Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Priya RaviYour feedback matters!
I am a 45 years old. I am diabetic as well as have sugar problem. Can you suggest some foods or medicine so there will be less problems.
My mother has reached 50. She is having diabetes problem for quite a long time. Pls let me know about ways she can control her diabetes.
I am 25y /f having hypothyroidism since 1 yr taking tab thyronorm 75mcg, plan for conceive, last TSH 0.27 (SEP 2015, Should I continue the same dose? Also with symptoms of numbness lower limbs, pain, sometimes swelling on ankle, chest pain for 2-3 min only. Is it normal phenomenon? First TSH >75.
How Ayurveda can help manage diabetes? Recently detected with it. Hb1ac at 8. And triglycerides are high too.
I have irregular menstrual cycle My weight has gone high doctor said I have cyst Low thyroid Pls give some suggestions to get regular menstrual cycle and to reduce weight .
Hello. I am dipali. And I m 17 years old, my mother is a diabetic patient. Her sugar level is about 200-300 so. What she have to do?
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"