Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sri Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sri KumarYour feedback matters!
1. Make sure your blood pressure is under 140/90 mm Hg. If your systolic pressure (the top number) is over 140, ask your doctor what you can do to lower it.
2. Take your high blood pressure medicine, if prescribed, every day. If you have questions, talk to your doctor.
3. Aim for a healthy weight. If you are overweight or obese, carrying this extra weight increases your risk of high blood pressure. One way to determine if you need to lose weight is to find out your body mass index or BMI. If your BMI is above the healthy range (i.e., 25 or greater), or if your waist measurement is greater than 35 inches (women) or 40 inches (men) you probably have excess abdominal weight and you may benefit from weight loss especially if you have other risk factors. Talk to your doctor to see if you are at increased risk for high blood pressure and need to lose weight.
4. Increase your physical activity. Do at least 30 minutes of moderate activity, such as walking, most days of the week. You can do 30 minutes in three 10-minute segments.
5. Choose foods low in salt and sodium. Most Americans should consume no more than 2.4 grams (2,400 milligrams) of sodium a day. That equals 6 grams, about one teaspoon of table salt a day. For someone with high blood pressure, the doctor may advise less.
6. Read nutrition labels. Almost all packaged foods contain sodium. Every time you prepare or eat a packaged food, know how much sodium is in one serving.
7. Keep a sodium diary. You may be surprised at how much sodium you consume each day and the diary will help you decide which foods to decrease or eliminate.
8. Use spices and herbs instead of salt to season the food you prepare at home.
9. Eat more fruits, vegetables, grains, and low-fat dairy foods.
10. If you consume alcohol at all, consume moderate amounts. For men, this is less than two 12 oz servings of beer, or two 5 oz glasses of wine, or two 1 1/2 oz servings of "hard" alcohol a day. Women or lighter weight people should have not more than a single serving of any one of these beverages in a given day.
I am on a keto diet and I go to gym regularly. I eat 10 whole eggs a day. They are high in dietary cholesterol. So is it safe to have 10 eggs a day.
Due to high blood pressure my brother is unconscious as vien ruptured causing blood clots. Doctor treating to control blood pressure. It's two days should we wait? We need second opinion.
Sir namaskar. maine 2 baar tb ki dawai kha chuka hu lekin chest me dard bana rehta h but ab tb nhi h. maine ct scan karwaya h. report me likha h. (linear fibrotic bands in apical segment of right upper lobe) (subcentimeter sized calcified lymph nodes in right hilum and pretracheal region) Sir dard ne kuch nhi h kaha h iss report me. aisa lagta h ki chaati me paani bhara ho ya balgum jama ho. karwat lete samay chati se gudur gudur ki aawaz aati h.left side bharipan rehta h mai bahut paresan hu. Please koi solution bataya sir.
Sir I have a weak digestive system whenever I eat a little bit excessive food or normal food then my heartbeat goes faster for 15-20 minutes then behalf of this I go for ecg nd ecg-tnt test bt report is normal bt stills this problem remain and I have also a lean body according to my height is this because of this problem nd always some weakness in my body since 4-5 months also please give a solution for underweight problem thank you.
My bp is 115 /82 BP , anxiety disordern & chest pain & body weakness I go to my doctor it's like 120 over 70 and he said now it's fine and he says it is due to anxiety disorder but it's fine at his or her office only at home it goes high what do you recommend.
Sir my age 30. After eating gas and acidity problem. Chest pain. Toilet not Clear. Please tell me medicine name.
The heart to deliver oxygen to working muscles.
- Aerobic exercise stimulates the heart rate and breathing rate to increase in a way that can be sustained for the exercise session. In contrast, anaerobic ("without oxygen") exercise is activity that causes you to be quickly out of breath, like sprinting or lifting a heavy weight.
- Aerobic exercises include cardio machines, spinning, running, swimming, walking, hiking, dancing, cross country skiing, and kickboxing. There are many other types.
- Aerobic exercises can become anaerobic exercises if performed at a level of intensity that is too high.
- Aerobic exercise not only improves fitness; it also has known benefits for both physical and emotional health.
- Aerobic exercise can help prevent or reduce the chance of developing some cancers, diabetes, depression, cardiovascular disease, and osteoporosis.