Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri DeviYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and some kind of is occurred immediately in my stomach so give me some solution for this.
Why everytime when I take Morning walk schedule atleast for a month or two, my weight increases instead decrease? P. S. I do care to maintain diet control too.
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr.
Hi I have grey hair and also stomach problem. I don't know how to get rid of it. Can you suggest me some home remedy and exercise for this solution. I have tried many things but didn't get any result. I will be really thank full to you.
I am suffering from high blood pressure. Near 110/170. Kindly suggest good treatment for this condition.
My hair are falling day by day. My age is 26. What is solution? I also got some rings on my face. How should I remove these permanently.
My skin problems so many long time many doctor consult but no solution. Skin has many dark circles &pimples. Can be help me.
This is not actually semen but a secretion from the prostatic and urethral glands. When a man squats in the Indian style toilet and strains a little, the pressure is transmitted from the rectum to the prostate and urethra, and this in turn results in a few drops of a sticky substance to come out of the urethra.
Hi. Dr. I am suffering from psoriasis since 2002 many types of medicine I take but it's come back again and again. Is there any solution that it will gone for always.
My mother use to have low BP. Just wanted to know what all home remedies she can take to keep this in control. She use to take coffee when she feel low.
1. Follow a low residue diet to relieve abdominal pain and diarrhea. Avoid foods that may increase stool output such as fresh fruits and vegetables, prunes and caffeinated beverages.
2. Decrease concentrated sweets in your diet, such as juices, candy and soda, to help decrease amounts of water pulled into your intestine, which may contribute to watery stools.
3. Decrease alcohol consumption. Try incorporating more omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. These fats may have an anti-inflammatory effect. They are found in fish, including salmon, mackerel, herring and sardines.
4. Patients often find that smaller, more frequent meals are better tolerated. This eating pattern can help increase the amount of nutrition you receive in a day. Consider taking nutritional supplements if appetite is poor and solid foods are not tolerated well (see section on recommended liquid supplements).
My mother is in her late 50's she is having hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, osteoporosis, hyperlipidemia which medicines she should take.
8 month of my tummy is so tight and my left and right side some pain and tummy is so heavy. What should i do? Please advise.
This summer how reduce pimple in my face this summer please help me I am very needed to reduce my pimple.
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.