Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srilatha Ramakrishnan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srilatha RamakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hello. My daughter is one year old. She has been suffering from cold and cough since a week. I am giving her sinarest AF and Brozeet. What else I have to give? Should I massage mustard oil on her feet? Pl help.
My 5 month old baby is suffering from nose congestion. Her blocked nose is disturbing her very much. She is not drinking milk and unable to sleep due to it. M giving her Rhine nasal spray along with Febrex plus and antibiotic for the past 7 days but the condition is still the same. Help me out.
I am breastfeeding the baby and there was some blood and pus below the nipple. Now I am applying the ointment, but the lumps are getting formed and I have to expel every 1 hr. How to prevent lumps? And can I use nipple shields from next time? As baby is getting teeth, I think because of sharp teeth I am facing this issue.
Sir, I have twins (Girl & Boy) born on 02.05. 2015 (6 months + age). Whether it is good to feed them Oat meal to them? In what way it is better to prepare OAT meal? Only Boiling & after softening the OAT with water, adding milk product (Pro Nan 2), meal ready for baby. Is it safe method? Is OAT healthy to 6 month + age baby?
My daughter age 22 month she say papa one word only she can hear normally is she any problem to talking or she is normal I am worried about this please help me.
Meri gudiya 2 sal ki hai aur bathroom hamesha kapdo Mai hi deti hai. She knows and tell us everything but in case of toilet she doesn't tell us.what can be done
With the word accident, the first thing that comes to our mind is a traffic accident or an outdoor accident. We all may usually relate accidents with outdoor hazards, but little do we realize that the place that we consider to be the safest, that is, our homes, has a number of hazards itself. Accidents at home are usually caused due to negligence. Children are especially prone to be hurt by such accidents. Just like we stay careful outside our home, it is also important to maintain safety indoors to prevent accidents.
Here are some of the common accidents that occur mostly to children along with the preventive steps that can help you to avoid them:
1. Fall: Falling is one of the most common accidents that children experience. There may be a number of factors such as objects scattered on the floor, the floor being slippery, unstable walking of the child, lack of supervision, etc.
- Keep floors clean, dry and free from unnecessary obstructions.
- Always keep a check on your toddler as he learns to walk
- Do not keep babies unattended when they are sitting on a high surface
- Keep the bed rail of the baby cot raised whenever the child is in it
2. Choking: Choking is a serious condition that leads to breathlessness due to accidental swallowing of foods or objects, covering head by blankets, strangulation, etc.
- Avoid toys that have small detachable parts
- Keep a watch on your child when he/she plays with small objects
- Keep children away from buckets or tubs filled with water
- Never allow your children to play while eating
3. Burns: Burns may occur from contact with hot objects, hot water or fire.
- Make sure that you don't hold a child and a hot object or beverage at the same time
- Make sure that your child doesn't enter the kitchen without supervision
- While preparing warm water for bathing your child in, always check the water temperature beforehand
4. Poisoning: Poisoning takes place under conditions of food poisoning or accidental swallowing of harmful substances like detergents, insecticides or drugs.
- Keep all medicines, detergents, soaps and chemicals out of the child's reach
- Store all chemicals and toxic substances in their respective containers or make sure the containers are labelled properly
- Always keep a first-aid box ready at hand if you have a child at home. For severe conditions talk to a doctor or visit a hospital immediately.
How to overcome chronic ITP, hypothyroidism and recently detected fibroids/cysts to enter into marital life and become pregnant at the age of 41?
Sir, my child is 8 month old and he is very ill for changes the weather I am testing the blood in Dr. Lal patlab and report is ige - 319 iron - 14 vit d, 25-hydroxy, serum - 63.31 hemoglobin - 9.70 mcv - 67.00 mch - 32.70.
My son is 15 months old and he is suffering from cold frequently. He can't able to breathe also I have consulted many doctors but there is no change suggest me opinion how should I treat my son.
My son is one month old, he is passing watery faltus sometimes is it normal. Many people says it is normal in infants.
Hi. My baby is having hard motions. She is of 9 months old. Can anyone pls suggest some home remedies for that.
My daughter is 4 yrs old weighing only 10 kg 500gm she does not gain weight and is very weak i consulted many doctors but is useless they say she is very active thats the only anwer i get she has problem eating solid food she does not like to eat a single fruit nor chocolates or any chips or waffers from outside and also harras me a lot to eat home made food pls help my daghter fo that she start liking to eat food and gain some weight atleast.
My baby has completed 6 weeks. For her 6 week vaccination. Wht is painful n painless vaccination. Wht is d difference n wht is d cost?
Healthy eating gives kids the energy they need for their busy days.
Here are some great ways to make it easier.
Breakfast is important: it can be up to 12 hrs since their last meal, so kids need to refuel for the day ahead. Give him healthy choices like cereal and reduced fat milk, toast, fresh fruit, eggs on toast, juice and reduced fat yoghurt.
Water works: get kids into the habit of drinking water to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
Snack smart: encourage your kids to take an interest in their health early in life by planning their own healthy snacks-this will help them look for a healthy diet when they get older.
Get cooking: food is not just about good nutrition; it's one of life's great pleasures. Transform your kids into young cooks-even young children can help peel carrots, pod peas, great cheese, put together tacos or design their own healthy pizza toping. If they've helped make it, they'll be more likely to enjoy eating it.
Slow and steady: encourage them to eat slowly. This prevents overeating and helps them recognize when they're full.
Eat at the table: eating snacks and meals sitting down at the table or kitchen bench instead of in front of the tv is good habit for the whole family.
Get a balance: variety and balance are the keep to helping a child enjoy a healthy diet. Aim to eat a variety of foods each day (this depends on the age of the child) including fruit, vegetables breads and cereals, lean meat or fish and reduced fat dairy products.
Tasty exploration: encourage kids to try different food. Exposure to lots of different tastes and flavours adds excitement to meals.