Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srikala PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Madam I am 27 years old. I was having continuous pain in my head from last 3 days. I had visited eye specialist yesterday he said you have to wear glasses. He recommended the power of specs to be ±0.5 on right eye and ±0.5 cyl and ±0.5 on left eye. What should I do so that I can remove the specs. Thanks.
I am 61 year old man, the place where I was working had a big hospital and all Doctors the doctor for eyes after checking, putting drops in the eyes etc prescribed glasses, but that didn't work I and some of my colleagues found it very difficult, at times used to bang in to each other, so I stopped using those glasses and used ready made glasses which the shopkeeper gave after checking my eyesight with a computer-that worked Fine and still is, only reading of +3, think I need new glasses, what is your advice Doctor? Your earlier suggestion of putting Aquaray Gel, for itching in the eyes was very helpful-Perfect. Regards.
I have eye & head ache problems. When I read more times and watching tv my head se aching and my eyes aur full of water. This is about 4-5 months . Please help me.
I am planning for Lasik eye surgery. Yesterday I went to a doctor and he said that epi lasik surgery is best for me as I have thin cornea. Is epi lasik safe? One more thing, If I have -2 eye number then doctor will be correcting this particular number only or he does not require my number at the time of surgery since it will be corrected automatically whatever no. I have.
I am 28, male, no medical history. My eyes number is attached here. Is there any medication or tips /exercise/home remedy by which I can have normal eye numbers. I have problem in reading small fonts. For eg. I can read headlines of newspaper but to read full article I have to bring paper near to eyes. Same working with computer, reading is very clear when I wear specs. Is there any permanent solutions in any of the pathy. Please suggest! R -1.0× 170- 6/6 L-1.0× 170- 6/6.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.