Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikumar Swaminathan
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Srikumar SwaminathanYour feedback matters!
I am a 35 yrs old male and I have chest pain suddenly some times. I cont do any work that time please give me the suggestion or medicine.
My wife usually feel pain in the chest (just below the neck) to the head, feels uneasy, eyes start to pain, it stops after she vomits 2-3 times. She often feel pain in her forearm. She is suffering from this for the last 4 months.
I high blood pressure diabetes sugar hypertension how to get rid off it how can live life like normal people.
What precautions should a teenager take when both parents suffer from diabetes and one suffers from high blood pressure and cholesterol as well? Thanks in advance!
Let's understand the function of our heart and how to keep it healthy! Our heart is a muscular organ, located just behind and slightly left of the breast bone. It pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardiovascular system.
The heart has four chambers:
- The right atrium receives blood from the veins and pumps it to the right ventricle.
- The right ventricle receives blood from the right atrium and pumps it to the lungs, where it is loaded with oxygen.
- The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs and pumps it to the left ventricle.
- The left ventricle (the strongest chamber) pumps oxygen rich blood to the rest of the body. The left ventricle’s vigorous contractions create our blood pressure. The foods you eat, the amount of activity you do as well as your lifestyle can dramatically affect the overall health of your heart along with many other tissues that make up your cardiovascular system. Unhealthy eating habits can lead to various Heart Disorders.
Let’s look at the ways to keep it healthy!
- Healthy mind healthy body, so it is important that you take peaceful 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Keep yourself out of stress, involve yourself in regular some stress buster activities.
- Keep a check on your Blood Pressure.
- Cut your saturated fat intake and make an effort to check the ingredients of your intake. Too much of bad cholesterol can clog the heart and arteries with dangerous plaque.
- Keep a control on your blood sugar level.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, if you're doing nothing, do something and if you're doing something, do extra.
- Eat more fruit and less fruit juice.
- Control obesity and keep your body mass index(BMI) in controlled level to be fit.
- Quit smoking as soon as you can and get yourself into having something else that you like at regular intervals, which is healthy.
- Cut your calorie intake and cut your sugar sweetened soda and keep check on all your sweet temptations.
- Eat lot of Seafood.
- Find ways to keep yourself happy and out of worries, be with lively people.
- Breathe slowly and deeply for a few minutes a day.
- Get yourself into Yoga.
- Keep a regular check of your hearth health under your doctor’s guidance.
Leave aside all your worries! Have a Healthy Heart and a Healthy Life!
17 years old with a blood pressure of 115/75-125/85 is it normal? Weight: 95 kg Height: 173 cm He doesn't exercise and eat fast foods a lot.
I am 61 years and am obese weigh 100kg. And 5.7" Is it safe for me to have this surgery or is there some other way I can loose weight. I have suffered a minor stroke last year and a minor heart attack about 13 years back. I have 7 dislocations in my back! rest, I am fine!
I have recently done complete health check-up as a part of regular checkup to be done quarterly. I wanted to specifically check Cardiac related issues as from past 2 months I get very mild pain in left side of chest anytime. I have been observing blood pressure and heart count immediately whenever got pain but all was normal. Now in my reports some abnormal values I see are as below: APOLIPOPROTEIN - A1 (APO-A1) = 89 mg/dl, HIGH SENSITIVITY C-REACTIVE PROTEIN (HS-CRP) = 1.47 mg/dl, BLOOD UREA NITROGEN (BUN) = 6.31 mg/dl, BUN / SR. CREATININE RATIO= 8.53, HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT = 34 mg/dl, LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT = 79 mg/dl, eosinophil = 12.6% I am 35 years old with acute asthma and weak lungs but have never had any cardiac related issues so far. It is just off late from past 2 months I get some sensitive pain which I am not sure due to what. Any idea?
My triglycerides are 230 mg/dl. Presently using novastst 10. Shall I continue or any valued suggestion.?
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.