't have much power in my hands I cant hold any thing very tightly as I do in my normal days please give reason and remedy for that
I am a physically active male, 47 years old. There is intense pain in my forearm, only while in certain angles. When I lift a reasonably heavy dumbbell perpendicularly from adjacent to my ear. My left hand does it easy but my right arm is unable to do so. I cannot pinpoint where the pain is and hence not analgesic can be used. I also ride a two wheeler. Is this like a form of tendonitis or plain muscle injury? Should I see a orthopaedic surgeon about this issue or a sports doctor?
Hi sir/madam I had an accident in which 2 of my left forearm bones hot broken, doctors did my surgery and took off the plaster and stitches after 2 weeks and it's been 4 days but I am not able to move my wrist backward and sideways, it's like a jam can you please resolve my query thank you.
Hi, I get pain in my knees whenever I sit folding the knees, same case is with my fingers. I am 30 yrs old height- 5.1" and weight is - 47 kg. Is it arthritis and how can I get rid of this problem. There are frequent changes also in my mood. Unwanted thoughts come in mind. I am unable to concentrate on anything. What can be the possible solution ( in ayurved, home or meditation) for all these problems
I am 22 years old, I used to drink whiskey everyday twice before 1 and a half year ago, after that I started drinking beer, and now my lower ribs at waist are paining a bit what should I do?
I was met with an accident and my leg was fractured but after 2 years of the accident the pain still suffer me. What should i do?
My right side shoulder got paining from past three days. I took some medicines. But it doesn't work which medicine I should take.
I am having pain in my knees since morning and not able to walk properly. Sometimes the pain is high and at time very high. I have taken painkillers.
I have knee aches for many months I have tried many remedies involving allopathy and ayurveda but in vain Please suggest some tips so that my knee aches recover soon.
I have ligament fracture in my knee. Is any possibility to fit through homeopathic medicine. Because I don't want to surgery my knee. I scared about it. Pl suggest me what should I do.
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
How is this procedure conducted?
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician