Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Priya RaviYour feedback matters!
My blood sugar estimation as under.Glucose-fasting 159 mg/dl, urine glucose-fasting absent.glucose - 2 hrs after meal 243 mg/dl,urine glucose - 2 hrs after meal trace should I need medicine? what food can I take?
I am diabetic 45 years old female. I feel burning in my feet. Why?what is the reason? What is d cure ?plz help.
I have hypothyroidism since 10 years. I am on medication since then and my reports are also normal, I'v started fat accumulation on face and especially neck area, rest of the body is slim comparatively. What type of exercises I should do to reduce fat from face and neck area? Please advise.
I am affected by Sugar, and its level was found 248 after meal but next day taking medicine, and control diet, it was found only 127, I am in doubt, it is possible or not. How may possible to down so much in 24 hrs. By medicine?
I am 31 year old, male. I am suffering from severe foot pain especially in the morning since 6 months. I am not diabetic. Kindly give me advice to solve my problem.
I got sugar complaint and I am using insulin 30/70 huminsulin, melmet 500 and amwel 2.5, tellzy rsKindly advice how to come out without medicineRrgardsGOVIND raju.
Dear sir. Pls. Provide me your kind guidance. Following is the result of my mothers thyroid test. T3- 98.73 ng/dL T4-5.39ug/dL TSH-7.685 ulu/ml Where tsh is high. She is taking thyronorm tablet of 25 mg power .what should she do now. Pls suggest. Is there any need to increase dose. If yes. Then how much. She felt minor unconscious ness yesterday.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.