Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Priya RaviYour feedback matters!
Hi. Akanksha this side. I want to ask for my health. How can I loose my weight. I am suffering from thyroid also.
Ek family ka ghar mein agar apna father ko diabetes aur sugar huaa toh won ka beti aur beta ko bhi diabetes aur sugar hota ki nahi. Aisa kyun hota hai. Won next gerneration ko diabetes aur sugar se kaisa mukti karna chahiye. Jis ko diabetes aur sugar huaa he. Won ka jhootha khana aur pani se diabetes aur sugar ho hota he kya. Pura generation ko diabetes aur sugar se kaise mukti karna chahiye.
Are you looking for an effective way to managing your diabetes? Yoga is considered to be an ideal remedy. Regular yoga helps in reducing the sugar levels in your blood, and also lowers your blood pressure. It helps to keep your weight in check and relieves and reduces the symptoms of diabetes, thereby, slowing down the progression of the condition. Moreover, yoga helps in increasing the production of glucagon, which is a hormone responsible for increasing glucose levels in your blood. There are several yoga poses or asanas, which assist in reducing stress from your mind. This reduces the glucagon amount and improves insulin action.
Here are some important yoga poses and asanas, which help in stress reduction, and in turn work on your diabetic symptoms.
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise involves breathing in and breathing out. It helps in oxygenating your blood, thereby improving blood circulation. Your mind calms down and your nerves get relaxed.
- Setubandhasana: This yoga pose is ideal for blood pressure management, and also provides relaxation to your mind. It helps in improving several other conditions, and functions of your body.
- Balasana: This asana is referred to as the pose of a child. It is an ideal stress buster. It stretches your thighs, hips, and ankles, calms your mind and provides effective stress relief. It eliminates fatigue and cures lower back pain.
- Vajrasana: This is another simple yoga pose, which is ideal for providing relaxation to your mind. It is an important yoga asana, according to Ayurvedic beliefs.
- Sarvangasana: This yoga pose is renowned for its function of regulating the working of your thyroid glands. The thyroid glands control the functioning of your entire body, which includes your nervous, reproductive, and respiratory system. It also controls your body’s metabolism. This yoga pose nourishes your spine, supplying large amounts of oxygen and blood. This enables you to keep away from nervous system disorders, and improves your overall health. In short, it is an ideal overall stress buster.
- Halasana: This yoga asana is ideal for people who are stressed because of a bad posture, owing to long hours of sitting in a place. The pose stimulates your thyroid glands, lungs, parathyroid glands, and the organs in your abdomen. It helps the rush of blood to your face and head, keeping your hormone levels under supervision. It is effective for diabetic patients.
- Dhanurasana: It is another effective yoga pose that strengthens your backbone and back. It stimulates your reproductive organs, and works great in beating stress and fatigue. It is highly recommended to be practiced for diabetic patients.
Here is a list of food items you should include/cut down in your diet in case you have type 2 diabetes:
- Vegetables: You must have fresh or frozen vegetables and avoid using sauces, dips, fats or salts. Intake non-starchy vegetables like cucumber, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and vegetables, which are dark green or yellow in color. Also have starchy vegetables such as corn, green peas, beans, carrots and yams. Avoid potatoes as they are pure starch.
- Fresh Fruits: You should include fresh fruits in your regular diet. Have apples, bananas, berries, papaya, cherries, grapes, melons, oranges, peaches, pineapples and raisins. Have whole fruits regularly, which do not contain added chemical sweeteners.
- Grains: Include grains in your diet and consume whole grains more. Whole grains are not processed and consist of the whole-grain kernel. Grains contain starch, which is a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are bad for blood sugar. Hence, whole grains, which are rich in fiber are recommended. Fiber controls the blood-sugar level from shooting up. Fiber should be included in the form of bran of oat and wheat.
- Proteins: Coming to protein food items, you should consume fish and poultry items often. Always remove the skin from chicken or turkey properly before cooking. Buy lean meat and trim all the fat from meat. Avoid frying and use methods such as baking, roasting, grilling or boiling. Also use healthy oils for frying purpose.
- Dairy Products: In case of type 2 diabetes, always use dairy products, which are low in fat. Do not add sugar to milk, curd or yoghurt as they contain natural sugar. Do not consume more than three cups of milk a day.
- Oils and Fats: Cut down the intake of excessive oily and fatty foods. Avoid food items that contain high saturated fats such as bacon, hams, sausages and butter. Consume food with polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats. Oil raises blood-sugar level and is high in calorie and should be used in lesser amounts.
A type 2 diabetes patient needs to undergo several changes in his/her diet to keep a check on the rising blood sugar levels and for living as healthy as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.
I have diabetic complaints for the last 9 years and under INSUGEN 30/70 injection (22 + 16 units) per day. My sugar level is always at 140/290. How to reduce it. My doctor advised me with Galvus 50 1-0-1 and Diapride M1 1-0-1. Advise me further. 2. I feel light chest pain. I read an article about Garlic + Ginger + Lemon + Honey with Apple Citric Vinegar. Will it be effective for my health. Thanks
I am a 2nd stage diabetic patient having average 125 blood sugar, bp 90/140, cholesterol levels 200.
Dear Sir, If a sugar patient get a treatment of insulin is that harmful or not other body organs! If this harmful what is the effect of the other body parts.
My mother suffering thyroid for an one year .blood pressure is normal position .thyroid also normal .then how to get out from this .what is the reason behind it. Rply soon.
Sir I am a diabetic person age 40 years. Fasting 200 and pp 270. Recently suffering from erection dysfunction from last week. Please help.
I had thyroid which showed normal in last two tests. But still i am not loosing weight. And I am having some symptoms like fatigue and depression sometimes and hair fall. So what shall I do next? I tried my hard to loose weight but no use. Please suggest me something practical and really useful.
Since 18 years I have been diabetic. Due to it I suffering erectile dysfunction. Sugar level is fast 110 & post 200 please advise best medicine.
Depression combined with obesity high blood pressure and unhealthy cholesterol levels may significantly increase the risk of developing Diabetes finds a new study.
The findings show that people who suffer from depression and metabolic risk factors such as obesity high blood pressure and unhealthy cholesterol levels are more than six times more likely to develop diabetes.